Varsity

WAVERLY @ THE BURG

Post by soccerfix »

A MUST WIN FOR BOTH? TUESDAY 9/16

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Re: WAVERLY @ THE BURG

Post by maintenanceman »

No...just for Wheelersburg. Waverly has to lose 3 games before they would not lose a shot at the SOC title.

If Wheelersburg loses, they are all but out of the running for the SOC II.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

maintenanceman wrote:No...just for Wheelersburg. Waverly has to lose 3 games before they would not lose a shot at the SOC title.

Actually, Waverly needs to lose to burg and minford both(that is very possible) then there would be a 3 way tie for the SOC.....has that ever happened?

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

burgboy wrote:
maintenanceman wrote:No...just for Wheelersburg. Waverly has to lose 3 games before they would not lose a shot at the SOC title.

Actually, Waverly needs to lose to burg and minford both(that is very possible) then there would be a 3 way tie for the SOC.....has that ever happened?

Which means that Waverly would have to lose 3 GAMES before losing a shot at the SOC Title (2 GAMES if they want to win it outright!)...If the Tigers can put two good halves together on Tuesday evening, they should be able to win (even AT the Burg)...I'm going with Waverly 4 - Burg 2 (ONLY 1 goal on a PK this time around)!

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

I agree with Pcohio, Waverly will likely commit one possably two penalties in the box resulting in Pks. However, I still believe waverly will win this one but only by one goal. 3-2 Tigers

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

COMMIT OR CALLED????

falcon_13
Waterboy

Post by falcon_13 »

i'm going with burg on this one......but just this once.......

UK_FAN
Waterboy

Post by UK_FAN »

Burg will win if all players are utilized and play as a team. Burg has shown alot of promise in previous games(Especially Waverly game). Minford was just a wake up call...Good luck pirates

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Rumor has it that Landon Boyer one of the best defenders in southern Ohio is back after a broken foot suffered during scrimmage game for Waverly. Should help sure up the defense for the Burg game and Saturday's Chillicothe game.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Yes, Boyer has been training with the squad and should return to action tonight!
Go Tigers!!

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Hey sports_tracker!
Tell your boy I said "Good Luck!" tonight!
I will be rooting for him, but not his team! :122249

NoHustle
Waterboy

Post by NoHustle »

Im leaving this game up to the burg defense. Burg can compete with the best of em. Hopefully they pull through tonight to make this SOC interesting..
Go Pirates!

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

Have to go with the Burg on this one . It's @Ed Miller Stadium . Burg always tuff there should be agood game . Good luck to both teams

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

Soccerfix Commit is what I said, I say that based on thier previous record in competitive games ( Burg, Minford) I just feel like they have a problem defending in the box. However, with Boyer playing it may be a different story no question he is an exceptional defender. I don't see any reason to believe the refs are going to make calls they don't see. After all Burg and Minford have played two very close and intense games with no Pks. Waverly will have to do the same to convince me they don't have a nagging problem.

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

Wheelersburg 5 Waverly 4

Now get the job done Minford!!!

Oh, and no PK's!!! :lol:

trashtalker08
Waterboy

Post by trashtalker08 »

Wheelersburg has finally showed signs of life..... until tonite, burg has struggled since the season started. now they are becoming that team that burg has always been known to be...... a dominating team..... of course burg thinks they are better than everybody but they showed tonite that they were a team that knew they were going to win going into the game. congrats pirates and im interested to see how the minford vs waverly game turns out for soc II. :!:

t10
Waterboy

Post by t10 »

MARK THIS ONE DOWN AS ONE OF THE GREATEST GAMES IN SOC HISTORY!!!!

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

I wanna give some love to my boy DILLAN LEWIS and the wheelersburg pirates for one heck of a win!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

i heard that burg wins and without any "PK's". i was skeptical about the win without "PK's" but i did verify the rumor as truth. good win for the pirates. tigers show they are vulnerable.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

It was a very good match...lead changes, last minute goals and no PK's!
The Tigers came out flat (again) in the second half and the Pirates were flying to the ball. I thought the key to the match was Waverly's 3 forward formation on Burg's small field...When the wings and forwards pushed up, it left a lot of open space for Remy to cover on his own. With the short field, it was easy for the Burg Keeper to clear it out to a wing, who booted it over Waverly's defense into the path of an onrushing Pirate attacker. The timing for this to develop on a bigger field gives Waverly a chance to get people behind the ball, but with the smaller field the ball was up and down a lot quicker and really exposed some gaps in Waverly's formation!
Waverly's coaching staff should have packed in the defense with about 3 minutes left and been satisfied with the 4-4 draw which would have been as good as a win at this point in the season, but they chose to go for the winning goal and it cost them the match!
The Pirates last goal showed some great combination play with Lewis and White...Huge play in the race for the SOC II Title! I hope Waverly doesn't overlook South Webster on their schedule thinking ahead to a must-win at Minford in October!
Keep your heads up Tigers!

Return to “Soccer”