Minford vs. Berlin-Hiland, Oct 28.

Who will win this match-up?

Total votes: 0

thenoose
Freshman Team

Minford vs. Berlin-Hiland, Oct 28.

Post by thenoose »

Who do you think will win this match-up?...Comments and questions??

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Minford vs. Berlin-Hiland, Oct 28.

Post by danicalifornia »

I'm going with Hiland, based on one big factor, travel.

Minford has a heck of a ride, on a school day to get to the game and no matter what anyone says, it takes a toll on you. I think that these teams are pretty evenly matched, but if the Falcons can get an early tally, they will be alright.

basketballfan23
Waterboy

Post by basketballfan23 »

i agree with u dani but i think minford will b ready for for hiland...i kno the team last year we would have played hiland last year in regionals but lost in district finals at the va...i hope to c the falcons win this one and go on to play another day after tuesday...comon falcons play to win and win minford regionals...GO FALCONS

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

I think that if Minford can get on the board first, then they'll be in good shape and the defense will be able to hold up

weeze1
Waterboy

Post by weeze1 »

this is the year of the Falcons

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

I believe Minford will win this one.

I hear that Hiland is not as tough as normal and the senior presence on Minford will be enough to carry them on. It will be a tough game for sure, but I just think Minford will make it happen.

Good luck Minford

This is the first time that a SOC team has advanced to regionals since South Webster in 2004 (vs Unioto).

2005- Hiland & Zane Trace
2006- Hiland & Zane Trace
2007- Hiland & Stubenville Catholic Central

SportsCrazy
Waterboy

Post by SportsCrazy »

I agree with vballsoccer178 totally. Minford's senior presence is outstanding. Their fowards can find a way to get the ball into the net. Their stoppers are also excellent. Newsome finds away to get the ball away from the goal and Sparks also does a wonderful job of it. Also, Hackworth has improved tremendously from last year. I'm very impressed with him. Minford's keeper Jordan is also a very athletic player. I can't wait to see him on the court though. :122245 Even the freshmen, Munion and Blackburn are good players. So IMO I think Minford has too many weapons for Berlin-Hiland. I think the players control their destiny on how far they want to go into this tournament. I would love to see a SOC team take it to state. Good luck tomorrow night FALCONS!

basketballfan23
Waterboy

sportscrazy hit it right on the money...minford has alot of weapons and 12 seniors that want to win this game and want to play at the crew field...the seniors will not go down without a fight...and with warren and price up top...thats hard to stop cause they both are very fast...and i cant say enough about jacob hackworth he has improved alot since last year ecspecially in the aggressiveness area...last year he didnt play center mid but this year he is in there winning the balls in the air...and with newsome huff sparks and denny in the back line...the falcons have a very good chance of winning this game...minford has to keep possession of the ball and control the game to win this one...LETS GO FALCONS...BRING HOME A REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP...

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan9572 »

Good luck Falcons.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Good Luck Falcons!

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Good luck guys!

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

I will be in attendance since it is at Philo. For those of you that don't know where the field is...

Coming North Route 60, turn right at the first light by Subway and the field is on the right, can't miss it.

Coming South Route 60, turn left at the second light by subway.

Good-Luck Minford, I love to see the Central District teams get beat by anyone in SEO.

weeze1
Waterboy

Post by weeze1 »

Philos_Finest....

Hiland is out of the East district not Central

NoHustle
Waterboy

Post by NoHustle »

I watched Berlin play saturday against eastern they had a verry strong first half but looked FLAT in the second. if MINFORD can put 1 n early and then be the second half team that they are we'll be watching them play in the regional finals
Dress warn boyz its gonna be a cold 1

m_martin
Riding the Bench

Post by m_martin »

i hope the falcons play again after today and bring home a regioal championship!!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Hopefully someone can post updates for those of us who can't make it. Cell phones and the internet is very helpful in these situations.

basketballfan23
Waterboy

one of my buddies on the minford team said they juss got to the field...he said the team is pumped up and ready to play this game...lets go falcons...bring another one home...

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

I forgot this was a d-3 game, my bad. Either way, i like to see the Columbus area schools lose.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Good Luck Falcons!

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Any half time updates?

Return to “Soccer”