Scioto Valley Conference (SVC)

bsee12345
Varsity

Scioto Valley Conference (SVC)

Post by bsee12345 »

2016 will be the 1st year SVC will officially have a league champion in Soccer. Huntington and Paint Valley do have teams but the other 6 schools all have teams. It will be sanctioned as a boys sport but Adena and Piketon have Co-ed Teams. Good for the SVC. On the girls side I believe 4 schools have girls teams and those being Unioto, Zane Trace, Southeastern and Westfall. Probably will have to have Adena and Piketon to split teams to get Girls Soccer a SVC championship sport.

Maybe a suggestion would be to form a Girls Soccer League for Southeast Ohio. I know in Northeast and Northwest Ohio there are Soccer only leagues because of the number of schools that do not offer soccer in their primary leagues.

Would be nice to see maybe the 4 SVC girls teams to team up with the 5 SCOL teams plus Jackson to form a Girls Soccer League.

king kong
Freshman Team

Re: Scioto Valley Conference (SVC)

Post by king kong »

Piketon has two teams, I just left the girls camp and they had 14 out, with several who had other obligations.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Piketon will need to fully field a girls team for another year for that league to happen, IMO.

I've kinda stepped away from the local soccer scene in the past couple of years, but I would guess that Zane Trace will win the inaugural league title. Unioto's numbers were way down last year, so I'm guessing that they are still a year or so away competing with ZT for the top spot.

To be completely honest, when I played and coached, this was the last thing we wanted, but I feel like it could be much more competitive than it would've been even 2 years ago, plus it gives the kids something else to compete for.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

danicalifornia wrote:Piketon will need to fully field a girls team for another year for that league to happen, IMO.

I've kinda stepped away from the local soccer scene in the past couple of years, but I would guess that Zane Trace will win the inaugural league title. Unioto's numbers were way down last year, so I'm guessing that they are still a year or so away competing with ZT for the top spot.

To be completely honest, when I played and coached, this was the last thing we wanted, but I feel like it could be much more competitive than it would've been even 2 years ago, plus it gives the kids something else to compete for.

last year and most likely this year, Unioto>>> Zane trace.. since I assume we are talking girls soccer here. Unioto last year had a fantastic mid who could get the ball to their stud freshman forward and they scored a ton of goals. They beat zane trace 5-0 last year as well. Numbers wise, I don't think they were way down either, as we played them in both jv and varsity.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Falcon01 wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:Piketon will need to fully field a girls team for another year for that league to happen, IMO.

last year and most likely this year, Unioto>>> Zane trace.. since I assume we are talking girls soccer here. Unioto last year had a fantastic mid who could get the ball to their stud freshman forward and they scored a ton of goals. They beat zane trace 5-0 last year as well. Numbers wise, I don't think they were way down either, as we played them in both jv and varsity.
Talking boys.

The Unioto girls program is in great shape and Jayla Campbell is outstanding and only a sophomore.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Ah well my bad then. Jayla is a fantastic player. Now they just gotta find someone to replace the girl who always got her the ball in great runs.

Return to “Soccer”