SOC Outlook

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: SOC Outlook

Post by 4thgoal »

GoAt 10 wrote:Was Hughes out against West on Tuesday? 1-0 result seems odd for Burg?
Yes, he was dinged up from the Waverly game, but is possibly back tonight for Valley and will be back next week for sure.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

minford17 wrote:
wobycat wrote:Every time you go out to watch a soccer game at minford this always happen. Some of the minford fans act like they have no sense.
I am sure if you watched a Burg game where 2 of your players are obviously fouled and injured on plays in less than a minute with no calls from the officials, I would believe you would express your displeasure as well. So practice your superiority complex somewhere else.
See what I mean.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

wobycat wrote:
minford17 wrote:
wobycat wrote:Every time you go out to watch a soccer game at minford this always happen. Some of the minford fans act like they have no sense.
I am sure if you watched a Burg game where 2 of your players are obviously fouled and injured on plays in less than a minute with no calls from the officials, I would believe you would express your displeasure as well. So practice your superiority complex somewhere else.
See what I mean.
See what I mean. Trying to look down your nose at us Minford fans aren't we.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

minford17 wrote:
wobycat wrote:
minford17 wrote:
See what I mean.
See what I mean. Trying to look down your nose at us Minford fans aren't we.
I state an opinion, in which you do not deny, and your response is that I'm one of those snobby burg people. Sounds to me you are more concerned about the people of burg instead of acknowledging that some of your fan base act cooky", which they do. Again in context of the original post I said SOME fans ACT, but your reply suggest that the entire community of wheelerburg are arrogant.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

The Minford fan that was tossed must have been the ref singling out someone he knew, because the fan was primarily quiet throughout. The only things he yelled was encouragement to the players. How the ref can single him out from across the field is beyond me.

Nobody in the crowd said anything derogatory to the official. They disagreed with 2 obvious no calls in which 2 players were injured. As I stated above, any fan in that situation would do the same.

You had to use a stereotype to criticize our fans and try not to generalize your comment by inserting the word "some", You still made a comment that was an obvious put down towards Minford fans, and I called you on it. In addition, you tried to say my comment was towards all of the Wheelersburg community. No, my comment was meant for you and you only. I am friends with many in the Wheelersburg community, and wouldn't generalize a statement like that to the whole community.

I feel your your comment was basically an attempt to paint Minford in a negative light. That game was the first game all season we have had a major disagreement with the officiating, and the officiating that night deserved it. The officials this season has done a very good job. A lot of the new, younger officials have helped better the officiating in the area. Romanello is another very good official, and hope he is one of the officials in all our games.

I am as honest as it gets, and will apologize for my jab towards you. However, you shouldn't make comments like you made to begin with.

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

GoAt 10 wrote:Minford 2 Waverly 1

After one official tried to clear the stands before resuming play because a fan yelled something, Minford scored 2 goals in the final 8 minutes to win. One Minford fan was ejected but the ref wasn't able to clear the stands.

Anyone ever seen this before?
I don't know how the refs could hear what the fans are saying at either stadium

SOCPirates
Waterboy

Post by SOCPirates »

Hughes will be back in action this week against Minford and Webster, and after the first two defeats I'm sure him and The Pirates are ready to step up this second half of the season, thoughts?

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

SOCPirates wrote:Hughes will be back in action this week against Minford and Webster, and after the first two defeats I'm sure him and The Pirates are ready to step up this second half of the season, thoughts?
They will need Hughes if they hope to compete, and need him to play well!

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Not sure how wet the field will be with the rain we have got. If it's a sloppy and a scrappy game I think burg has advantage. If it's not to bad and Minford can spread out and pass around burg for the second time this year, Minford wins and clinches the Gold Ball.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I know when I drove through on Tuesday, the sprinklers were running full blast, so I would imagine with this rain the field will be pretty sloppy

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

West had a really good chance at beating Waverly today. They held a 1-0 lead for the majority of the first half, then conceded a goal because of a miscommunication on a goal kick. Their team is really starting to click, and with the classes coming up, there's a good chance the SOC II will be a five team race in two or three years.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Burg @ Minford is scheduled for Monday 10/10 at 7pm due to sectional tournament starting on the 15th for DIII boys.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

GoAt 10 wrote:Burg @ Minford is scheduled for Monday 10/10 at 7pm due to sectional tournament starting on the 15th for DIII boys.
The tournament doesn't start until the 17th, but its probably better to get the game done sooner than later.

Return to “Soccer”