Boys Southeast District Soccer schedules/scores/etc.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Boys Southeast District Soccer schedules/scores/etc.

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan Boys receive the #23 seed in the central district out of 46 teams. Yeah, make sense of that, btw they are ranked #10 in the D1 state poll!

They will play the winner of Groveport or Mount Vernon. And also, they got the shaft, if Mount Vernon wins, which they probably will beat Groveport, Logan travels there. Mount Vernon is 13-1-1.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:Logan Boys receive the #23 seed in the central district out of 46 teams. Yeah, make sense of that, btw they are ranked #10 in the D1 state poll!

They will play the winner of Groveport or Mount Vernon. And also, they got the shaft, if Mount Vernon wins, which they probably will beat Groveport, Logan travels there. Mount Vernon is 13-1-1.
Completely understand the frustration, but SE teams don't get any respect in the central district. And honestly, we haven't earned it.
But Logan is 13-1-0 and has an opponent record of 58-100.. which is not good. Logan boys just have to use it as motivation and try to go win a few games. Earn the respect.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Same thing happened to Chillicothe a couple of years back. I think they went 16-0-0 and were somewhere along the #20 seed in the Central District.

We (as a district) have to make some major moves to earn respect from the Central District and until we start to win some of these games, it isn't going to happen.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I think Logan had something like 5 or 6 wins against Central district teams this year.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Chieftain2009 wrote:I think Logan had something like 5 or 6 wins against Central district teams this year.
But how many wins do those teams have? Logan's schedule strength is not very good and it did and, frankly should, pay a price for it at seeding. If you want to prove them wrong, win some tournament games and you'll earn respect for next year's draw.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

bman wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:I think Logan had something like 5 or 6 wins against Central district teams this year.
But how many wins do those teams have? Logan's schedule strength is not very good and it did and, frankly should, pay a price for it at seeding. If you want to prove them wrong, win some tournament games and you'll earn respect for next year's draw.

Completely agree with this. They beat central crossing who's not good, Newark is not good and lancaster is not good.

Also that Chillicothe team, didn't they get beat badly by a bad team?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

But those wins came against the #28, #29, #30, #40, #42, and #45 seeds in the District, who combined for a 14-61-10 record.

I'm sure Logan is really good this season, just it's hard to win over that room.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Right, I agree with you guys, strength of schedule has a lot to do with it. They need to prove they are a good team, and the first really really good team they've had in over 20 years.

And yes for a team like Logan, it is very hard to win over the room in the central district.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Hey all of us here would root for anyone to help the SE get some respect.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It's gotta start somewhere, so why not with the Chieftains this year?

Even though I always had to play at Mingo Park, I always enjoyed our games with the Chieftains. They were never great, but always competed very hard and played the right way. I always hope they succeed.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

GoAt 10 wrote:I couldn't agree more with Northwest coach for coach of the year but if Minford goes 8-0 that certainly gives Gampp at Minford an argument for the award.
I don't always agree with it, but you are right. If Minford is 8-0 in the SOC, the coach of the year award goes to Gampp. When has a coach of a team that did not win the SOC ever won COY?

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

danicalifornia wrote:It's gotta start somewhere, so why not with the Chieftains this year?

Even though I always had to play at Mingo Park, I always enjoyed our games with the Chieftains. They were never great, but always competed very hard and played the right way. I always hope they succeed.
Loved Mingo as a kid after they build the big wooden park, but playing and coaching there, I did not enjoy much.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The game Logan had scheduled against Franklin Heights for Saturday has been postponed to this coming Saturday. As the Chieftains were prepared to play, Franklin Heights Administration call LHS Admin at 4:30 (game time was 5:30) and told them they wouldn't be showing up for a lack of players.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:The game Logan had scheduled against Franklin Heights for Saturday has been postponed to this coming Saturday. As the Chieftains were prepared to play, Franklin Heights Administration call LHS Admin at 4:30 (game time was 5:30) and told them they wouldn't be showing up for a lack of players.
This doesn't surprise me. When I was coaching at fu, we played a home and home with FH and when it was our time to go up there, we showed up and nobody was around. So we waited and then found out that they'd not told us they had double scheduled and had already played earlier in the day.

captain tuttle
Riding the Bench

Post by captain tuttle »

South Webster - 7
Clay- 0
Final

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

4thgoal wrote:
GoAt 10 wrote:I couldn't agree more with Northwest coach for coach of the year but if Minford goes 8-0 that certainly gives Gampp at Minford an argument for the award.
I don't always agree with it, but you are right. If Minford is 8-0 in the SOC, the coach of the year award goes to Gampp. When has a coach of a team that did not win the SOC ever won COY?
If Gampp gets COY award it is well deserved. He does a great job with those young men. But, COY should not be dependent on winning conference. It should be based on what was done throughout season with what you have. Keeney lost 8 starters off last years squad and has had an overachieving season this year. Not saying one or the other should get it, both are very deserving and both should have considerable consideration.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Minford 1 Wheelersburg 0 (Congrats Minford SOC II Champs)

Lynchburg Clay 5 West Union 0

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Ironton St.Joseph 5 New Boston 0

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Unioto 8 Adena 1
Warren 1 Rosecrans 0
Southeastern 4 Washington Court House 1

Return to “Soccer”