Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

danicalifornia
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 6088
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:09 pm

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by danicalifornia » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:30 pm

Unioto 1
Amanda Clearcreek 0



Falcon01
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:06 am
Contact:

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by Falcon01 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:39 pm

Clinton massie 3
Hillsboro 2

old_horse
Freshman Starter
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:06 am

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by old_horse » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:21 am

Lynchburg Clay 2 Wilmington 0

4thgoal
JV Starter
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:52 am
Location: Wheelersburg

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by 4thgoal » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:40 pm

Wheelersburg 8
South Point 1
Wheelersburg improves to 11-0-1

Southeastern 4
Minford 3

bball30
Bench
Posts: 64
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:15 am

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by bball30 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:43 pm

Jackson 2
Alexander 1

a_c_m
All State
Posts: 3598
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:25 pm

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by a_c_m » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:46 pm

Clinton Massie 4 Miami Trace 0
Zanesville 2 Marietta 0
McClain 9 Washington Court House 1
Westfall 2 Zane Trace 2
Chillicothe 3 Hillsboro 2

a_c_m
All State
Posts: 3598
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:25 pm

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by a_c_m » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:21 am

Waverly 1 Northwest 0

Athens 2 Logan 1

old_horse
Freshman Starter
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:06 am

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by old_horse » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:12 pm

Lynchburg Clay 4 Eastern Brown 2 Anyone overlooking Eastern Brown in the tournament will regret it. They are healthy and much improved.

a_c_m
All State
Posts: 3598
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:25 pm

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by a_c_m » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:47 am

Circlevile 5 Teays Valley 2
Fairfield Union 8 Liberty Union 0
North Adams 5 Fayetteville 0
Westfall 3 Piketon 0

4thgoal
JV Starter
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:52 am
Location: Wheelersburg

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by 4thgoal » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:50 am

old_horse wrote:Lynchburg Clay 4 Eastern Brown 2 Anyone overlooking Eastern Brown in the tournament will regret it. They are healthy and much improved.
I don't know as much about the teams in the West sectional, but would Eastern Brown be the 3 seed over there? Just guessing, behind Lynchburg and North Adams?

old_horse
Freshman Starter
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:06 am

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by old_horse » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:17 pm

4thgoal wrote:
old_horse wrote:Lynchburg Clay 4 Eastern Brown 2 Anyone overlooking Eastern Brown in the tournament will regret it. They are healthy and much improved.
I don't know as much about the teams in the West sectional, but would Eastern Brown be the 3 seed over there? Just guessing, behind Lynchburg and North Adams?
They certainly should be.

Falcon01
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:06 am
Contact:

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by Falcon01 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:35 pm

Easterns record isn't good but didn't they beat NA?

4thgoal
JV Starter
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:52 am
Location: Wheelersburg

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by 4thgoal » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Falcon01 wrote:Easterns record isn't good but didn't they beat NA?
NA beat them 2-0, but that was August 24...about the same time as Lynchburg beat them 12-1. If they are now healthy and played LC to a 4-2 game, they must be a lot better now at full strength. I saw EB play Minford and I was not impressed, but that was back in August as well.

This discussion just goes to show that teams shouldn't be seeded only by their records. Injuries, strength of schedule, and what they have done recently make a big difference. A team that is 6-10 could be better than an 10-6 team and deserve a higher seed. You have to look at the whole picture and have a little knowledge of who they played to make a good assessment.

Falcon01
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:06 am
Contact:

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by Falcon01 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:00 pm

4thgoal wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:Easterns record isn't good but didn't they beat NA?
NA beat them 2-0, but that was August 24...about the same time as Lynchburg beat them 12-1. If they are now healthy and played LC to a 4-2 game, they must be a lot better now at full strength. I saw EB play Minford and I was not impressed, but that was back in August as well.

This discussion just goes to show that teams shouldn't be seeded only by their records. Injuries, strength of schedule, and what they have done recently make a big difference. A team that is 6-10 could be better than an 10-6 team and deserve a higher seed. You have to look at the whole picture and have a little knowledge of who they played to make a good assessment.

Thanks. I knew I had seen that score but actually thought EB had won. So thanks for the correction.

danicalifornia
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 6088
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:09 pm

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by danicalifornia » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:24 pm

Unioto 1
Logan 0

They've allowed just 1 goal in their past 7 games, all wins, to move to 7-1-4.

4thgoal
JV Starter
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:52 am
Location: Wheelersburg

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by 4thgoal » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:06 pm

Wheelersburg 5
Northwest 0
Lady Pirates move to 12-0-1 and win their 2nd straight SOC title

a_c_m
All State
Posts: 3598
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:25 pm

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by a_c_m » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:11 pm

Hillsboro 4 McClain 1
Southeastern 6 West 1
Logan Elm 4 Waverly 0
Miami Trace 8 Washington Court House 0

a_c_m
All State
Posts: 3598
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:25 pm

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by a_c_m » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:12 pm

4thgoal wrote:Wheelersburg 5
Northwest 0
Lady Pirates move to 12-0-1 and win their 2nd straight SOC title
Congratulations Lady Pirates!

a_c_m
All State
Posts: 3598
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:25 pm

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by a_c_m » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:40 am

Chesapeake 1 Fairland 0

old_horse
Freshman Starter
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:06 am

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by old_horse » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:18 pm

Peebles 0 Lynchburg Clay 6

we21
Bench
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by we21 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:28 pm

North Adams 1 - Wheelersburg 1

a_c_m
All State
Posts: 3598
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:25 pm

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by a_c_m » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:10 pm

Cin. Summitt Country Day 3 Lynchburg Clay 1

danicalifornia
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 6088
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:09 pm

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by danicalifornia » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:25 pm

a_c_m wrote:Cin. Summitt Country Day 3 Lynchburg Clay 1
Kudos for going out and challenging their team in a game like that. Will only make LC better.

Falcon01
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:06 am
Contact:

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by Falcon01 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:31 pm

danicalifornia wrote:
a_c_m wrote:Cin. Summitt Country Day 3 Lynchburg Clay 1
Kudos for going out and challenging their team in a game like that. Will only make LC better.
Agree 100%

old_horse
Freshman Starter
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:06 am

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by old_horse » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:29 pm

I agree with both of you about the scheduling of good teams, maybe not as the 4th game in a 6 day stretch. lol

Falcon01
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:06 am
Contact:

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by Falcon01 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:03 pm

Fairfield union up 1-0 at half with cville. Win would give fu a share of msl title.

Falcon01
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:06 am
Contact:

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by Falcon01 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:03 pm

Fu and cville tie at 1. Not a result I was expecting. At all

Soccerfan1
Freshman Backup
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:27 pm

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by Soccerfan1 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:14 pm

Today at Bishop Rosecrans, Lady Bishops had a 8-1 loss to Zane Trace girls....
Senior night for Four players on the undefeated Lady Bishops Team.
(14-0-1)....
Play Warren on Monday, trying to complete an undefeated regular season!!

Falcon01
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:06 am
Contact:

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by Falcon01 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:35 am

Soccerfan1 wrote:Today at Bishop Rosecrans, Lady Bishops had a 8-1 loss to Zane Trace girls....
Senior night for Four players on the undefeated Lady Bishops Team.
(14-0-1)....
Play Warren on Monday, trying to complete an undefeated regular season!!
Ummm I think you typed that wrong. I was in disbelief then realized you just said it wrong.

a_c_m
All State
Posts: 3598
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:25 pm

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by a_c_m » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:37 am

Boyd County, Ky. 2 Chesapeake 0

Falcon01
Varsity Starter
Posts: 1123
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:06 am
Contact:

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by Falcon01 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:44 pm

D2 east seeds
1-Fairfield Union
2-Jackson
3-Marietta
4-athens
5-Logan Elm
6-Warren
7-Waverly

Soccerfan1
Freshman Backup
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:27 pm

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by Soccerfan1 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:10 pm

Falcon01 wrote:
Soccerfan1 wrote:Today at Bishop Rosecrans, Lady Bishops had a 8-1 loss to Zane Trace girls....
Senior night for Four players on the undefeated Lady Bishops Team.
(14-0-1)....
Play Warren on Monday, trying to complete an undefeated regular season!!
Ummm I think you typed that wrong. I was in disbelief then realized you just said it wrong.

Sorry, gave an 8-1 loss to Zane Trace


AthensSoccerFan
Waterboy
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:28 am

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by AthensSoccerFan » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:28 pm

So Athens and Fairfield Union in the same sectional bracket for 3 years in a row? Well ok then.

Chieftain2009
Mr. Ohio
Posts: 5818
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:34 pm
Location: At a Track or XC Meet Somewhere

Re: Girls Southeast District Soccer Schedules/scores/etc.

Post by Chieftain2009 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:01 pm

Logan girls play at Newark Oct. 18th in an opening round game.
2015 Playoff Football Pick 'em Champion

Post Reply