SOC scores / standings

Keegan
Freshman Team

Re: SOC scores / standings

Post by Keegan »

Teams still alive in the tourneys:
South Webster

Eliminated:
West (Wheelersburg in sectional semis), Clay (New Boston in sectional semis), Eastern (Valley in sectional semis), Northwest (North Adams in sectional semis), Waverly (Chillicothe in sectional semis), New Boston (Wheelersburg sectional finals), Valley (Minford in sectional finals), Wheelersburg (South Webster in District semis),
Minford (South Webster is district finals)

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

Northwest Mohawks lead by Ryan Copp Jeremy Rockwell Josh Demmer and Coach Scott Jenkins .Led the Mohawks to the regional semi finals in the fall of 1993 i Believe they were defeated by Dayton Bellbrooke 5-2 . The Mohawks Defeated Unioto in the sectional finals then went on to beat Albany Alexiander in the the District semi - finals and finaly The Burg in the district Championship in a shoot out .They also won the SOC that year and to this day the only Boy's SOC title in school history for a fall boy's sport . They finshed 15-3-1 i think?
SOC Champs
Sec. Champs
Distict Champs
Reg. Semi -Finals :12224 :12224

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

When will the individual awards be anounced? soc and district or have they already and I have not heard?

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Funny, I just logged on here to ask the same question. When will the individual soc awards be announced. Is there an "all star" game that follows. I see where the volleyball all star game is next monday, but no mention of soccer.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

The district all star game is Sunday at Rio Grande College. For some reason it is always a secret until local teams are all eliminated. The SOC all star game is Saturday I believe at Lucasville. The coaches know, I hope they get around to telling their players. If Webster and Marietta gets beat tonight maybe we'll know by tomorrow.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Thanks soccer fix, I just heard from tonights awards banquet at Clay that they have 2 players who made first team all district (Jon Valentine and A J Keaton) and one player who made second team all district (Jared Ruby) and two honorable mentions to all district (Taylor Carter and Eli Kelly). Congratulations to all the Clay players for their achievements.
Last edited by my2cents on Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Clay did not have anyone in the District All-star game because they don't have any seniors. I don't know anything about the SOC team as it has not been released.

The SOC senior game is at 2 pm on Saturday at Valley. Basically most if not all seniors are eligible--ask your coach.

The District senior all-star game is on Sunday at Rio Grande. The girls game is at 1 pm and the boys are at 3 pm. I have the rosters for the games if anyone needs to know. Clay does not have anyone as I previously stated since only seniors are eligible.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Thanks DR, I knew the two boys who got first team all district were not eligible to play since they were juniors. Hopefully they will win some honors in the SOC arena even though they are not available to play in the all star game.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Now I have seen the list and while I am not publishing it, I will assure everyone that Clay has all the usual representation on the honors list. BUT they will not have any ALL-STAR GAME members because only seniors are eligible to play. If a underclassman plays, they forfeit eligiblity in that sport for one year.

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

Just read the SOC teams in the Daily Times. Don't have time to put all names down.

SOC I POY Braden Ruth
" " I COY Coach Claxon

SOC II POY Jacob Hackworth
" " II COY Coach Havens

Says the SOC all-star game is set for November 7th, @ 2:00 at Valley.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

All very deserving winners! Congrats!

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Is there any awards banquet for the underclassmen who were picked. They got a plaque for all district but are asking if they need to go to the game Saturday.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

First of all the district all star game is Sunday. You have to be a senior to play. The SOC game is Saturday at Lucasville. Once again you have to be a senior to play. Unless there is something new this year there is no ceremony for the awards. It would be nice to have a banquet to honor the kids even if they would have to pay themselves.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I guess I ran my questions together. The kids got a plaque and or a certificate for District awards, but nothing for the SOC picks. Is that an individual school thing or is there something they need to attend at the SOC all star game. I hope they can go out and at least watch, but I know a lot of the schools have basketball practice tomorrow and SW will not be able to attend as they have a game.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Actually they DO/DID give out all the awards on Saturday at the all-star game and anyone who got one should have gone. They have done this for about 10 years. But if the player was not there, the plaques will be sent to the schools and eventually the athlete will get them. This year we had the SOC head in Dave Frantz there to pass out the awards to those players in attendance.

File it away for the future: All-SOC honored players SHOULD go to the SOC all-star game and get their plaques! If they can't make, the coach is suppose to be there and pick up the award. If no one comes, eventually they will make it to the schools to be passed out.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Last year's SOC all star game was postponed so this was my first game. Franz and company had a nice ceremony. It is a shame that on such a nlce day all the participants couldn't be there. The kids really had fun.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

cave canem wrote:2cents,

I know that 'Burg, Valley, Minford and Webster have all been to the regional tournament. I'm not sure about any others. Please add them if I've excluded any.

Valley has been the only team from the SOC to advance to the state tournament. That was in 1998. They defeated a very talented Wheelersburg team in the regional semifinals to advance to the regional finals. My memory is fuzzy but I believe they may have defeated Berlin Hiland in the regional finals (again, please correct me if that's wrong.) They were defeated in the state semi-finals.

Valley defeated Berlin Highland, and lost in the semi-finals to Canal Fulton Northwest

Return to “Soccer”