Freshman Team

Re: SOC scores / standings

Post by Keegan »

Minford 4 Northwest 1...... From what I've heard

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Clay and Eastern were on my schedule for a game on Saturday. Does anyone have a score?

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Eastern postponed the game again. I heard they postponed a game on thursday because of the Oktober Beaverfest. So that may be why they didn't play Sat as well, but I don't know what that has to do with the soccer field.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Thanks, they were playing at Clay but maybe the kids wanted to go to the festivities.

Coach Conkel told me that they have not rescheduled the game yet. Of course they will have to do that sometimes.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

Key match-ups this week that will have a direct correlation to the finale of the SOC II race:

Tuesday: Waverly at Minford / South Webster at Wheelersburg

Thursday: Wheelersburg at Minford

NB DAD
Waterboy

Post by NB DAD »

NEW BOSTON DEFEATED EASTERN 4-1 LAST NIGHT ON PARENTS NIGHT. SCORING FOR THE TIGERS WAS FABI, DELOTELL, HORSLEY AND RUSSELL.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Clay 9 West 1

West scored first on a nice break away goal. Freshman Tommy Martin subbed in for Clay and quickly scored his first two goals of his varsity career to give Clay a 2 - 1 lead. Clay's Jon Valentine scored before the half off a Tommy Martin assist to make it 3-1 at halftime. Valentine got a hat trick 2 goals early in the second half. Clay scored 3 in the first and 6 in the second half. 2 players scored their first career goals tonight for Clay. Martin with his 2 and Josh O'conner with his first goal. Eli Kelly,Cody Delottel, and Felipe Baraso got one goal each.
West played hard the entire game and unfortunatley had a player go down with an ankle injury. Hopefully he will be okay before tournament play as he was a quick player with nice foot skills. He got tangled up by a slide tackle, that while it was whistled as late, was not a foul, just unfortuanate that it happened. West had some nice play by their subsitute female goalie who came out and made some nice saves.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Waverly's bad luck continues as they get beat by Minford 2-1, by a own goal with 16 seconds to go. Waverly totally dominated the last half out shooting the falcons 10-2. Just not their year. Maybe come tournament time the ball will bounce their way.

chickensoupknowledge
Waterboy

Post by chickensoupknowledge »

Webster 3 Burg 2 Final

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

South Webster Jeeps 3, Wheelersburg Pirates 2

Goals By Half ....................1........ 2........ Final
South Webster Jeeps............ 0 ........3....... 3
Wheelersburg Pirates ........... 0 ........2 .......2

Scoring summary
Half Time Team Goal Scorer Assist
2 43:12 Wb #14 Brooks, Kyle (direct kick top of box)
2 47:41 SW #21 Malone, Brandon #20 Wright, Josh
2 56:24 SW #5 Scott, Connor
2 61:50 SW #2 Ruth, Braden #10 Patterson, Brice
2 78:18 Wb #3 Lewis, Dillan

These are not the official stats (just what our book had)

Shots: SW 16, Wb 14. Saves: #23 Loop, Wes (SW) 6; #35 White, Brad (Wb) 7. Corner kicks: SW 4, Wb 3. Fouls: SW 5, Wb 13. Offsides: SW 5, Wb 1.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

Congrats to Minford for capturing at least a share of their 2nd consecutive SOC II championship

the cynical optimist
Waterboy

Post by the cynical optimist »

Congrats to Minford for winning the SOC II championship.

Didn't they clinch the outright championship last night?
They only have one SOC game left (Burg) and a two game lead.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly has outshot their opponents by insane margins for years but if you can't put them in the back of the net it's useless. Why is it the Tigers outshoot opponents like that but can't score? They're losing 1-0, 2-1 while getting way more shots on goal. You HAVE to take advantage of those shots and put them in the net.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

I have seen Lucasville Valley do the same thing. Outshoot oppents 5 to 1 or more and lose by a goal. Do they shoot from too far out? Two common mistakes I see is shooting right at the goalie, using him as a target, and shooting too far out trying to hit a corner. I see many kids have a wide open space between them and the goal and instead of taking the ball in closer, take the shot to soon.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

the cynical optimist, according to the score I have they have more than one game left. Do I think they will lose both of them? No I don't. I believe that they have the SOC wrapped up now, but as long as they win or tie against Burg on Thursday they will have it won outright.

the cynical optimist
Waterboy

Post by the cynical optimist »

Keegan,
I was looking at their schedule on the coaches website and saw Burg was their last game. I did not notice that there wasn't a score for the Eastern game. Was that game postponed? If Minford has played and defeated Eastern then they have clinched the outright. If they haven't played and defeated then they've clinched a share. Is that correct? Thanks.

smack_talk1
Waterboy

Post by smack_talk1 »

l
Last edited by smack_talk1 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

smack_talk1 wrote:I believe that south webster is by far the most dominate team in either SOC's and their record clearly shows this.

A very imprissive win over the burg. Hopefully this will shut some people up about criticizing them on their lack of competition, and who was predicted to in this game?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It appears that you are new to the site! I have not seen or heard anyone criticize the Jeeps for their lack of competition. It sounds like you are the one talking smack and rubbing it in other teams faces. I hope it doesn't come back to bite you!

I would like to say Congratulations to the Jeeps on another championship. Good Luck in the tournament!

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

the cynical optimist, after looking at their schedule and doing some research i found that game that I was missing.

Minford has clinched the outright SOC II Championships.

Congrats to both teams on their repeat wins this year

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congratulations to the Minford Falcons on winning your SOC II Champsionship! Good Luck in the tournament!

Return to “Soccer”