District Final: South Webster vs. Minford

bulkmove
Freshman Team

District Final: South Webster vs. Minford

Post by bulkmove »

Each team with one lose on the year I believe. Who wins this one? Congrats to both teams on a great season to this point.

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Re: District Final: South Webster vs. Minford

Post by xb1srw2 »

lots of wind vs lots of wins
should be a match worth twice the admission
I'll go with Webster with a slight edge.
did i hear on this board that one of webster's center middies is injured though?

Cagesoccer
Waterboy

Post by Cagesoccer »

yea this is going to be a good game even though the obvious winner is minford they have aquired three players with on of them not as good and will probably sit the bench yet the other two will be some extra competition this as said b4 will deffinatly be worth double admission and even if the weather is bad

lovevball8
Freshman Team

Post by lovevball8 »

Can someone please translate Cagesoccers post...

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

My guess is that he is talking about the three ineligible players (because of grades) regaining their eligibility because the grading period has now ended and new grades are out. I must say that after seeing that post I am going to guess that he is one of those players. :122246

xb1srw2
Freshman Team

Post by xb1srw2 »

B1OHIO wrote:My guess is that he is talking about the three ineligible players (because of grades) regaining their eligibility because the grading period has now ended and new grades are out. I must say that after seeing that post I am going to guess that he is one of those players. :122246

I don't care who you are, that's funny

maintenanceman
Riding the Bench

Post by maintenanceman »

When is this game, Saturday?

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

7 at the VA in chilli

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Post by bulkmove »

Saturday at 7, VA. Good luck to both teams.

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

This should be a great game. Webster's lone loss was vs. Non-conference Zane Trace. Minford's loss was to Webster in the first game of the season. I think that the Minford squad has improved through the year while South Webster has just rode a steady line from the entire season.

This will be a very close game, although the first meeting between these teams was a 1-0 victory to South Webster. The game will be played at Paint Stadium which will put both teams at a slight disadvantage with the speed of the turf. Whoever adapts quicker wins this one. Look for a down-to-the-wire game that will leave both teams fans hold their breath until the final whistle. Good luck to both teams.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

webster better on set pieces. minford creates more. i think that the team that makes the most mistakes will lose. defensive lines will be tested on both sides. both have good keepers but give that edge to minford. should be a good one.

GoCats
Riding the Bench

Post by GoCats »

Good luck to Keegans old team, I guess wins is sort of a constant, so I would say Minford has more of a constant with there first game being a loss and winning every game since. Which mid is out for webster? I give minford the edge with the keeper putting in a goal this game.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

I do not pretend to know much about soccer so I must ask for someone to explain two statements on this thread that seem rather obvious but maybe I'm missing the point.

"which will put both teams at a slight disadvantage with the speed of the turf."
How can both teams be at a disadvantage? Shouldn't someone benefit or there be no affect at all?

"i think that the team that makes the most mistakes will lose."
Isn't that obvious?

Sports_Tracker
Freshman Team

Post by Sports_Tracker »

I think the discussion about disadvantage of the turf means that both teams could have difficulty playing on a turf field because the ball travels so much faster on turf and many teams have to really adjust with their touches on the ball and passes. Both teams having grass to play on all season, will have to make the right adjustments.

As far as the discussion about "which team makes the most mistakes", I hope they are referring to a game of possession. The team that turns the ball over and does not keep possession, probably will be at a bigger disadvantage to lose.

This may be obvious statements to some but true if you have 2 good teams playing for a win. One mistake could cost you the game.

The_X_Factor
JV Team

Post by The_X_Factor »

Jeeps lead 1-0 at the break. www.twitter.com/pdtsports

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

Gocats, I have come to a conclusion on your actions: You are either a stalker, a person that thinks of me as a personal savior / hero, or you could possibly think that I'm your biological father. I'm pretty sure that its not the last one so which of the other 2 selections would it be?
Last edited by Keegan on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

What is the score?

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

According to PDT's twitter page SW is up 2-1.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Update from the PDT, SW wins 3-2!!!!!!!

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

Way to go JEEPS
Guess that shows the Burg and Falcons who is the BEST in the COUNTY Beat'm both twice in the same year.

Now it's on to the Regional at Philo High School Tuesday 7:00 PM against Berlin Hiland

GOOOOOOO JEEPS

Return to “Soccer”