Former McGraw Summer League

socman
Varsity

Former McGraw Summer League

Post by socman »

I remember in the late 90s when McGraw used to have a 7v7 summer soccer league. Does anyone else remember this? I was wondering how they got around the 5 per side rule from an individual high school. Also we are talking about starting up a similar league in Waverly this summer. Possibly 7v7 with 10 per team. 5 players from 2 different schools per team. Would anyone be interested?

This would be for High School age kids. Incoming Freshman - Incoming Seniors

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Re: Former McGraw Summer League

Post by B1OHIO »

Sounds interesting, when would the games be played, practice be schedueled? Club ball, 3v3,and indoor may conflict and pose participation problems.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

This is just currently an idea. But possibly it could be played on Thursday evenings throughout the summer. No practices. Possibly 2 games a night per team.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Hey SOCMAN! I think it is a great idea and I really think we could make it work!

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

this idea was thrown around Piketon for a while...Would def like to see this league started

Keegan
Freshman Team

Post by Keegan »

I remember and actually played in that league. It was really fun to play. The goals we played were about a u-10 or u-12 goal and it was about 2/3 of a field. I think it was a good program they just couldn't get the numbers

Return to “Soccer”