Marietta leaving the SEOAL

gtowntiger78
Riding the Bench

Marietta leaving the SEOAL

Post by gtowntiger78 »

As most of you know, Marietta is leaving the SEOAL to join the ECOL. This move may start as soon as next year for girls and boys soccer. Our girls are going to miss the great games we had with Chillicothe, and beating Jackson was always high on the girls' list. We now join up with Z'ville, Coshocton, River View, New Philly, Dover and Z'ville Rosecrans. Cambridge, Claymont and Meadowbrook do not have girls soccer. I am guessing that our non-league games will still be Warren, Parkersburg High, Parkersburg South and Tri Valley. I am going to miss the SEOAL.

fanofsoccer2008
Waterboy

Re: Marietta leaving the SEOAL

Post by fanofsoccer2008 »

The SEOAL soccer schedule for both boys and girls is already complete for the 2010 season - so the soonest that Marietta would be playing an ECOL schedule in soccer is the 2011 season. I agree that on the boys side everyone is going to miss the Marietta/Chillicothe matches. Let's hope the schools can work together to play at least once a year rotating home and away, and let's also hope that Marietta keeps Warren on the schedule at least once a season!

Return to “Soccer”