New Boston Tigers

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

New Boston Tigers

Post by sports_jock_24 »

Give me your thought's on New Boston, and how well you think there going to be in 2010. Also tell me some of the players we should be watching on there team?

Keegan
Freshman Team

Re: New Boston Tigers

Post by Keegan »

First thing they need to do is get their numbers up. Its hard to have a good program when you are only getting 13 - 15 kids. They will also need to have a great conditioning program because they will not have the luxury of an abundant amount of substitutions. Overall they are trying to get away from the "boom ball" tatics that so many southern Ohio teams have used for years. Look for them to finish in the lower half of the SOC 1 until they can get the program established like they had it about 4-5 years ago.

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

yeah that is true, it is hard to have a winning team when your only getting 13-15 people. So who do you think are going to be some of there better players this year?

Tigerfan11
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan11 »

The Tigers have alot of good young players coming up this year and the injury bug bit them eairly last season in previews and the conditioning is really pretty good coach Estep don't have the numbers as other teams they play have but players to wach this year is both Morh brothers, Buckley and both of the Horsley brothers. Levi is going to play a very big role in the Tigers season this year at 6'4 there is really noone that can win the ball out of the air like he can and he can score some goals for the Tigers and Buckley is going to play a big role on the tigers team and Chase Horsley in the goal for the Tigers got injured last season but played good in goal for the Tgers in the scrimmages

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

Yeah that is true, and all of them players are very very good and will be a big part of the tigers game plan this year. Some other notables may be Nathan Miller, Josh Spears, and Daniel Rose, all of these players played a pretty good part for the tigers this past season.

Tigerfan11
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan11 »

Yea Josh Spears will also play a big role in the tigers season they got a few holes too feel but i think they got thim filled pretty good but its going to be hard to replace the foot of steven russel

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

Yes that is true, it will be hard to replace his foot. But they got the people to do it, so it will be interesting to see who steps up.

Tigerfan11
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan11 »

Horsley will step up for the tigers buckley will too and there might be some other wild card players out their for the tigers that can step up

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

Who do you think will be some of the wild card players? Im asking because i have been hearing alot about Justin Morh and Daniel Rose and how these two kids can run.

Tigerfan11
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan11 »

Justin Moore can run for a pretty good amount of time and he can pass the ball good for the tigers and may score some goals but thats not wat he does hes more of a passer and daniel rose he has some good speed and can run for along time but it was his first year playing last year and he don't have much skill because of that but it just learning the game and i think he will be good and some might be some kids coming up that are in the 8th grade right now

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

yeah, there might be some coming up. There going to need it if there going to want to have an ok bench. If they don't get any 8th graders or something they might only have enough people to put out on the field. I didn't know that it was Daniel Rose first year last year. I thought i heard somewhere that he played before. I must have heard wrong though. So Tigerfan did you get to see him play much last year? The only reason i ask about him is because i did hear that he can run really good. What grade is he going to be in this upcoming year?

Tigerfan11
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan11 »

Yea i got to see him play alot last year he can play some good defence he ant a player that can score for the tigres and there is going to be alot of 8th graders from wat i hear coming up and daniell wil be a senior this year and i think their is only going too be three seniors Horsley, Spears, Rose

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

Well thats good for the tigers next year only going to be losing 3 seniors at the end of this upcoming season. Means they might have good numbers for the following year. So who do you think will be the best offense of player for the tigers and the best defense of player for them?

Tigerfan11
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan11 »

Offense its hard too name just one because you got Buckley, Horsley. or Morh but i think Horsley will and the best deffense of player will be goalie Chase Horsley he got hurt eairly last season but i look forward too see him coming out for his senior season and maybe one of the best goalies in the SOC1

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

Yeah, thats for sure. He looked really good in all the scrimmages then got hurt. So i think he can come out and be one of the best goalies around and help the Tigers to have a pretty strong year.

Tigerfan11
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan11 »

yea he will hes going to work to be the best keeper in the area

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

Yeah i think he will to. I would like to see some of the people that don't get recognized that much step up and have pretty good years, people like Spears, Miller, and Rose. Who do you think will have the better year out of them 3? Also if one of them 3 step up and have a pretty good year along with Horsley brothers, Buckley, and Morh brothers, the Tigers could be really good.

Tigerfan11
Waterboy

Post by Tigerfan11 »

ye out of them 3 spears would be my pick he has alot of good footwork and skill he could score if he would take him some shot he needs too work on stayin in shape

sports_jock_24
Waterboy

Post by sports_jock_24 »

Yeah i would have to agree with that

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

numbers are a problem at new boston, as it is becoming at almost all schools. they played well this past season but could not compete for full 40 minutes due to lack of subs. best of luck in 2K10.

Return to “Soccer”