Key Players in SOC II

soccerdude
Waterboy

Key Players in SOC II

Post by soccerdude »

I know there's a topic about SOC I Players, so I wanted to hear what's to be said about the impact players from teams like Waverly, Wheelersburg, Minford and others.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Re: Key Players in SOC II

Post by BIG POPPA »

Dillan Lewis from wheelersburg is arguably the best around over 30 goals and around 20 assists last season! Led wheelersburgs comeback at waverly where he scored 3 goals in around 12-15 minutes and assisted on the final goal for them.

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

Just think of the number the lewis kid could of had if he would have stayed at webster. Grass isnt always greener.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

If you count a kids happiness then it is always greener! Its not always about sports maybe he thought he would have more opportunity at Wheelersburg. As far as sports though, he also enjoys kicking for the football team! Last soccer season he put up better numbers than anyone in either SOC so who knows... He is where he is and is happy so that's what matters
Last edited by BIG POPPA on Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

Anyway back on subject waverly has some good players wheelersburg has several in Hughes, Jarvis, Lewis to name a few

GoCats
Riding the Bench

Post by GoCats »

Wow how many years did the lewis boy play at webster?? We are probably talking about breaking some state records if he was with that group.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

Gocats wrote:Wow how many years did the lewis boy play at webster?? We are probably talking about breaking some state records if he was with that group.
He played one year at webster. I am sure hes happy with the choice he made! He just finished up his first season with the West Virginia Chaos a semi-pro team out of Charleston, and has had a great start to this season. Besides how would his numbers be better with the players they have had? Didnt the Ruth kid have 30 goals last year? Not sure two kids on the same team could reach 30 and the scott kid had over 20 so that would be over 80 goals between 3 kids not so sure it would happen without taking goals from the others!

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Back to the topic,
Waverly is very deep this year with skill players littering their lineup. Brady Collins might be the best of the bunch from his defensive midfield role. Kennedy Roseberry and Chris Wiget are both very special in the offensive third as well. Harrison Martin, Davis Remy and Josh Nalian are 3 other senior players that play huge roles and can play almost anywhere.

murmur
Riding the Bench

Post by murmur »

In years past, Drew Saunders was a "true team player"! I have not had the chance to watch Waverly this year.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

murmur wrote:In years past, Drew Saunders was a "true team player"! I have not had the chance to watch Waverly this year.
If you get a chance to watch them you should they are fast really fast and can take a lot of shots in a hurry! Their rematch with burg is scheduled for sept. 16 at burg should be a good game they played to a 4-4 draw last time! And you will get to see SOME of the best talent the SOC has to offer imho!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

jeepmadness wrote:Just think of the number the lewis kid could of had if he would have stayed at webster. Grass isnt always greener.

Probably less since he would have a lot of better players surrounding him and wouldn't have been relied on to score as much as what Burg needed him to. Not saying Burg doesn't have any other good players, just that Webster has a lot of talented players that can score.

GoCats
Riding the Bench

Post by GoCats »

Wow I wouldn't have said any of that stuff I think lewis could score right up there with those guys you have mentioned. If the team he is on is as bad as you guys are making them out to be, I would just think his numbers would go up because of many more chances at the goal, better assists and such Im just sayin.

murmur
Riding the Bench

Post by murmur »

Taylor Huff from Minford

B1OHIO
Riding the Bench

Post by B1OHIO »

I'm on board with that!!! In the past he didn't have any accuracy with his shots to go along with his speed, now he seems to have it all!!!!!!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

huff playing well. speed is good. shots are better. playing for a good coach who gets the most out of her players. he is just one example of this.

InCODneedough
Waterboy

Key Players in SOC II

Post by InCODneedough »

What about the blonde boy from Minford? #10?

Return to “Soccer”