wheelersburg at waverly

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Re: wheelersburg at waverly

Post by rockyraccoon »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
rockyraccoon wrote:BG77, I noticed of all the SOC champs, the class of 77 only won baseball. Why is that????

Actually, they won the football title in 76, graduating class of 77. The class of 77 only lost one football game the entire time they were in high school and that was to Portsmouth in the 75 season, class of 76.

They also won basketball (77) and golf (76, graduating class of 77).

Plus you have to remember there weren't as many boys or girls sports back then. No soccer, softball, swimming, or tennis. I'm not even sure if there was girls basketball then.
I remember several girls from that era that could take it hard to the hole, but I don't remember if they played basketball.

The Bathtub Legend
Waterboy

Re: wheelersburg at waverly

Post by The Bathtub Legend »

rockyraccoon wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
rockyraccoon wrote:BG77, I noticed of all the SOC champs, the class of 77 only won baseball. Why is that????

Actually, they won the football title in 76, graduating class of 77. The class of 77 only lost one football game the entire time they were in high school and that was to Portsmouth in the 75 season, class of 76.

They also won basketball (77) and golf (76, graduating class of 77).

Plus you have to remember there weren't as many boys or girls sports back then. No soccer, softball, swimming, or tennis. I'm not even sure if there was girls basketball then.
I remember several girls from that era that could take it hard to the hole, but I don't remember if they played basketball.
Hahahahahahaha Wow! Thank you rockyraccoon! Exactly what I needed this morning! Hahahahahahahah

Return to “Soccer”