Minford vs. Valley

Cagesoccer
Waterboy

Minford vs. Valley

Post by Cagesoccer »

Any Thoughts on the turn out of this game?

Cagesoccer
Waterboy

Re: Minford vs. Valley

Post by Cagesoccer »

valley beat minford in previews but minford has come a long way since and i think valley will get a run for their money. Valley has a good goalie but the shots that munion and huff have can be unstoppable.

Waterboy

Post by 817 »

I'd go with Minford winning this game. They have been doing well. They almost tied south webster and were up on waverly. They beat burg the other night. Valley has a good forward up top that is fast, but Minford keeps their defense back. I don't think his speed alone will beat a defense like that. Valley's keeper is good, but if minford gets enough shots, a few of them are bound to hit the back of the net.

Who else does valley have on offense other than the Winters boy?

Does minford ever push their defense up out of the 18yd box? I understand they like to stay back, but they give up a lot of possession by not pushing forward and keeping the ball on the other side of the field.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

If Minford keeps their defense pulled back the Winters boys will score on them. He is quick with the ball and has a good shot. I think Minford should take this one but Valley will give them a good game.

The Bathtub Legend
Waterboy

Post by The Bathtub Legend »

Minford 5 Valley 0

Waterboy

Post by 817 »

Minford kept the defense back on burg and limited them to two goals. Burg has 2 of the best players up front (Lewis & Jarvis). It worked pretty well against them i guess. I don't know that one player will crack that defense. Minfords keeper does a good job too.

I'm not trying to knock minfords defense, but I don't think they push up enough when their offense has the ball. A good defense stays back and defends well. A great defense will get back and defends well but also push up when their team has the ball.

Cagesoccer
Waterboy

Post by Cagesoccer »

Minfords defense is good and has held up against some tough teams. But Minford will have a disadvantage at this Minford vs. Valley matchup because some of the defenders are down n out. So well see how the coach will fill their spots and see how their defence will hold up against that oen fast kid.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

what was the final?

Cagesoccer
Waterboy

Post by Cagesoccer »

2-1 minfod won

InCODneedough
Waterboy

Post by InCODneedough »

Final score: Minford 2, Valley 1. Chaffin Munion and Nick Blackburn scored Minford's goals and Joseph Winters scored Valley's goal.

Return to “Soccer”