Waterboy

clay@valley

Post by post101 »

should this game be good or not?

rxburgfan
All State

Re: clay@valley

Post by rxburgfan »

given scores lately anything is possible. both programs have played some good games this year. if at clay their field is adv for them. should be a good match.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

This will be played at Valley. Clay has been using lots of small quick passes and their own field actually hurts them in that regard. Hard to control the short pass on that bumpy field. Clay has looked good in their last few games and played really well against Valley at home with a 4 - 2 win, with both of Valleys goals coming on questionable PK's. I look for about the same tomorrow night with Clay on top 5 - 3.

Waterdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Waterdog »

If Clay can stop the Winters boy, then they should be able to pull out a win. It will interesting to see the outcome of this one.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

What time does this one start?

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:What time does this one start?
6:00 PM at Valley. Should be a perfect night for Soccer.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I should be there as long as it's not raining and it doesn't look like it will be.

Waterboy

Post by 817 »

On the turf I'd say the advantage goes to Valley because they play on it all the time.

I'll say Valley 3-2 but this one is tough to call

good luck both teams

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

Clay 0
Valley 0

Very physical game that almost got out of hand. Just about had a bench clearing fight. Refs let too much pushing, shoving and jumping on backs go on both ways. Otherwise a great game. Both teams had shots that just missed. Clay's first hard shot was ripped from 25 yards into the crossbar, Valley hit some well struck balls, but always right at the keeper. Both teams put shots just high or just wide. Heard someone say "Best 0 - 0 game I have ever watched". Clay's final corner kick with 10 seconds that bounced around in the box forever was a great was to finish the game. Good luck to both teams in the tourney. Clay has a make up game against Eastern on Monday and first tourney games are the following Monday for most teams.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

interesting score. don't see it much in high school soccer during regular season.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

It wasn't for lack of offense from either team. Both teams pressed the ball forward and got their shots off. A lot of credit goes to both goalies, Jason Chaffin and Josh Porter both played great games.

Return to “Soccer”