Tournament Draws are today. Post seedings and thoughts.

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Tournament Draws are today. Post seedings and thoughts.

Post by rockyraccoon »

We should know by late tonight everyones seeds and next weeks games brackets.

socman
Varsity

Re: Tournament Draws are today. Post seedings and thoughts.

Post by socman »

SE DII

All games are Oct 19th at 6:00

#1 Marietta vs. #8 Jackson

#4 Athens vs. #5 Waverly (@ Jackson HS )

#2 Zane Trace vs. #7 Hillsboro

#3 Circleville vs. #6 Washington Court House

#1 McClain vs. #8 Logan Elm

#4 Fairfield Union vs. #5 Miami Trace

#2 Warren vs. #7 Gallia

#3 Chillicothe vs. #6 Unioto

All games played at high seed unless noted.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Socman.........is this a guess or the real thing ? If so its a joke that Fairfeild Union would be a 4 seed. Their record may have been slightly worse than a couple teams but with their schedule they deserve better than that.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

It's the real thing. I completely agree. McClain might be the 3rd of 4th best team in the district. Not #1. FU, ZT, and Cville are the only top teams in the North. I wish they would seed all 16 teams instead of seperating the North and the South. The South has 6 teams that would all be a 1 or 2 seed in the North.

vballsoccer178
JV Team

Post by vballsoccer178 »

DIII North

4. Valley.......................1. South Webster plays winner
5. Belpre

2. Minford
7. Adena

3. Alexander
6. Eastern

South

4. Glenwood ...........................1. Wheelersburg plays winner
5. South Point

2. Clay
7. Chesapeake

3. St. Joseph
6. Ports. West

Southwest

4. Eastern Brown ...........................1. Lynchburg Clay plays winner
5. North Adams

2. Peebles
7. West Union

3. Leesburg
6. Northwest

Hope that makes sense

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Thanks socman and vballsoccer178!

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Socman......It`s okay, It is upsetting and disrespectful but we`ll just prove it on the field then. We`ve never gotten respect from the SE District even after being at Districts the last 2 yrs and taking Chilli to overtime last year in the Semi`s. Good luck to all.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

It's a better draw for FU than to be in the 2/3 matchup. Miami Trace should be an easy win. And if I were them, I'd rather face McClain on the road than ZT or Circleville.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Actually dani........you`re exactly right and after I calmed down and thought about it that`s exactly how I saw it too. Actually I wouldn`t be surprised if our coach somehow helped things go that way.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

My thoughts in Division 3 is that the North is loaded compared to the other 2 sectionals.

Best 1 seed: South Webster (beat Burg 7-1)
Best 2 seed: Minford (beat Clay 5-2) and split with Burg
Best 3 seed: Alexander
Best 4 seed: Valley

Couple that with the fact that the North Sectional winner has to play the Eastern District Champion in the District Finals---wow!

My picks are all 3 1 seeds to come through and then the 2 district finals on October 30th at Jackson should be great games.

South Webster vs Eastern District Winner (historically Berlin Hiland)
Wheelersburg vs Lynchburg Clay

The 2 winners will meet in the Regional Semifinals with Worthington Christian waiting in the Regional Finals............. (unless someone upsets them!) Worthington Christian has NEVER lost in the Regionals!!! If they win their district, then they have been automatic....... Maybe this is the year..........

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

South Webster vs Eastern District Winner (historically Berlin Hiland)

Berlin Hiland has some challenges this year in the East District. Zanesville Rosecrans is 14-1-0, Zanesville West Muskingum is 12-2-1, Berlin Hiland is 8-3-2 and Steubenville Central Catholic stands at 6-4-2.

EHSoccer
Riding the Bench

Post by EHSoccer »

a_c_m wrote:South Webster vs Eastern District Winner (historically Berlin Hiland)

Berlin Hiland has some challenges this year in the East District. Zanesville Rosecrans is 14-1-0, Zanesville West Muskingum is 12-2-1, Berlin Hiland is 8-3-2 and Steubenville Central Catholic stands at 6-4-2.
Updated records... Hiland 9-3-2 (2nd seed), Rosecrans 15-1 (third seed), West M still 12-2-1 (first seed) and SCC 7-4-2 (4th seed).

Interestingly, when it came time to go on the bracket Rosecrans and SCC both chose to go on West M's side of the bracket. Not quite sure why. So, Hiland will only have to play one of them. Hiland and West M scrimmaged in the pre-season and West M won 3-0. Hiland has advanced from this sectional 8 years in a row so it will be interesting.

WhiteWhiskers
JV Team

Post by WhiteWhiskers »

a_c_m wrote:South Webster vs Eastern District Winner (historically Berlin Hiland)

From looking at the brackets of DIII South Webster sure didn't get any breaks The North part of the sectional is by far the strongest Looks like they will have to beat the third best team in the sectional just to get to the District and then have to play one of the above Sure not as easy as the other two #1 seeds in sectional

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

I agree that SW got a tough bracket, but I think Clay, New Boston or St Joe could all conceivably beat Wheelersburg, so it is not a cake walk for them.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

Note that the girls bracket that they put out has the time of the District finals wrong. They list the girls as playing at 4 pm at Jackson on Oct 30th. The Boys DIII North plays their final at that time. The girls will play at 1 pm. The SEODAB site also had it wrong. Hopefully they will correct it.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Rocky: truly---there is not anyway you can make an argument (without bias) that Burg is in trouble of losing to one of those teams.

Who has Clay or New Boston or St. Joe beaten this year? I see NO quality wins.

Clay (7-7-2) has beaten West Union, South Point, Valley, New Boston, Eastern, Northwest and West.

New Boston (5 wins) has beaten Clay, Eastern, Northwest, West and South Point

St. Joe (6 wins) has beaten New Boston, Greenup, OVC and South Point twice and Northwest

I respectfully disagree with you!

My opinion is that Wheelersburg has the easiest Sectional in recent memory and coupled with the fact that you only have to play teams from your own sectional to get to the district final........ wow!

rockyraccoon
All Conference

Post by rockyraccoon »

svbt1112 wrote:Rocky: I believe that maybe of those three teams you mentioned ---- maybe Ironton St. Joe could give burg somewhat of a game. But, truly---there is not anyway you can make an argument (without bias) that Burg is in trouble of losing to one of those teams.

Who has Clay or New Boston beaten this year?

Clay has beaten West Union, South Point, Valley, New Boston, Eastern, Northwest and West.

New Boston has beaten?

St. Joe has beaten?

Burg beat Valley 4 - 1. Clay beat Valley 4 - 2, Burg beat St Joe 4 - 0, Clay tied St Joe 2 - 2. Burg beat Clay 5 -2. None of these games were blow outs, so it it not "inconceivable" that St Joe or Clay could win. I threw in New Boston because of their strong play near the end. My point being that it is not a given that Burg wins their bracket without a challenge.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

I updated my post as I was writing it!

Rocky: Inconceivable---no----I agree with you.

Highly Unlikely----yes! That Sectional is giftwrapped for the Pirates. And, if it stays that way for years to come......... man---that is almost unfair.

I will even use a Rocky like argument to make my case.

Here you have a Sectional with Wheelersburg and the three smallest schools in southern ohio who play soccer (nb, clay, st. joe) with West who has never had a good soccer team and South Point and Chesapeake.......... crazy!

The Bathtub Legend
Waterboy

Post by The Bathtub Legend »

rockyraccoon wrote:
svbt1112 wrote:Rocky: I believe that maybe of those three teams you mentioned ---- maybe Ironton St. Joe could give burg somewhat of a game. But, truly---there is not anyway you can make an argument (without bias) that Burg is in trouble of losing to one of those teams.

Who has Clay or New Boston beaten this year?

Clay has beaten West Union, South Point, Valley, New Boston, Eastern, Northwest and West.

New Boston has beaten?

St. Joe has beaten?

Burg beat Valley 4 - 1. Clay beat Valley 4 - 2, Burg beat St Joe 4 - 0, Clay tied St Joe 2 - 2. Burg beat Clay 5 -2. None of these games were blow outs, so it it not "inconceivable" that St Joe or Clay could win. I threw in New Boston because of their strong play near the end. My point being that it is not a given that Burg wins their bracket without a challenge.
A 3 goal difference in a game is most certainly a blow-out.

Return to “Soccer”