Adult Soccer League at the Complex

Buckeye24
Varsity

Adult Soccer League at the Complex

Post by Buckeye24 »

There will be an adult soccer league at The Complex in West Portsmouth starting next month. Games will be 7v7 and will be played on Wednesdays. We are also planning on starting a U18 league around the first of June.

As of right now, both divisions will be co-ed. If we get enough interest at the high school level, we will split up boys and girls.

Signup sheets will be available soon. Team signups will be $200; individual will be $30. Signups are due April 1st with games starting on April 15th. This is all subject to change.

If you are interested, please get in contact with me via message and I will give you contact info.
Last edited by Buckeye24 on Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Adult and u18 Soccer at the Complex

Post by 4thgoal »

"Team" signups could be a little tricky since only 50% of the team can be from the same school's teams. I believe that boys and girls would be counted together in making up that 50%, so for example only 3 kids (boys or girls) from West could be on the same 7v7 team. If it was considered open field or free play, that wouldn't matter, but since there is a fee to participate, that changes things.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

That has been taken into consideration and we're weighing our options. We want to be able to provide field time for the high schoolers in the offseason without breaking OHSAA rules.

If coaches and players from the area are willing, the ideal scenario is just to merge players from different schools into the same team.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think it is a great idea, but I am not sure how much participation will be there, especially when competiting for time with track, baseball, softball, and tennis in the spring.

I think a 7v7 league for high school teams from early June-July (maybe 5-6 weeks) would be a success though. Waverly did have that in the past, but is has been reduced to a weekend 7v7 tournament. I would guess you could get at least one team from West, Minford, Burg, Northwest and maybe a couple more for that.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

After taking this into consideration, we think it would probably be a better idea to do move the U18 league to June. Thanks for the feedback.

The adult league will still be taking place as anticipated.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Adult Soccer League at the Complex

Post by 4thgoal »

I would make sure to extend invitations to some of the Lawrence Co schools as well. It wouldn't be a stretch for St. Joe to send a team or two. I am not sure what the off-season rules are in KY, but you potentially could get kids from Greenup Co., Russell, etc. Posting on here is easy advertisement, but an email to all ADs within 30 minutes would be good too.

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Shoot Chris Williamson an email at coach@waverlysoccer.com
He has put it on the past few years and will have some good advice.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Do you have an idea what day the High school games will be? Will plan on putting team in and wanting to get summer calendar ready for the kids.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

The Southern Ohio Spartans will be playing on Saturdays, so we have to use the field during the week. Most likely, the games will be played on Wednesday and Friday.

Pedro
Riding the Bench

Post by Pedro »

Any update on the 7v7 summer league for HS players?

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Haven't heard anything. Is it still going to happen? Like to get a team in.

Return to “Soccer”