SCORING BONANZA???

jazzfingers888
JV Team

SCORING BONANZA???

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Ok I'm looking at some of the SOCs scores so far and what's up with all the goals??? Results of 4-3 twice, 3-3 twice, and a 6-4... Is it poor defense? Powerful offense? Or as they always mention in every world cup is it the new balls??? :aaaaa53

juanmorales
JV Team

Re: SCORING BONANZA???

Post by juanmorales »

Yea I've heard a lot of buzz about the new balls this year in SOC play. A lot of coaches don't like them.

Butttttt starting the year off right jazzyfeet69 with a post that actually makes sense. Normally you don't know soccer from croquet!

socman
Varsity

Post by socman »

Quite a few teams had a lot of turnover on their starting 11. A good defense takes time to gel and learn from each other. I assume scores will start to drop as we get farther into the season. At least from my point of view, I sure hope so! :)

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think socman is right about turnover. I know Minford and Waverly both have basically a whole new back line from last year and Waverly has a new keeper this year as well. It will be interesting to see if the Jeeps can slow down Romanello tomorrow. He has 9 goals in Valley's first 3 games, so the key to slowing them down is obvious, but can the Jeeps pull it off?

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Yea the Jeeps are in serious trouble. Romanello is big, mean, dirty, scary, tough as nails, and nasty. The Jeeps defenders want nothing to do with him. He may net 7 on the Jeeps.

Romanello (Valley) 7
Little Jeepies 2

Don KeyPunch
Riding the Bench

Post by Don KeyPunch »

Could be the all the balls in the league or lack thereof... Interpret as u wish... But for real a lot of balls going into holes this year. Haven't seen this many celebrations since the days of SAUCE, JOOSE, EPSTEIN, and the scoring machine GREG "upper 90" Mauk. A lot to be excited about this year in tiger town USA aka the house that hickies built. Just make sure to wear an old hat to the next home game because you'll most likely be throwing it on the field as the tiger forwards are certain to please the rowdy fans with a hat trick. Go Glenwood! GHS!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The House that Hickie's Built has always been one of my favorite soccer venues in the area! I noticed during previews this year that its condition is starting to deteriorate more rapidly. Hopefully either the village or school can come up with some money to refurbish the facility in the near future.

FlatBack4REAL
Riding the Bench

Post by FlatBack4REAL »

Wow... Some crazy predictions indeed but I wouldn't be surprised with any result this early in the season. I'm hoping our Jeeps can contain Valley tomorrow night. It will be a great game.

Prediction:
Jeeps 4
Indians 1

realfutbol
Riding the Bench

Post by realfutbol »

Flatback4wrong....you cannot hold down the states best scorer to one goal...he will eat up that back line for at least 3 goals..they are slow in what I've heard this year. But the Indians always seem to self implode...so in the end Jeeps 4 Valley 3.

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

realfutbol wrote:Flatback4wrong....you cannot hold down the states best scorer to one goal...he will eat up that back line for at least 3 goals..they are slow in what I've heard this year. But the Indians always seem to self implode...so in the end Jeeps 4 Valley 3.
Totally agree with realtoebol... Kevin Ceaton of the jeeps is the best scorer in the United States. Will definitely have the Indians falling all over themselves tomorrow night. I look for a real clean game, no mustard stains, and tons of toe balls. What's that I smell? Yea, it's SOC soccer. Take a whiff.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

Hey gaveTHEflight at least get the spelling right. It's Kevin KEETUN

Bigbadwolf
Freshman Team

Post by Bigbadwolf »

I'm guessing that saveTHEnight and JuanM both work for the Portsmouth Daily Times... It's Kyle Keaton.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I will be looking for the full stat report after this one, including chest to footies, pizzas sold, whiffs, and crowd meter!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Best scorer in the US? Decent but may not even be best scorer in Scioto county. Always good to see the SW faithful on SEOPs. Must be a good year for the Jeeps. The band wagon gang is back.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

RxBurgFan wrote:Best scorer in the US? Decent but may not even be best scorer in Scioto county. Always good to see the SW faithful on SEOPs. Must be a good year for the Jeeps. The band wagon gang is back.
I don't think they ever left! I'm just glad Swanker Pine finally retired.

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

RxBurgFan wrote:Best scorer in the US? Decent but may not even be best scorer in Scioto county. Always good to see the SW faithful on SEOPs. Must be a good year for the Jeeps. The band wagon gang is back.
Please don't associate me with anything south webster. Do I enjoy watching them? Yes... Am I a fan? Not quite... Just seem to get to more of their games than any others with my current living situation. I love the game of soccer, and this Kyle Kleaton (as the sw faithful call him) of the jeeps is a standout player. Some call him a playboy, some call him a ballboy, I just call him the 2014 soc player of the year. Maybe not the best player in the country, but easily could argue he's the best in the USA (Underappreciated Schools of Appalachia). To answer 4th and goal... Yes I should be able to charge up the palm pilot and have my usual unusual stats for the game tonight. You guys wouldn't believe the correlation between home teams in the SOC winning games when they hit that target mark of pizzas sold by concessions. Sounds farfetched but when you have the numbers to back it up you kind of start believing there might just be something to it. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm buying what Perry's is selling. And if the pizzas arrive in time for the opening whistle that you can chalk up another win for the jeeps. Put on the SPF and bring the kids out to bloom township tonight. Should be a "saucy" one...

Prediction:
Jeeps 5 (Kleaton 2 unassisted, Blovens 2, Zimbermann 1)
Indians 4 (Romanelbow 2, wallace 2)

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

JollyP I hope you didn't enliven a ghost from the past. Even mentioning the name S___P___ could give life to it again. Probably will show up again since the band wagon gang is back. It soccer season.....

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Me too Rx. Lol. Anyone have the final from SW and Valley?

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Gotta be a final score out there somewhere.

Sider95
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider95 »

6-4 Jeeps. 9 yellow cards and 2 soft reds. That's just what I was told.

Return to “Soccer”