division 2 girls soccer

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Re: division 2 girls soccer

Post by towelboy02 »

Not sure about the rest of the MSL but Fairfield Union and Bloom-Carroll both are strong. Bexley had a tough time with these two teams. That makes Athens want to join the MSL

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I'd LOVE to see Athens join the league. Make for some long trips but they'd be great for the league. For girls, the league is down. Bc and fun are strong. Cville is decent. Then it's bad.
I'd love to see fu boys and girls getting to play Athens every year.

The msl only plays league teams once a year though, so you have a lot of non league games

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

falcon01 wrote:I'd LOVE to see Athens join the league. Make for some long trips but they'd be great for the league. For girls, the league is down. Bc and fun are strong. Cville is decent. Then it's bad.
I'd love to see fu boys and girls getting to play Athens every year.

The msl only plays league teams once a year though, so you have a lot of non league games
SEOAL only has five girls teams so even playing everyone twice we still have eight non league games. We already play BC, FU, and Circleville so why not?

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

The Msl buckeye also added fisher catholic to its soccer league because nobody else in the cardinal had soccer. So that's been nice to add an extra team. Every school in the buckeye has soccer. Which is pretty awesome.

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

falcon01 wrote:The Msl buckeye also added fisher catholic to its soccer league because nobody else in the cardinal had soccer. So that's been nice to add an extra team. Every school in the buckeye has soccer. Which is pretty awesome.
Well with the SEOAL probably folding after this season Athens would be looking for a league to play in. Hopefully the AD will be able to do something to get them in.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Fu 11 Waverly 0. Waverly plays hard and moved the ball at times. Great to have another girls team on the map.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Athensfc wrote:
falcon01 wrote:The Msl buckeye also added fisher catholic to its soccer league because nobody else in the cardinal had soccer. So that's been nice to add an extra team. Every school in the buckeye has soccer. Which is pretty awesome.
Well with the SEOAL probably folding after this season Athens would be looking for a league to play in. Hopefully the AD will be able to do something to get them in.
Athens wouldn't be a bad drive. The problem is the MSL doesn't do affiliations. You're either in the MSL for all the sports or you're not in the MSL. Does it suck? Yeah, it does. Should that line of thinking change? Yeah, it should. If the MSL does decide to do affiliations (akin to how the SEOAL does their soccer, where TVC schools participate because there is no TVC soccer league), then Logan will definitely want in on it too and the Chieftains will try and get every program imaginable into the MSL.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

might as well do this on the girls side too

EAST
Schools: Athens, Fairfield Union, Jackson, Logan Elm, Marietta, Warren, Waverly. (7)
WEST
Schools: Chillicothe, Circleville, Hillsboro, McClain, Miami Trace, Unioto, Washington
CH. (7)

East-
1-Fairfield Union- 9-1-1 have games with Unioto and John Glenn(#13 in state) this week, tied Bexley 1-1 lost to Bloom Carroll 2-1, only given up 6 goals
2-Jackson- 8-2 losses to Unioto and Cville, wins over athens, warren. If Katie Exline is scoring in bunches, theyre very tough to beat
3- Athens- 5-6 have close 1 goal losses to many teams in the East side, only given up 14 goals, only scored 15
4- Marietta- 8-2-1 tied John Glenn, play rosecrans next
5- Waverly-3-7 first year program, beat minford
6- Warren 0-6 played a real tough schedule
7- Logan elm -1-5

West-
1=Chillicothe- 9-1 lost to upper arlington, beat unioto 3-1, have some good games in next couple weeks
2-Unioto- 6-3 losses to chilli, lancaster and hartley, beat jackson 7-2 very young team
3-Circleville- 4-2-1 losses to grandview heights and bloom carroll, beat jackson and athens
4-hillsboro- 1-1-2 coach needs to learn how to report their scores..
5-CH- 0-4
6-McClain- 0-5
7-Miami Trace- 0-4 coach needs to report scores

I put these in the order id rank them, only thing was the west side, no idea how to decide whos 5, 6, 7 between those teams.

thoughts?
Last edited by Falcon01 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I made a mistake, Marietta should he 3 and Athens 4. Forgot to change that when I was putting in records.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I am pretty sure Waverly girls are 3-7.

I really wish that everyone used OSSCA to report their scores, even if they don't want to report their stats.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

4th n Goal wrote:I am pretty sure Waverly girls are 3-7.

I really wish that everyone used OSSCA to report their scores, even if they don't want to report their stats.
Are they? I went on the thought they they still only had that 1 win vs Mindord, if so I apologize. No harm meant.

I too wish coaches would just report their scores. It's really easy and a great site.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

4th n Goal wrote:I am pretty sure Waverly girls are 3-7.

Edited and updated my rankings.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Waverly girls have beaten Portsmouth West twice and Minford

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

Athens 1
Bloom-Carroll 1

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

As a new coach some don't know about the site and others still have yet to receive a username and password.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Athens continues to baffle me. Their defense is so good. They tie bloom carroll tonight 1-1.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Athensfc wrote:Athens 1
Bloom-Carroll 1
Apparently I wasn't paying attention. Great result for you guys. Only makes me more mad we let them get us again. Great job though!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Bloom-Carroll 1
How'd the game break down?

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

falcon01 wrote:
Bloom-Carroll 1
How'd the game break down?
Bloom-Carrol definitely had the possession and chances in the first half. Athens let their mid create space and got a good shot going up 1 with about 17 minutes left in first half. Bloom-Carrol had a couple dangerous corner kicks but was able to clear. With about 20-25 minutes left Bloom-Carrol dropped off and let Athens control the midfield. Athens was able to attack with 9 players. Athens was able to get a ball behind their defense and the defender foul in the box.

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

falcon01 wrote:I made a mistake, Marietta should he 3 and Athens 4. Forgot to change that when I was putting in records.
I hope Athens moves above Marietta as strength of schedule benefits Athens. If Athens can put a run together before drawing that may also help.

Return to “Soccer”