What Supports Soccer

LHS 72
S

What Supports Soccer

Post by LHS 72 »

At Logan The Football program is the cash cow! Who is Logan's coach?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: What Supports Soccer

Post by 4thgoal »

Football is the key money maker of all athletic departments in our area. Individual soccer teams may do some fundraising or receive some donations, but without football all athletic budgets in the area would struggle.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

I know of soccer programs not far from Logan that do charge admission to help the foundation of the program.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

All soccer teams in and around the SOC charge admission. Why wouldn't a school charge admission?

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I understand what this post is about. Logan's soccer coach isn't allowing one of his players to kick for the football team. I'm not sure of his reasoning or if I agree with it, but it's his program and he should be allowed to run it however he wants. Football being the money maker at a school has nothing to do with that. I'm gonna guess the football coach at Logan wouldn't allow his RB to play soccer during the week... so to me this is no different. There are probably 50 people on Logan's team, they should be able to find someone to kick a ball from the 7 yard line.... move on.

sballchck
Freshman Team

Post by sballchck »

If a soccer player wants to kick for the football team, what is the big deal? It happens all the time. Drew Basil was a soccer player and kicker. Most if not all good kickers have a soccer background. If a soccer coach won't allow it, then that is just silly, imo.

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

Don't know what the problem is both ways. Valley has a great athlete, Bryce Romanello, who plays soccer through the week and plays as a receiver on Friday nights. Minford ' s kicker plays soccer also. What is the big deal?

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I wouldn't keep my kids from playing any other sport. I think I'm hs kids should do as many things as they want. BUT, I don't think every coach thinks that way. And again I'm gonna guess no football coach would tell his qb or rb, sure go play soccer too... it works both ways.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think the fact that a football kicker who also plays soccer would miss (typically) Tuesday and Thursday football practices for soccer games and that rubs some football coaches the wrong way. If both coaches are reasonable, it can be worked out as mentioned with the situations at Valley and Minford. Wheelersburg also has a very good kicker with a soccer background, but he decided to concentrate on football. I honestly think he could have done both if he desired, but chose not to. It all boils down to the relationship between the 2 coaches.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

4th n Goal wrote:I think the fact that a football kicker who also plays soccer would miss (typically) Tuesday and Thursday football practices for soccer games and that rubs some football coaches the wrong way. If both coaches are reasonable, it can be worked out as mentioned with the situations at Valley and Minford. Wheelersburg also has a very good kicker with a soccer background, but he decided to concentrate on football. I honestly think he could have done both if he desired, but chose not to. It all boils down to the relationship between the 2 coaches.
The key is are both coaches reasonable!

Return to “Soccer”