Junior High Teams

stone76567
Waterboy

Junior High Teams

Post by stone76567 »

What schools have junior high "school" affiliated teams? I assume the most common is "club" teams and even co-ed club teams that play in the fall. What schools have junior high boys and junior high girls "school" teams?

osumufan
SE

Re: Junior High Teams

Post by osumufan »

South Point Chesapeake and Fairland all have school sponsored teams but all are coed.

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

Rock Hill has a co-Ed 7-8th grade team...this is the school district's first ever soccer team at any level.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I think every school that has 7th/8th grade soccer has a coed team.

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

Athens has boys and girls Jr.high

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Waverly has a coed junior high team. They have played against all boys teams from Unioto, Circleville, and Zane Trace and coed teams from Jackson, Chillicothe, Zane Trace (girls and 7th grade boys) and Southeastern (only 1 girl). I assume that those schools with all boys teams have separate girls teams.

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

South Webster has 3 "jr high"/U15 teams. Not school affiliated, but we will play anyone. I know burg has some "travel team" games they play. They play mainly school teams I think. I like not being school affiliated because it allows us to play several more games and several tournaments. We usually play about 3 or 4 tournaments a season. I would like to see a big tournament for our area (Scioto, Lawrence, Gallia, Pike, Jackson, and whoever else in this part of the state). Rec, club, school. Let everyone get together and see other teams and talk strategy. I love the valley tournament and south point tournament and talking to coaches and watching other teams. Its a good time.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

A great time for sure. So nice seeing the talent coming up.

BETTERTHANYOU00
Waterboy

Post by BETTERTHANYOU00 »

I believe Ironton St. Joe has a junior high team as well.
It would be nice for all the schools to finally offer soccer the same they offer football and volleyball as another fall sport option.

jinks
Freshman Team

Post by jinks »

St. Joseph's Jr. High team is called a "club" team, but not for reasons that most are. We do not have enough students to have a Jr. High team (only 6 students in 8th grade). So we allow some of the 6th. graders to play. It is still St. Joe students, just not all are in 7-8th grade.

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

jeepmadness wrote:South Webster has 3 "jr high"/U15 teams. Not school affiliated, but we will play anyone. I know burg has some "travel team" games they play. They play mainly school teams I think. I like not being school affiliated because it allows us to play several more games and several tournaments. We usually play about 3 or 4 tournaments a season. I would like to see a big tournament for our area (Scioto, Lawrence, Gallia, Pike, Jackson, and whoever else in this part of the state). Rec, club, school. Let everyone get together and see other teams and talk strategy. I love the valley tournament and south point tournament and talking to coaches and watching other teams. Its a good time.
I am trying to start a tournament here in Athens. I am hoping to have younger teams this year in late October. Then in the spring hopefully we will add U13 and U14 teams. We are in the process of buying the goals to have for the tournament.

jeepmadness
JV Team

Post by jeepmadness »

Athensfc wrote:
jeepmadness wrote:South Webster has 3 "jr high"/U15 teams. Not school affiliated, but we will play anyone. I know burg has some "travel team" games they play. They play mainly school teams I think. I like not being school affiliated because it allows us to play several more games and several tournaments. We usually play about 3 or 4 tournaments a season. I would like to see a big tournament for our area (Scioto, Lawrence, Gallia, Pike, Jackson, and whoever else in this part of the state). Rec, club, school. Let everyone get together and see other teams and talk strategy. I love the valley tournament and south point tournament and talking to coaches and watching other teams. Its a good time.
I am trying to start a tournament here in Athens. I am hoping to have younger teams this year in late October. Then in the spring hopefully we will add U13 and U14 teams. We are in the process of buying the goals to have for the tournament.
Let me know about the spring tournaments. I want to give our kids a chance to play some in the spring. I don't want to make it rigorous just a couple games here and there or a tournament.
Just shoot me a PM.

Return to “Soccer”