Division II Girls Tournament

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Division II Girls Tournament

Post by towelboy02 »

With the end of the season only a two weeks away, Who is everyone's top seeds from the East and West?
East
1)Fairfield Union-(11-1-1) Only lose is to Bloom-Carroll and Tied Bexley
2)Jackson- (10-2-0)Losing to Unioto and Circleville
3)Marietta-(8-3-1) Losing to River View and Philo, Bishop Rosecrans
4)Athens- (5-6-1) Losing to Fairfield Union, Circleville, Jackson, Lancaster and Parkersburg South, Tied Bloom Carroll
5)Warren- (6-7-0) Losing to Jackson and Athens twice
6)Waverly
7)Logan Elm

West
1)Chillicothe- (10-1-0) only lose to Upper Arlington
2)Circleville- (9-2-1) only losing to Grandview Heights and Bloom-Carroll
3)Unioto- (8-4-0) losing to Chillicothe, Bishop Hartley, Fairfield Union and Lancaster
4)Hillsboro- (0-1-2) Not posting scores
5)Washington
6)Miami Trace
7)McClain
Last edited by towelboy02 on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Falcon01
S

Re: Division II Girls Tournament

Post by Falcon01 »

Think your list is very fair and probably very likely to be the seeds

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

If Athens is then able to beat Warren they would be traveling back to Fairfield Union for the second round.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Athens plays fu very well, and give us fits. We never play well against them and all the credit goes to Athens. Would be a familiar spot for Athens, since they knocked off fu last year in pks

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Fu beat fisher catholic tonight 5-0. Fc played with 9 or 10 players within 25 yards of the goal all night. Fu passed it around and took good shots though. Waverly Saturday then start a good and tough couple weeks of games. Should be healthy by next week too.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

falcon01 wrote:Fu beat fisher catholic tonight 5-0. Fc played with 9 or 10 players within 25 yards of the goal all night. Fu passed it around and took good shots though. Waverly Saturday then start a good and tough couple weeks of games. Should be healthy by next week too.
I bet that had to have been really aggravating for you guys, but it is what it is. I'm as competitive as the next guy, but the school has put a ton effort toward preserving the program in spite of low numbers and the coaching turnover, so when I talk to some of the families and the girls I know they're just glad they can play a game they love. Coach McGee who won a few state titles as coach of Columbus DeSales coached the FC program when his daughters were there and the best success they had was breaking even in league play. I think they have something like 85-90% fall sports and cheerleading participation among the girls, so that's split up between XC, tennis, volleyball, cheerleading, and soccer. They're doing the best they can. Had they not parked the bus, they probably would've been susceptible to a worse score. While not great at girls' soccer, I am glad they field it and play in the MSL. The girls like the chance to play their friends who wear Red & Black kits, play for the Aces or Bloom-Carroll, so its nice. It gives them and everyone else games to play and you can't beat the travel. Plus we take pride in the facility we recently built that is exclusively used for competition purposes by our soccer programs.

With that said, good luck to FU in the tournament. I hope they get a very high seed so their student body can come out and support the Lady Falcon footballers without driving terribly far for the first game. Very good team and program!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Nah, you're right, it is what it is. It made us really focus on passing which was great for us. I don't personally like seeing teams do that, but a lot of them do. Fishers numbers are very low, but athletically and academically right now. I've heard the rumors that they're not sure girls soccer will be around next year. Hope that doesn't end up being the case.

My wife is an FC alum, so I always hope they are doing well. Except when we play them, of course.

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

It is always good seeing some of the smaller schools in the area being able to field a girls soccer team. As many just don't even try. If you look at South Point girls I believe they have around 50 girls total in the school. They are able to field a team with thirteen or fourteen players depending on if they have volleyball or not that day as well. They have been getting votes all year for top ten in the state on the ossca website. That just shows you don't need forty players to be good you just need girls to be dedicated.

As for FU they will get a bye the first round and then play at home the second round as they should be the number 1 seed for or side of the bracket. Then for Districts semi and final it will be a short drive to Logan High School. Hope to see their fans go support these young ladies as they fight for Districts.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I agree and hope fc does not lose their program. Been nice having them in the buckeye for soccer.

I'd also like to see schools like, new lex, sheridan, Nelsonville, Vinton county, heck every school be able to have soccer. I drive through junction city and see kids that look to be middle school age having soccer practice but know that when they get to jh and hs, they won't have a team.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Oh and I'm definitely excited about having to only travel to Logan and not to Jackson for districts!!

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

Just updated the records as of now from the OSSCA or the newspaper teams report to.

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

Voting begins next week. With the drawling on Oct. 11. No meeting for the results this year.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

FU with the BIG win over state ranked and undefeated John Glenn 4 to 2.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Athensfc wrote:Voting begins next week. With the drawling on Oct. 11. No meeting for the results this year.
Don't like that. Always liked to hear each coach talk and let you know about their season. Then you sorta saw how people were voting and where they were wanting to go. Feel like this way, you might have coaches voting themselves out of place. If you're at the meeting, and you are like a 3 seed in everyone's mind, you wouldn't vote yourself higher in front of everyone.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Also, someone like Athens I think will get hurt because of that. They should be the 3 seed over Marietta, but if coaches are just looking at records then Marietta will easily be the 3. Great for travel purposes though

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

Smeltzy wrote:FU with the BIG win over state ranked and undefeated John Glenn 4 to 2.
I agree big win. Did you see their schedule? They play no one. Same with Athens boys state ranked but haven't played anyone

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

falcon01 wrote:Also, someone like Athens I think will get hurt because of that. They should be the 3 seed over Marietta, but if coaches are just looking at records then Marietta will easily be the 3. Great for travel purposes though
Nothing better than online voting. Either way Athens at 4 will have to beat Warren three times to advance to second round. If 3 and move on we have to play Jackson. I hate having split division.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Yea, no win there for sure.

towelboy02
Riding the Bench

Post by towelboy02 »

Just updated stats and standings

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I'd assume fu has 1 locked up on their side and Jackson is probably solid at 2

Other side, chilli is going to get the 1, but the 2 will be interesting. Cville and unioto both there. Doesn't make much difference other than who will be the home team when they play though.

Return to “Soccer”