Bracket Question....

rxburgfan
All State

Bracket Question....

Post by rxburgfan »

Why in some of the Districts do the 1 seed play both the lower seeds? In a couple of the situations you'd be better off being the 3 seed. So someone straighten me out please.

Tower
JV Team

Re: Bracket Question....

Post by Tower »

I seen that in the Central District brackets. Looked like no reason to play for a higher seed. I don't understand it, very confusing to me.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Those districts (aka, all others but the SE) allow a team to place themselves on the bracket. So, if a high seeded team would prefer to play more games for whatever reason, they can do that.

Let's use Central 1 in Division 3 for instance. The 1 and 2 overall seeds in the Central District have decided that they wanted come to the Regional that houses the SE/East. While the East winner has advanced to the Final Four the last couple of years, they also know that the SE has only gotten to the Final Four twice, ever. So, in theory, if they get out of the District, they have an easy road to the Final Four.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Dani is always on it. And just another thing the SE district is behind on. Though not as big a deal, imo, in soccer as it is bball

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Thanks, that makes more sense.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Thanks, that makes more sense.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Beauty of SEOPs is someone has the answer. Still not sure why you want the extra game early as injury is always a concern. Strange things happen.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

rxburgfan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:55 pm Beauty of SEOPs is someone has the answer. Still not sure why you want the extra game early as injury is always a concern. Strange things happen.
Or someone parks the bus to drive you to OT or worse, a shootout.

If you win easy and everyone gets some PT and nobody gets injured, it's great, but one thing bad happens, it quickly can turn into a nightmare. I'd never do it, too risky.

Gview
Freshman Team

Post by Gview »

rxburgfan wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:55 pm Beauty of SEOPs is someone has the answer. Still not sure why you want the extra game early as injury is always a concern. Strange things happen.
If I play my last regular season game say Tuesday, Wednesday of the last week of the season, I'd take the first round game to get my kids ready for later rounds, no matter how good we are. Too much time can/will in fact be a hindrance to the team. Playing Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and then a over a week off would be more of an issue.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Gview wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:20 am
If I play my last regular season game say Tuesday, Wednesday of the last week of the season, I'd take the first round game to get my kids ready for later rounds, no matter how good we are. Too much time can/will in fact be a hindrance to the team. Playing Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and then a over a week off would be more of an issue.
I agree with what you are saying, but if you had a player(s) healing from an injury, the extra few days off could be a great thing to have

Gview
Freshman Team

Post by Gview »

If I had a player down, he simply wouldn't play that first round game anyway.

I would only do this, if in fact we didn't play much the last week of the season.

Return to “Soccer”