Boys DIII District Finals Thurs. 10/26/17

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Boys DIII District Finals Thurs. 10/26/17

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

This will be a great night of soccer at Waverly HS!

Northwest vs. North Adams @5pm

South Webster vs. Lynchburg Clay @7pm

Thoughts? Predictions?

GoAt 10
JV Team

Re: Boys DIII District Finals Thurs. 10/26/17

Post by GoAt 10 »

Northwest 3-0
LC 2-1

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Both should be good ones but then again they are finals. All schools from grass surfaces to turf. Has to allow those who are faster playing to be faster.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Gotta back both of the SOC schools. Would be interesting to see them meet up in the regional semi-final.

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

I have to agree, I'm with the SOC on these matches. They will be interesting though! North Adams was the only team this season to hold the Mohawks to just one goal in their 1-0 loss in the first leg of the season. They can obviously defend, however, it's going to take a massive effort to upset Northwest. Prediction: NW- 2 NA- 1

Lynchburg Clay is a good team with two great forwards. If the Jeeps defense plays a good game and their offense can play to their full potential, I see South Webster bringing home another title. It will not be an easy task what so ever.
Prediction: SW-3 LC- 1

I just have to keep in mind that it's tournament time and anything can happen. Good luck to all teams!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

ALLthatJAZZ wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:41 pmI just have to keep in mind that it's tournament time and anything can happen. Good luck to all teams!
Absolutely. First round games are mostly gimme's, but after that it get serious quickly.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

NA played very defensive against Northwest during the regular season match. Thy subbed in and out every minute from midway through the first until the match ended. That disrupts a teams ryhrm and the rainy wet conditions on grass didn't help. I think playing on turf, in a win or go home match NA won't be able to do that same strategy for 80 minutes. Maybe they will try? Playing on bigger turf field I think northwest scores a few early and the game begins to open up for them in the second half. They have a chance to be 20-0 on the year. That's a great achievement for the program.

South Webster has played a tough schedule so they will be ready for this matchup. Would love to see them come out on top. I hadn't seen LC play all year until Saturday. I was very impressed with them. I think it's going to be a great game Thursday! Claxton always has his teams ready, but with little knowledge on LC I hope he was able to watch the match against Minford.

Good luck to both SOC teams. Let's see you both in the regionals!

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

Northwest 7 North Adams 0. If only the football team could shut someone out once in awhile. Get the 4 wheelers and kegs ready out in Rarden boys.

South Webster 4 Lynchburg 1. They came in Mustangs and left Geldings. SOC all night.

sputNICK7v7
Waterboy

Post by sputNICK7v7 »

GoAt got the story right. From my memory of that game NA packed it in and went with the "Bowl sub/stall tactic" to take the tempo down. This game will be WAAY diffrent. I think the mohawks will destroy North Adams on a bigger turf field. THey have a crazy good team this year that is on its way to the regionals!

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

4-3 south Webster over Lynchburg at the half. Goals everywhere

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

North Adams lost tonight 6-1, playing down 2 starters which left us playing people out of position. Northwest has a very good team but to let it be known the officials were horrific, especially the one on the field. he needs to understand he is being paid (too much) to officiate a game not dictate the tempo and attitudes of young athletes who give up their life to excel in a sport just to have it taken away. 6 cards to 0, I don't think so! I'm not saying the officials cost them the game, obviously they didn't kick the goals but call it both ways, either let them play or don't!

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

warrior 89 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:35 pm North Adams lost tonight 6-1, playing down 2 starters which left us playing people out of position. Northwest has a very good team but to let it be known the officials were horrific, especially the one on the field. he needs to understand he is being paid (too much) to officiate a game not dictate the tempo and attitudes of young athletes who give up their life to excel in a sport just to have it taken away. 6 cards to 0, I don't think so! I'm not saying the officials cost them the game, obviously they didn't kick the goals but call it both ways, either let them play or don't!
Which cards were not worthy. The constant tripping from behind, grabbing runners when they get by them, slide tackling from behind in the box, dissent to ref and trying to "show up" the ref. Not to mention punches after play goes other direction when ref turns back, or verbally threatening to take a player out in the middle of the field. You were only down to 9 players after game was already in hand and protecting players became even more of a concern. North Adams has some fine athletes, need to concentrate more on playing soccer than football

lovesoccer178
Waterboy

Post by lovesoccer178 »

On a positive note - Congratulations to Northwest on a district title! I don't know the full history of the program, but is this the first one? If they had a district title I would guess it was in back in the 90´s. They had some good teams back in the day.

Congratulations to South Webster as well. Lynchburg-Clay was a great team and that game was a battle.
4-3 was the final

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

lovesoccer178 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:20 am On a positive note - Congratulations to Northwest on a district title! I don't know the full history of the program, but is this the first one? If they had a district title I would guess it was in back in the 90´s. They had some good teams back in the day.

Congratulations to South Webster as well. Lynchburg-Clay was a great team and that game was a battle.
4-3 was the final
I believe Northwest won district title in '93. Wished I could have stayed and watched South Webster play. Congrats to the Jeeps. Good program. Shiuld be a good game coming up.

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

Congrats to the two best teams in the SOC on winning District Titles!!! What a program Coach Claxon has had for well over 15 years. Glad to see he's adding his 4th District Championship to the trophy case. And, what a spectacular year the Mohawks are having, Coach Keeney has a fine group of soccer players. This is a great stride for soccer in our area. I hope there's a huge crowd for Wednesday's Regional Semi.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Congrats to both SOC teams for advancing to regionals! I don’t recall the brackets ever being set up this way to allow 2 teams from the SE to advance.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

All 7 goals scored in first 25 minutes. Great game by both teams South Webster and Lynchburg Clay

2 SE District teams could have advanced before only 1 had to beat The East District Champ to do it. And ... count on one hand the number of SE District teams who have beaten the East District rep whether in District Finals or Regional Semis. South Webster beat Hiland in 09 3-0 in the Regional Semis. Hiland returned the favor beating the undefeated 10 team 1-0 in District Finals.

The East had enough teams this year in D3 to get an outright District qualifier and life is better.

I'm going to say this and take it for what's it worth:

The first NA red card was the two yellow variety. The second one was a straight red and very deserved. It was embarrassing and truthfully I hadn't seen 11 v 9 in a District level game ever. But kick a ball at the ref intentionally and then mouth him --- straight red. No excuses.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The Regional Semi between Northwest and South Webster should be a good one. And, it guarantees 1 SOC team into the Regional Finals. That's a very good thing -- we can worry about who they play later ( if I was a betting man I'd say Grandview Heights).

It was nice to see the big crowd from Northwest there last night. Those kids and parents deserve to be mighty proud of their District Championship and I'm thrilled for them. David Frantz handing out the medals and hugging every kid was genuine as it gets. Good stuff.

Same for South Webster. Corey Claxon is the real deal and a class act. He has taken that program to a place where we only hoped 20 years ago it could reach. His kids always play hard but fair soccer. I believe he's the premier coach in our area for soccer and his record backs that up. But, his character and the way he handles his players and the respect it builds is unquestionably what makes him incredible.

Wednesday 7:00 at Waverly. Should be fun. :-).

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:17 pm The Regional Semi between Northwest and South Webster should be a good one. And, it guarantees 1 SOC team into the Regional Finals. That's a very good thing -- we can worry about who they play later ( if I was a betting man I'd say Grandview Heights).

It was nice to see the big crowd from Northwest there last night. Those kids and parents deserve to be mighty proud of their District Championship and I'm thrilled for them. David Frantz handing out the medals and hugging every kid was genuine as it gets. Good stuff.

Same for South Webster. Corey Claxon is the real deal and a class act. He has taken that program to a place where we only hoped 20 years ago it could reach. His kids always play hard but fair soccer. I believe he's the premier coach in our area for soccer and his record backs that up. But, his character and the way he handles his players and the respect it builds is unquestionably what makes him incredible.

Wednesday 7:00 at Waverly. Should be fun. :-).
Agree with you. Both coaches are a class act. Both teams play hard and clean. Should be good game. Sad that one team has to lose. Last time these two met up was 0-0 double OT shootout. I don't see it being a scorelss game.

Soccerfan1
Freshman Team

Post by Soccerfan1 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:15 pm All 7 goals scored in first 25 minutes. Great game by both teams South Webster and Lynchburg Clay

2 SE District teams could have advanced before only 1 had to beat The East District Champ to do it. And ... count on one hand the number of SE District teams who have beaten the East District rep whether in District Finals or Regional Semis. South Webster beat Hiland in 09 3-0 in the Regional Semis. Hiland returned the favor beating the undefeated 10 team 1-0 in District Finals.

The East had enough teams this year in D3 to get an outright District qualifier and life is better.

I'm going to say this and take it for what's it worth:

The first NA red card was the two yellow variety. The second one was a straight red and very deserved. It was embarrassing and truthfully I hadn't seen 11 v 9 in a District level game ever. But kick a ball at the ref intentionally and then mouth him --- straight red. No excuses.
If you remember last year, North Adams finished the District Final's game 8 v 11 against Bishop Rosecrans.... they had 3 players all earn double yellows (I believe 2 for dirty play and one for decent, but one was for two decent, player cussed out referee)in the final 12 minutes of that game... I would recommend their coaching staff either change the attitudes and tactics of their players or they hire new coaches that will teach sportsmanship to their players (I have read several comments this year about their lack of sportsmanship, which makes the school get a bad name)

End rant!

Return to “Soccer”