Regional Semi Wheelersburg vs. Lynchburg Clay

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Regional Semi Wheelersburg vs. Lynchburg Clay

Post by stacey7722 »

Rematch of last years Regional semi final between Wheelersburg and Lynchburg Clay.

Who you got and why?

I see a close hard fought game that will come down to the end. Both teams have quality in the mid field and can repeatedly put the ball in the back of the net.

For Wheelersburg #12 is really fast and can score, #1 played solid all day against North Adams in the District final but I think the engine runs because of the new girl #13 that transferred in. I really liked her presence on the ball. She is very calm and controlled and seems to have a good handle on the mid field.

For Lynchburg all things center around the senior #7 midfielder Angela McLaughlin she is very similar to Wheelersburg's transfer #13. McLaughlin constantly wins the battles in the midfield allowing Lynchburg to control the tempo and time of possession. Lynchburg also plays a lot of kids purposefully and seems to gain the second half advantage because of it wearing other teams down. The sleeper MVP on the Lynchburg team may quietly be there sophomore goal keeper Serena Smith who has allowed less than 10 goals all season and only 1 in the playoffs. And Lynchburg Clay has #9

Two different styles, Wheelersburg likes to kick it long and run after it. Lynchburg Clay likes to possess the ball and play set pieces

Close game, I got Lynchburg Clay 5-3

Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Re: Regional Semi Wheelersburg vs. Lynchburg Clay

Post by Burg_10 »

Looking forward to the matchup. LC is the standard right now and still the favorite heading in. Wheelersburg has had a great season and definitely has an opportunity to swing the tide in their favor. I feel like the match will come down to the end. Here is to an injury free well played matchup.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Very similar on the keepers. LC has allowed 13 goals (1 in tournament) and Wheelersburg has allowed 15 goals (1 in tournament) and both have sophomore keepers.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

I think Burg can pull it out this year. They'll have the best player on the field in #13 Maddison Humble. She has been on club teams since she was u10 and it's sure paid off. Hopefully more area players get involved in club soccer. I think it's great for the sport and improving our area soccer. Get your kids involved early! Most of the bigger colleges won't take a peak at you unless you have club experience.

Good luck to the Lady Pirates.

Burgball#1
Freshman Team

Post by Burgball#1 »

Burg has 5-6 girls that are very capable at scoring up front with Madison. Very strong and coaches can really mix it up with the amount of athletes on this team. Go Burg ;)

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

Burg_10 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:17 am Looking forward to the matchup. LC is the standard right now and still the favorite heading in. Wheelersburg has had a great season and definitely has an opportunity to swing the tide in their favor. I feel like the match will come down to the end. Here is to an injury free well played matchup.
I am looking forward to a well played match between both quality squads. Who ever wins this one will represent the SE well again at the Regional Final.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

GoAt 10 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:04 pm I think Burg can pull it out this year. They'll have the best player on the field in #13 Maddison Humble. She has been on club teams since she was u10 and it's sure paid off. Hopefully more area players get involved in club soccer. I think it's great for the sport and improving our area soccer. Get your kids involved early! Most of the bigger colleges won't take a peak at you unless you have club experience.

Good luck to the Lady Pirates.
I love the new girl that transferred in to Wheelersburg #13 Maddison Humble she seems to have a very high soccer I.Q. and is very confident on the ball.

I would argue from the Lynchburg side that the two home grown girls Angela McLaughlin and Peyton Scott could make an argument for best players on the field as well.

I look forward to a great, competitive game! I have seen both clubs play and believe that this one will be a close battle and the winning team will have earned the right to play for the Regional Championship. Good luck to both, Go Mustangs!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

You seem to have a lot of heartburn over a girl changing schools. She has actually been a resident of Wheelersburg her whole life and just returned to her home district.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:54 am You seem to have a lot of heartburn over a girl changing schools. She has actually been a resident of Wheelersburg her whole life and just returned to her home district.
Not at all, in todays sports world changing schools to play for a better team is a very common thing. You almost have to do it to compete against the private schools that can hand pick their players. I love high school athletics period and having three children play for public schools I am a huge fan of the little guy (public schools) succeeding in a environment created to put them at a disadvantage (private school athletics). I watched 13 play and she is legit and I love her game and glad she plays for Wheelersburg. I also take pride in the fact that Lynchburg has a terrific youth program and although we lost over 100 goals from four graduated players off a final four team we are competing again with kids that came through our youth system and are from our school district.

I am now and will always be a fan of Wheelersburg athletics. I like the way the kids play and love the way the town gets behind their teams. Honestly reminds me of Lynchburg. Very similar, pride in the athletics and athletes and incredible support from family and community.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:54 am You seem to have a lot of heartburn over a girl changing schools. She has actually been a resident of Wheelersburg her whole life and just returned to her home district.
How has she been resident of burg her whole life but just returned? I know the girl quite well, watched her play since she was around 9 or 10, if not before. From 3v3, indoor, FCFC, last 2 yrs at Valley, I have had privelage to watch her. She could start on any boys team in area. Good luck to her and both teams tonight.

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

Tower wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:27 pm
How has she been resident of burg her whole life but just returned? I know the girl quite well, watched her play since she was around 9 or 10, if not before. From 3v3, indoor, FCFC, last 2 yrs at Valley, I have had privelage to watch her. She could start on any boys team in area. Good luck to her and both teams tonight.
Last year at Valley, she was one of the best, if not the best player on the field many times playing against all-boy teams. She did more than hold her own.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Will Burgfan be broadcasting the game??

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Battle of the Burgs goes to LC, 1-0. Goal was scored really really late in the game. Sounded like a great game from the updates I was receiving. A lot of close goals all night!

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

BallDontLie wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:49 pm Battle of the Burgs goes to LC, 1-0. Goal was scored really really late in the game. Sounded like a great game from the updates I was receiving. A lot of close goals all night!
Incredible soccer by both sides! Every kid on both teams gave evrything they had. Lynchburg got the goal with around 4:30 left in the game. Just wonderful soccer to watch. The field was loaded with talent and they played high level soccer. Both teams left it all on the field. Well played Wheelersburg. #respect. Mustang nation.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Great battle of SE district teams. Teams left it all. Well worth the trip. I expected higher score so battle of defending. Both Burgs played well. Good luck to LC and represent the SE district.

Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg_10 »

Well played match by both squads. Both teams played their hardest and the result wasn't what we were hoping for but there is no shame in losing a quality match to a quality opponent. Good luck to LC against Grandview Heights.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Good for LC, but I am a little surprised their game vs. Grandview is at Waverly. Probably a more narrow field than Grandview has played most of their games on and LC has played 3 games at Waverly.

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

Lynchburg Clay will have their hands full with Grandview Heights. I caught the last 30 minutes of their District Final game and WOW they are fast and skilled. They were all over the team but couldn't seem to find the net. They are pretty good in shootouts though! Best of luck to the Lady Mustangs!

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Surprised the game is at Waverly, thought Chillicothe will be more centrally located however maybe Chillicothe did not want to host. Waverly may have gotten because if the Grandview Hts boys win it will probably be a doubleheader with the girls at Noon and the Boys at 3pm. Waverly may have said yes to possible doubleheader.

Return to “Soccer”