Re: DIII Regionals @ Waverly: South Webster vs. Northwest

Post by Crab's Brother »

Webster wins 2-1

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

South Webster wins 2-1.

From the sound of it, Northwest wasted a lot of opportunities. Hopefully the Jeeps can keep it rolling on Saturday!

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:07 pm There was no offsides called on the disallowed goal the center ref said Blevins interfered with the Goalie.
Sorry RonaldoDavenport.

Heck scioto county wins tonight with the JEEPS advancing over the Mohawks of Adams County. Forget franks deer urine, the entire SW school district smells like deer urine. Hopefully Grandview is high class because SW will be bringing plenty of white trash to the final. Go jeepsters

Red and blue
Waterboy

Post by Red and blue »

Hylander wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:47 pm Anybody have updates?
Webster 2-1 all goals in final 20 minutes

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

What a game! I have to say that NW was a great team. They moved the ball very well considering the conditions. The JEEPS really struggled at first but eventually settled in. Both teams were composed and have all class. I really think those tough regular season and tournament games paid off for SW. This gave the JEEPS the drive to bring home the win! Great season to the Mohawks keep your heads up boys. For the JEEPS? Time to prepare for the David/Goliath match up with the beast from the central district GviewHtz! GO JEEPS!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Great game at Waverly tonight. Both teams had several chances at goal and it was a wide open game.

Webster scored off of a corner to go up
1-0. Shiloh Blevins volleyed a low skipping corner kick taken by Ty Collins.

#23 for Northwest scored a beautiful goal from center of the box about at the top of the 18. Beat his defender and placed a rocket off the left post to tie the score at 1-1.

Ty Collins finished the scoring just under 4 minutes on a goal which will keep the keeper of Northwest up tonight. Collins took the shot from the 30 yard line so at least 40 yards out. It skipped off the turf in front of the goalie and somehow managed to get through even though he was able to get both hands on it. Tough way to lose.

Twice in the second half Northwest had shots past the Goalie only to be denied by a clearance by a Webster defender at the line. This game truly could have gone either way.

The disallowed goal by the center ref in the first half was truly a terrible call. Blevins made it to the ball before the Goalie could and headed it over the Keeper into the empty goal. The referee somehow decided that he didn't want to count it. He called Goalie interference on Shiloh because I guess he has to call something if he was going to disallow it. The side judge didn't have a flag up as there was a defender between Blevins and the ball but Shiloh simply jumped higher than him to get a head on the ball. Never witnessed a call like that. At least it didn't change the outcome.

Great season for Northwest. The Jeeps advance to their second Regional Championship vs Grandview Heights and take their shots at the Central District Goliath.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Great game by both teams. Congrats to SW. First goal was actually an own goal. The Blevins goal called back might have had something to do with his hands going up into goalies face/head area.

Very hard fought and clean game for what I seen.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Great game by both teams. Congrats to SW. First goal was actually an own goal. The Blevins goal called back might have had something to do with his hands going up into goalies face/head area.

Very hard fought and clean game for what I seen.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Ruth Boll who takes great pictures and has been around the sport for decades has a great picture of Shiloh and the Goalie as the moment happened. It speaks for itself. Worst call I've seen in a while.

The picture is on her Facebook page.

SoccerGuy1
Waterboy

Post by SoccerGuy1 »

I been around soccer for 30+ years and last night was one of the better soccer matches I've witnessed. Two classy teams from our area, a huge crowd and a trip to the elite 8 on the line. I thought both teams played well, with northwest having the edge on opportunities and possession. BUT as we all know its not about the the extra stats, its about the balls that drop in the back of the net. I thought it was a really clean game by two teams who play the game correctly and not foul or take cheap shots here and there. Refs did a pretty good job, only missed a few calls which i'll take all day at this level(although it seems the SW header should have counted). As a spectator I hate to see it lost like it was(shot from way out that skipped through keepers hands)and would have loved to see overtime, but oh well. As for both teams...SW is a great team as everyone knows year in and year out with great coaching, but northwest earned my respect after watching them last night. That coaching staff seems to have that program turned around, after having 12+(not exact) win seasons the last two and now this year(each year after losing several starters). Hopefully, along with others in SOC, can continue this success and push our district forward and earn some respect....because lets face it, until we can get teams to the regional finals and state level consistently, we won't get it. Webster making it is a step in that direction...Good luck to the jeeps...huge task ahead, but it can be done! SOC is pulling for you :)

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Listened to second half last night and sounded like a great game. Northwest seemed to control possession in that half but Jeeps ended up on the right side of the scoreboard. Congrats to Northwest on a great season...Keeney has built a real program out there and they don't look like they're going away anytime soon. Likewise, congrats to the Jeeps and Coach Claxon and staff as well. Webster has only one senior on this team, so it's amazing for them to get to this point given all the talent that graduated last year. Webster is in the conversation of the best overall soccer program in southeastern Ohio (regardless of division) and it's a direct reflection of Coach Claxon and his coaching staff, along with their youth program.

Also wanted to give props to Ben Spicer of Portsmouth Daily Times for broadcasting last night's game. Him and Kevin Colley have done a great job covering local sports this year for PDT. Give them a follow on twitter as they are typically somewhere covering a local high school game every night of the week.*

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:11 amAlso wanted to give props to Ben Spicer of Portsmouth Daily Times for broadcasting last night's game. Him and Kevin Colley have done a great job covering local sports this year for PDT. Give them a follow on twitter as they are typically somewhere covering a local high school game every night of the week.*
100% agree! Those 2 have done a great job covering sports this fall. I have seen more articles about soccer this season than the last 4-5 combined. Their weekly video SOST is well done also.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Ben Spicer. @BSpicerPDT

Kevin Colley Sports Editor @KColleyPDT

Both good follows on twitter. Keep you updated during local games. Last night Spicer was at Soccer and Colley was at Volleyball. He will be tonight as well

Corey Claxon is in his 15th or so season. Last night was win 205. He will never talk about it so others should. All class.

Keeney is doing the same at Northwest and should be commended too.

saveTHEnight
Freshman Team

Post by saveTHEnight »

Sorry for the delay on the game recap... was bottlenecked BADDD on 64 this morning and this guy needs a COLD ONE! I had corner kicks 7/5 in favor of the tomahawks... SW had 2 hillbilly clears and great clock management down the stretch that would even make Kevin Costner in Dances with Wolves shed a few tears... Webster fans definitely brought the rowdyness last night with chants of "come on tammy" echoing through the chilly november air.... a couple of mustard stains couldnt alter the black shirts last night as the soft yellows were a hard way of saying "tone it down tony." The keepers fared well with the slippery conditions, some were predicting a football score but we instead had some authentic tourney soccer taking place... all in all no one really wanted to take charge until the last 20 minutes and some exciting plays went the jeeps way for a 2-1 final and this was, for the lack of a better term, the last of the Mohicans... Carlton out

Return to “Soccer”