SOC Soccer

4thgoal
SEOPS

SOC Soccer

Post by 4thgoal »

With the addition of Ironton St Joseph, it will even out the 2 divisions a little. I am not sure it will have any impact on SW continuing their string of SOCI championships, but it will make things more interesting. SW may not be in favor of this because it will take away 2 of their out of conference games.

SOCI
South Webster
Valley
New Boston
Clay
St Joe

SOCII
Burg
Minford
Waverly
West
Northwest

jeepmadness
JV Team

Re: SOC Soccer

Post by jeepmadness »

This does work against SW. Webster had tried to jump into the other division but no one would drop. At least that is my understanding. I don’t know why west wouldn’t drop. There’s no way they will be competing in that division any time soon. Could possibly compete in the soc 1.
Let Webster, burg, Waverly, minford and NW hammer it out for the SOC.
Those 5 schools have established programs with previous titles. Let the other 5 schools compete and claim some titles and get their programs going. Put the pride aside and do it for the kids. Think long term.
If your kids think they have a chance to win you might have more kids come out to play. Creates competition. WBurg is a great example of this in all their sports.
But overall it’s cool to have another team in the SOC just hope they can challenge Webster enough year in and year out.
Competition is what it is going to take for the SOC to represent in the regionals and hopefully the state on a regular basis. (Valley got there once)

If you want the right to complain you must be doing one of two things:
1. Doing your best to make yourself better
2. Doing something to make the world better

If you are not doing one of these things then shut your mouth!
art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

West soccer has never been competitive in SOC II. It makes no sense to have them there when there's a team like Webster that could be moved to SOC II and willing to do so. Look at Northwest dropping to SOC I for football. The hope is that it'll build their program with some on-field success as opposed to SOC II football schools beating their brains out. Their lower levels are starting to show improvement in numbers and results that will hopefully carry over to high school. West should be trying the same thing with their soccer program.*

SoccerGuy1
Waterboy

Post by SoccerGuy1 »

South Webster will move up to SOC II,
As st Joe moves into SOC I....this won't take place until fall of 2019. This info is legit, coming from AD's of several schools...Its good for both schools

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Challenging for SOC 2 schools having to play SW twice a season...lol. They’ve become standard for good SEO teams.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

This will be good for everyone involved in SOC soccer. SOC 1 will be more competitive and so will soc 2. Webster won’t win 15 straight SOC 2 titles. This change is coming about 5-8 years too late.

When Webster joins SOC 2 they’ll be competitive but not dominant. They’ll lose a lot of talent before that season. I look for Burg and Northwest to challenge each other for the title in 2018.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

I do agree that South Webster needs to be SOC II, but if South Webster moves to SOC II, are they moving someone down? If not it leaves SOC I with 4 teams and 6 in SOC II. I think it would make more sense to keep it 5 and 5.

South Webster will win SOC I next season but who will be 2nd. What does everyone else have coming back?

Who will take SOC II? And what does everyone there have coming back?

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:42 am With the addition of Ironton St Joseph, it will even out the 2 divisions a little. I am not sure it will have any impact on SW continuing their string of SOCI championships, but it will make things more interesting. SW may not be in favor of this because it will take away 2 of their out of conference games.

SOCI
South Webster
Valley
New Boston
Clay
St Joe

SOCII
Burg
Minford
Waverly
West
Northwest
Here’s the layout...

I still can’t figure out why they were brought into the SOC. Old facilities and small fan base.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

rxburgfan wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:24 pm
4thgoal wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:42 am With the addition of Ironton St Joseph, it will even out the 2 divisions a little. I am not sure it will have any impact on SW continuing their string of SOCI championships, but it will make things more interesting. SW may not be in favor of this because it will take away 2 of their out of conference games.

SOCI
South Webster
Valley
New Boston
Clay
St Joe

SOCII
Burg
Minford
Waverly
West
Northwest
Here’s the layout...

I still can’t figure out why they were brought into the SOC. Old facilities and small fan base.
I agree. St Joe's soccer field is combined with it's baseball field. 2nd base is on the soccer field and the grass is not well kept.

BradfordM
Waterboy

Post by BradfordM »

Tower wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:58 am I do agree that Trenorol works like a charm and needs to be SOC II, but if South Webster moves to SOC II, are they moving someone down? If not it leaves SOC I with 4 teams and 6 in SOC II. I think it would make more sense to keep it 5 and 5.

South Webster will win SOC I next season but who will be 2nd. What does everyone else have coming back?

Who will take SOC II? And what does everyone there have coming back?
That doesn't sound like proper conditions. Are they planning to build a new field any time soon?
Last edited by BradfordM on Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

rxburgfan wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:24 pm

SOCI
South Webster
Valley
New Boston
Clay
St Joe

SOCII
Burg
Minford
Waverly
West
Northwest
Here’s the layout...

St. Joe is building a new gym which will be completed before they begin play in the SOC so that is one facility upgrade. If the soccer field is a concern, I’m sure you have the same concern with Clay as they also have their soccer field combined with the baseball field.

I’ll agree that St. Joe has a small number of students but I’d disagree when it comes to their fan base as they typically travel well.

I believe St. Joe was invited due to the fact that Eastern is moving up in basketball in a few years. Keep in mind these decisions typically go beyond soccer.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Agree that these decisions go beyond Soccer. To me if your adding to the SOC then Portsmouth would have been a more suitable fit.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

With the rumor that Eastern is considering starting up soccer again, how will this play out?

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

With St Joe and Eastern I’d see Valley moving to SOC 2 and SW moves to SOC 2 in 2019

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

rxburgfan wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:22 pm With St Joe and Eastern I’d see Valley moving to SOC 2 and SW moves to SOC 2 in 2019
That would put 7 in SOC 2 and 4 in SOC 1

Return to “Soccer”