2018 Soccer Season

a_c_m
SEOP
Posts: 4391
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:25 pm

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by a_c_m » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 am

Where does Gallia Academy play their home soccer games? At the football field or elsewhere? Need directions coming from Jackson area.



Tri-StateYouthSports
All State
Posts: 1098
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:27 pm
Contact:

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am

a_c_m wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 am
Where does Gallia Academy play their home soccer games? At the football field or elsewhere? Need directions coming from Jackson area.
At the high school
Map

a_c_m
SEOP
Posts: 4391
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:25 pm

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by a_c_m » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:39 am

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am
a_c_m wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 am
Where does Gallia Academy play their home soccer games? At the football field or elsewhere? Need directions coming from Jackson area.
At the high school
Map
Thanks!

McBuckets
Waterboy
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:39 am

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by McBuckets » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:30 pm

Fairfield Local has a loaded team. Honestly isn't even fair.

rxburgfan
All State
Posts: 1157
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:26 pm

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by rxburgfan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:06 pm

McBuckets wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:30 pm
Fairfield Local has a loaded team. Honestly isn't even fair.
Maybe their opponents will simply forfeit for fear of the obvious....I doubt it.

GoAt 10
Freshman Team
Posts: 128
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:59 pm

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by GoAt 10 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:48 pm

I got to see south webster at the soccer previews in New Boston. They have a chance to go even further this year. They return everyone but one player from the regional finals team last year but have 2 new players via transfer. Not sure the rules anymore on who can play what and when, but if they are eligible for the full year, watch out!!

Kicker.
Freshman Team
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu May 24, 2018 4:01 pm

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by Kicker. » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:37 pm

GoAt 10 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:48 pm
I got to see south webster at the soccer previews in New Boston. They have a chance to go even further this year. They return everyone but one player from the regional finals team last year but have 2 new players via transfer. Not sure the rules anymore on who can play what and when, but if they are eligible for the full year, watch out!!

I believe i know one of the transfers you are talking about and he should eligible the entire season, hope they can make a deep run and represent southern ohio well
A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process

4thgoal
SEOPS
Posts: 5887
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:16 pm
Location: Wheelersburg

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by 4thgoal » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:37 pm

I am pretty sure that both of the SW transfers are eligible for the first half of the season only. If that is the case, it would be tough to get your team chemistry built around a lineup that will be for sure changing after 8 games. Maybe the better way to utilize them for this year would be to bring them off the bench, especially since SW will have several seniors this year and was very good before they transferred.

danicalifornia
SEOPS H
Posts: 7283
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:09 pm
Location: Chillicothe

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by danicalifornia » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:12 pm

Did they move into the district or have they already gone to SW at some point? Those are the major ways around the transfer rule.

stacey7722
Freshman Team
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:16 pm
Location: Mason Ohio

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by stacey7722 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:29 pm

The Flush wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:10 pm
Waverly girls are only losing 1 or 2 starters if I recall correctly. 5 freshmen starters last season with some good 8th graders coming behind them, so they should become even better and be there for a few years.
Waverly team has a very knowledgeable and passionate coach as well. Give that guy some talent and they will win a lot of games.

Tower
JV Team
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by Tower » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:20 pm

danicalifornia wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:12 pm
Did they move into the district or have they already gone to SW at some point? Those are the major ways around the transfer rule.
I believe one already lived in SW but went to burg, he is returning to home school. The other one did not play in regular season last year but I do believe he played in a scrimmage or two with Clay. That, by my I understanding, makes him a transfer student and sits out last half of year.

aplayersinsight
Waterboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:48 pm

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by aplayersinsight » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:56 pm

Gavin Bennett of South Webster Highschool is eligible for the entire season (including playoffs), Despite rumor never actually played in any scrimmage for Clay last year nor did he dress, although he did help “coach” not long before quitting before rosterfication

aplayersinsight
Waterboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:48 pm

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by aplayersinsight » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:57 pm

Tower wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:20 pm
danicalifornia wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:12 pm
Did they move into the district or have they already gone to SW at some point? Those are the major ways around the transfer rule.
I believe one already lived in SW but went to burg, he is returning to home school. The other one did not play in regular season last year but I do believe he played in a scrimmage or two with Clay. That, by my I understanding, makes him a transfer student and sits out last half of year.
He never played in a scrimmage but helped “coach”

Soccer
Waterboy
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:54 pm

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by Soccer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:15 pm

aplayersinsight wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:57 pm
Tower wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:20 pm
danicalifornia wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:12 pm
Did they move into the district or have they already gone to SW at some point? Those are the major ways around the transfer rule.
I believe one already lived in SW but went to burg, he is returning to home school. The other one did not play in regular season last year but I do believe he played in a scrimmage or two with Clay. That, by my I understanding, makes him a transfer student and sits out last half of year.
He never played in a scrimmage but helped “coach”
He did play at shawnee scrimmage. Believe he broke a wrist or arm.

aplayersinsight
Waterboy
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:48 pm

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by aplayersinsight » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:35 pm

Was before deadline and not school official I was told. It. Was a question brought up by SW and OHSAA and they cleared him to play the whole season.

Tower
JV Team
Posts: 322
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by Tower » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:48 am

aplayersinsight wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:56 pm
Gavin Bennett of South Webster Highschool is eligible for the entire season (including playoffs), Despite rumor never actually played in any scrimmage for Clay last year nor did he dress, although he did help “coach” not long before quitting before rosterfication
Still trying to figure out what "coach" means. Either way, good luck to Jeeps and all Southeastern Ohio schools.

jazzfingers888
JV Team
Posts: 345
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:23 pm

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by jazzfingers888 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:07 pm

Don’t worry Tower, we are all hoping you someday figure out what “coach” means.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Reply