Mandatory Down time

old_horse
JV Team

Mandatory Down time

Post by old_horse »

Mandatory down time?
Post by stacey7722 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:50 pm

I was just curious if any other schools enforce a mandatory down time for their student athletes? Summer soccer tournaments and practice along with summer basketball in July for schools has always been a part of the training and start of new seasons. It seems that this year a school has elected to have mandatory no school team activities from July 1st until July 15th. I was just curious if this is a common thing or something new started this year. If I am not mistaken, July is the only month of the basketball off season that teams can get together and play? Will this set teams back not being able to play in the July summer leagues? Will it hurt soccer teams now not able to participate in larger summer tournaments where they would gain experience against larger schools? Just curious if this is a state wide mandatory down time or just one individual schools plan?

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Mandatory Down time

Post by rxburgfan »

For soccer you are permitted 10 days of contact in June and July. This sounds like some sort of school rule. But it would impact Fall sports.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Re: Mandatory Down time

Post by ndc soccer »

Chillicothe does. The first two weeks of July.

Return to “Soccer”