SHAC Soccer Thoughts

SoccerSouth1212
Waterboy

SHAC Soccer Thoughts

Post by SoccerSouth1212 »

Last season was a memorable one with both Lynchburg-Clay and North Adams being represented in the boy's district final games. I see Lynchburg being ready to defend their run of consecutive league titles, while Ripley and North Adams should return strong teams. It will be interesting to see how Peebles, Fairfield, Eastern Brown, West Union, and Fayetteville look as well. Should be a very competitive year in the conference.

Interested to see what everyone's thoughts are on the upcoming season? Has anyone gotten to see these teams yet?

McBuckets
Waterboy

Re: SHAC Soccer Thoughts

Post by McBuckets »

This is all I'm going to say...
Don't be surprised to see Fairfield hoisting a gold ball this year and multiple plaques in October. Wealth of young talent and veteran leadership, behind an experienced coach who would be a steal for any college program.
REMEMBER THESE NAMES: Reese Teeters, Coben Zink, Andrew Newland, and Jordan Cameron. These are guys you will likely be seeing in a MLS uniform in the future.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

McBuckets wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:16 pm This is all I'm going to say...
Don't be surprised to see Fairfield hoisting a gold ball this year and multiple plaques in October. Wealth of young talent and veteran leadership, behind an experienced coach who would be a steal for any college program.
REMEMBER THESE NAMES: Reese Teeters, Coben Zink, Andrew Newland, and Jordan Cameron. These are guys you will likely be seeing in a MLS uniform in the future.
Now if they are all on HS team and will all be in MLS then anything short of a state championship is a disappointment.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

What grade are these boys in?

McBuckets
Waterboy

Post by McBuckets »

rxburgfan wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:51 pm
Now if they are all on HS team and will all be in MLS then anything short of a state championship is a disappointment.
You heard it here first.

McBuckets
Waterboy

Post by McBuckets »

Tower wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:23 pm
What grade are these boys in?
Teeters, Zink, and Newland are all freshman. Cameron is a Junior. All 4 are certified Gs.

SoccerSouth1212
Waterboy

Post by SoccerSouth1212 »

I don’t have that much info on Fairfield to know how they will look so it’s a mystery to me...

Will there be any team capable of topping Lynchburg Clay in boys or girls soccer?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

SoccerSouth1212 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:07 pm I don’t have that much info on Fairfield to know how they will look so it’s a mystery to me...
After being outscored by their opponents 105-2 last year, there is no where to go but up!

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

This is all I'm going to say...
Fairfield's shot at a Gold Ball will have to wait until next year. They lost their first league game to West Union 1-0.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

thebull wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:28 pm This is all I'm going to say...
Fairfield's shot at a Gold Ball will have to wait until next year. They lost their first league game to West Union 1-0.
Fairfield lost tonight to Greenfield McClain 4-1.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

I believe West Union is off to a surprising 2-0 start in league play with wins over Fairfield and Fayetteville... a surprise contender to Lynchburg?..

McBuckets
Waterboy

Post by McBuckets »

BananaSC74 wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:53 am I believe West Union is off to a surprising 2-0 start in league play with wins over Fairfield and Fayetteville... a surprise contender to Lynchburg?..
Moral victory over Fairfield for West Union. Fairfield was missing 7 of their starters against both West Union and McClain, but nevertheless I'm impressed that they were able to beat Fairfield's second string. Don't expect this trend to continue.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

These are my SHAC Power Rankings through the first few weeks for the boys:

1. Lynchburg
2. North Adams
3. West Union
4. Ripley
5. Peebles
6. Eastern Brown
7. Fayetteville
8. Fairfield

#3-6 on this list could change at anytime, through those spots the league is extremely competitive and up for grabs.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

[quote=McBuckets
Moral victory over Fairfield for West Union. Fairfield was missing 7 of their starters against both West Union and McClain, but nevertheless I'm impressed that they were able to beat Fairfield's second string. Don't expect this trend to continue.
[/quote]

Why would 7 starters be missing one game, let alone 2?

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Tower wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:56 pm [quote=McBuckets
Why would 7 starters be missing one game, let alone 2?
[/quote]

Tower, what are your thoughts on the boys SHAC this year?

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

League play just started, only have seen Lynchburg and North Adams so far. North Adams was solid, have a fast striker up front and very solid goalie. buzz is Eastern is looking good early and a young Peebles team has promise. Lynchburg stumbled twice already this season losing by one goal to two division I teams and just hasn't looked like they gel yet. Lynchburg replaced two up front strikers and two defender and lost maybe the best holding midfielder from our area in McLaughlin to graduation. Lynchburg still struggling trying to find a replacement in her position. Lynchburg always seems to improve as the season goes along. Now is the time if a SHAC team wants to end their 10 year league unbeaten streak. If they find the midfielder they are looking for among the many talented players they have to chose from it will become more difficult. Until someone beats them, I have Lynchburg raising another gold ball this year but I am obviously biased... lol

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Stacey7722 are you talking about boys or girls?

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

thebull wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:10 pm Stacey7722 are you talking about boys or girls?
Girls, sorry is this a boys post?

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

stacey7722 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:58 pm
thebull wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:10 pm Stacey7722 are you talking about boys or girls?
Girls, sorry is this a boys post?
This topic has been centered mostly around boys soccer in the SHAC but I LOVE the insight on the girls side as well stacey7722.

I admire the Lynchburg girls program because of its achievement, not only in league play but in the entire state D3 in the last several years. Can’t argue with an elite program on that one. North Adams and Eastern have earned my respect. Both rep solid programs with good teams every season.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

The Ripley vs North Adams boys game was postponed. This is always a tough hard fought game.

Return to “Soccer”