SHAC Soccer Thoughts

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Re: SHAC Soccer Thoughts

Post by BananaSC74 »

I am just now seeing this score line, thanks for the in depth analysis. Sounds like it was a fun game regardless. We all know Lynchburg is a class of their own in this district, but I love what I’m seeing from Peebles. A young squad, with a legitimate front 3 and a nice goalkeeper. This is a well coached program with rooms to grow in the years to come. I want to see both programs represent the SHAC well in this year’s tourney!

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

This deep into the SHAC conference play I have noticed a few things...

On the boys side I feel that it is Lynchburg and North Adams with clear cut talent above the rest. These two teams played each other to a close 4-2 result (in favor or LC) and it was a game in which NA started off up 2-0. I don’t see many teams in league challenging these two, with LC beating one team in conference 6-0 and then NA doing the same the next week. 2 very solid programs!

On the girls side, LC is just phenomenal. Loads of talent with a nice striker who I believe is a senior. They are going deep this year in tourney. Steps below LC are Peebles and NA in my opinion, but both with solid squads nonetheless.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

BananaSC74 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:50 pm I am just now seeing this score line, thanks for the in depth analysis. Sounds like it was a fun game regardless. We all know Lynchburg is a class of their own in this district, but I love what I’m seeing from Peebles. A young squad, with a legitimate front 3 and a nice goalkeeper. This is a well coached program with rooms to grow in the years to come. I want to see both programs represent the SHAC well in this year’s tourney!
I agree, the score of the Peebles Lynchburg Clay girls game was not indicative of the effort by the Peebles squad. They played hard for the entire 80 minutes. Legit 3 scorers up front and one of the top goalies in the league. Well coached squad that was well organized the entire game. I look for big things in the tournament from Peebles.

I spoke with the coach from Peebles after the game and make no mistake they were not there to show well, they went to Lynchburg to win. I love that the coach was not please with the outcome, he truly went there to win. This team and this program is healthy and will do big things in the future.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Here are the SHAC boys soccer standings with conference records listed (as of 10-2):

1. Lynchburg Clay (5-0)
2. North Adams (5-1)
3. Eastern Brown (4-2)
4. Ripley (2-1?)
5. Peebles (3-3)
6. West Union (2-5)
7. Fayetteville (0-3?)
8. Fairfield (0-5)

If anyone has missing conference records on the boys side let me know. The league standings are starting to shape up with Lynchburg leading the way.

The boys side of things is really starting to shape up.
Last edited by BananaSC74 on Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

SoccerGuy22 wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:34 pm Anyone have updated standings for the league?
I just posted updated standings in the league for the boys side, I am only missing a few games for 2-3 teams in the league. Let me know if you know any of the standings for teams like Peebles, Ripley and Fayetteville.

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

Peebles is 3-3 in the league with their last game being a reschedule against Eastern.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

SoccerGuy22 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:15 pm Peebles is 3-3 in the league with their last game being a reschedule against Eastern.
Ok thanks, Peebles conference record is updated. Just need Fayetteville and West Union.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Post by McBuckets » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:16 pm

This is all I'm going to say...
Don't be surprised to see Fairfield hoisting a gold ball this year and multiple plaques in October. Wealth of young talent and veteran leadership, behind an experienced coach who would be a steal for any college program.
REMEMBER THESE NAMES: Reese Teeters, Coben Zink, Andrew Newland, and Jordan Cameron. These are guys you will likely be seeing in a MLS uniform in the future

Fairfield (0-5

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Looks like Lynchburg has wrapped up the boys side with wins over Ripley and North Adams. I don't see anyone else in the league that can challenge them.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

The boys league always looked like it was gonna come down to either Lynchburg, NA, or Ripley. No one else really even challenged at all.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

LC boys and girls go for the gold ball (undefeated league record) tonight vs Fairfield on senior night. Girls haven’t loss since 2010 (58-0-1) in that span and boys haven’t since 2012 (40-0-1) in that span. Hope for an injury free night as tournament time is around the corner

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

On the boys side of things, some interesting matchups early on in the tourney for SHAC squads.

Fairfield vs Peebles (winner goes up against Lynchburg)
North Adams vs Eastern
West Union vs Portsmouth

Predictions???

Hylander
JV Team

Post by Hylander »

West Union beat Portsmouth 5-1 Saturday morning.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Hylander wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:03 am West Union beat Portsmouth 5-1 Saturday morning.
Thank you for the info! I was happy to see Portsmouth bring back soccer and I hope they stick with it In the years to come.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Boys tourney score:

NA 5
Eastern 0

Anyone have the Lynchburg Clay - Peebles game?

old_horse
JV Team

Post by old_horse »

BananaSC74 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:49 pm Boys tourney score:

NA 5
Eastern 0

Anyone have the Lynchburg Clay - Peebles game?
Lynchburg Clay 6 - Peebles 2

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Shoutout to a very well coached West Union boys team on taking Northwest (1 seed) down to the wire in a 3-2 loss. Mad respect for them, the kingsolver kid is an up and coming talent.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Final:

LC 2
NA 0

Congrats to Lynchburg on sectional title. NA got a lot of looks at goal in the second half but they put themselves in a hole early.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Lynchburg has the mental edge on the teams in the league but North Adams has been consistently #2 and getting better each year.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Here are the All-League player selections along with awards for the SHAC in boys and girls soccer! Congrats to everyone!

Boys Soccer

James Bentley Fairfield

Blake Marcelino Lynchburg-Clay

Colton Bone Fayetteville

Colt Parker West Union

Ryan Boone Eastern

Damin Pierson Lynchburg-Clay

Andrew Brand North Adams

Drew Pitzer Lynchburg-Clay

Weston Browning Peebles

Jaki Royal Ripley

Conner Campbell West Union