2018 Boys Southeast District Schedules, scores, etc.

Falcon01
S

Re: 2018 Boys Southeast District Schedules, scores, etc.

Post by Falcon01 »

Fu beat sheridan 17-0. I hate it.

I grew up in perry county where soccer is basically unheard of. Its become more and more of a thing in the last 5 years and sheridan finally made the jump. These losses are what kill a program. What kid wants to be a part of this, especially when they gotta go to school and be laughed at by football players. I know this is happening for sure because i was on some of the first teams in FUs program and we got BLASTED by teams and had football coaches say things to us about it....

I absolutely hate these scores for that reason. I also understand from a coaching aspect that its difficult, but coaches know who they are playing. Talk to your team beforehand.. have a plan..

Coaches sometimes have to live and learn just like players or fans...

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Falcon01 wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:48 pm Fu beat sheridan 17-0. I hate it.

I grew up in perry county where soccer is basically unheard of. Its become more and more of a thing in the last 5 years and sheridan finally made the jump. These losses are what kill a program. What kid wants to be a part of this, especially when they gotta go to school and be laughed at by football players. I know this is happening for sure because i was on some of the first teams in FUs program and we got BLASTED by teams and had football coaches say things to us about it....

I absolutely hate these scores for that reason. I also understand from a coaching aspect that its difficult, but coaches know who they are playing. Talk to your team beforehand.. have a plan..

Programs begin and generally struggle. Kids should know this. Parents are most often the cause for a ruckus. If a kid can’t take some ribbing for playing a sport they have bigger problems to face.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

I feel like new soccer programs need to do what new football programs do when the start, i remember eastern pike when they started their football team played jv teams for their first 2 seasons, yes I know a new program starting and doing jv would be kind of pointless but try and see if the schools they are playing now would just play their jv against them until thy have and idea of where and what direction their program is headed

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

I don't see a problem with the goals as long as the team is still playing the game and respecting the other team. What I cant stand is when a team starts "Get 20 passes before you can shoot" or "Only score off crosses." That's not the objective of the game. The objective is to score goals. I know everyone tries to create good habits once the game is out of hand (This risk of losing the ball and getting scored on and losing the game is lower by that point) but shouldn't you be trying to improving your style the whole time? Not just when the game is out of reach and your bench kids are just told to "Pass & not score"...

I've been a part of a losing side where a team has passed a ball around (as a player & coach). I hated it. Chasing the ball knowing we would never get it back because they weren't trying to score and we weren't simply good enough to get close enough to the ball. I've also been on the winning side where the losing team said they would rather us just keep scoring rather than just passing it around. I've been around a losing side where the coach tried to go down to 7 Players and I told him not too. You're disrespecting me & my team. If you scored 15, 16, 17, 18 or 19 goals because your team is just better and the players on the bench were better than mine and everyone played hard and continued to play the game, then I'll take the loss and just say we were beat by a better team & program.

As long as the team winning is COMPETING HARD and NOT DISRESPECTING the other team (Laughing, acting like they don't care, not trying, etc.) I see no problem if the score is high.

Also, I see it as a loss of conditioning time for players. Only play so many minutes in a game then try to compete with D1/2/3 teams in Regional games that are a higher level because they play more games vs better teams. Don't say you can do conditioning at practice or elsewhere. Game conditioning is different than Isolated running at practice.

Everyone needs to Raise the bar and strive to go to that next level.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

I completely disagree with a lot of people on here.. you never ever need to score 20 goals (especially on a new program). It shows nothing about your team besides the fact that you have no respect for the game. There are MANY schools around this area that love to drop 12+ goals on weak teams and then they brag about how many team goals they have scored at the end of the year. It frustrates me every time.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

ndc soccer wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:51 am I don't see a problem with the goals as long as the team is still playing the game and respecting the other team. What I cant stand is when a team starts "Get 20 passes before you can shoot" or "Only score off crosses." That's not the objective of the game. The objective is to score goals. I know everyone tries to create good habits once the game is out of hand (This risk of losing the ball and getting scored on and losing the game is lower by that point) but shouldn't you be trying to improving your style the whole time? Not just when the game is out of reach and your bench kids are just told to "Pass & not score"...

I've been a part of a losing side where a team has passed a ball around (as a player & coach). I hated it. Chasing the ball knowing we would never get it back because they weren't trying to score and we weren't simply good enough to get close enough to the ball. I've also been on the winning side where the losing team said they would rather us just keep scoring rather than just passing it around. I've been around a losing side where the coach tried to go down to 7 Players and I told him not too. You're disrespecting me & my team. If you scored 15, 16, 17, 18 or 19 goals because your team is just better and the players on the bench were better than mine and everyone played hard and continued to play the game, then I'll take the loss and just say we were beat by a better team & program.

As long as the team winning is COMPETING HARD and NOT DISRESPECTING the other team (Laughing, acting like they don't care, not trying, etc.) I see no problem if the score is high.

Also, I see it as a loss of conditioning time for players. Only play so many minutes in a game then try to compete with D1/2/3 teams in Regional games that are a higher level because they play more games vs better teams. Don't say you can do conditioning at practice or elsewhere. Game conditioning is different than Isolated running at practice.

Maybe, but being extremely non-competitive is a perfect way to kill a program. Here’s the last 4 years of a school that you’re familiar with as a Boys’ Soccer program.

1-59, 402 goals allowed, 35 goals for. They last played a competitive Varsity match in 2015 (now restarting at the JV level). That’s a program that started in the early 2000’s and sent at least one person on to play college soccer after that, but crumbled due to being non-competitive in the late 2000’s and tried to start again in 2011. It didn’t fail because of people leaving it to play Football either (their numbers are way down from the past,) but likely due to being extremely non-competitive.

I’m sure all schools would love to “raise the bar and strive to go to that next level” but sometimes, it isn’t attainable.

Not sure how a first year varsity program losing by 15+ goals every game will be able to reach that next level, but maybe embarrassing these teams with extremely lopsided scores will cause their program to disappear and bigger schools will be able to drop back down a division when they do.

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

danicalifornia wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:49 pm
ndc soccer wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:51 am I don't see a problem with the goals as long as the team is still playing the game and respecting the other team. What I cant stand is when a team starts "Get 20 passes before you can shoot" or "Only score off crosses." That's not the objective of the game. The objective is to score goals. I know everyone tries to create good habits once the game is out of hand (This risk of losing the ball and getting scored on and losing the game is lower by that point) but shouldn't you be trying to improving your style the whole time? Not just when the game is out of reach and your bench kids are just told to "Pass & not score"...

Maybe, but being extremely non-competitive is a perfect way to kill a program. Here’s the last 4 years of a school that you’re familiar with as a Boys’ Soccer program.

1-59, 402 goals allowed, 35 goals for. They last played a competitive Varsity match in 2015 (now restarting at the JV level). That’s a program that started in the early 2000’s and sent at least one person on to play college soccer after that, but crumbled due to being non-competitive in the late 2000’s and tried to start again in 2011. It didn’t fail because of people leaving it to play Football either (their numbers are way down from the past,) but likely due to being extremely non-competitive.

I’m sure all schools would love to “raise the bar and strive to go to that next level” but sometimes, it isn’t attainable.

Not sure how a first year varsity program losing by 15+ goals every game will be able to reach that next level, but maybe embarrassing these teams with extremely lopsided scores will cause their program to disappear and bigger schools will be able to drop back down a division when they do.
I'm very familiar with the program. The team didn't crumble due to being non-competitive, they just didn't have numbers at the youth level. When I was in HS (2006) the jr high program was scraping to get kids to play then! Soccer was never big in the area. The team mostly went to a co-ed (Female led team) because 5 boys decided to solely focus on Cross Country, which I believe 2-3 are still running in college, and in my opinion, it was also a poor decision to go solely co-ed at the time. The current Jr High team has been very involved in the YMCA Futsal during the winter season and only has 12-14 kids.

I've talked to the current AND former coach about past season and both can remember games when the other coach ran the score up and acted like a jerk and the kids acted out of control. They also remembered when they lost big and the players played hard and acted fine. It's down to how coaches who are winning act.

"I’m sure all schools would love to “raise the bar and strive to go to that next level” but sometimes, it isn’t attainable."
It actually is. Instead of complaining about how they scored goals or just being negative, look for something you did well and present that to your team. 'Hey we did _____, really well against the best team we'll see all year. Let's continue to do that in all of our games and we'll improve." If all you do is complain after a game, what do you think your team will do? I know losing sucks, but if your players are down you have to bring them up. That's coaching.

It's scheduling. If its a league game, then they can't do anything about, you play who's in your league. First year teams need to schedule better, play teams on your level. I turned down 3 first year teams this year who wanted to play us this year. I could have very easily have played them and I could be 3-0 instead of 1-2 but I chose not too. Instead I went and played Canal Winchester & Bishop Rosecrans, I know not all coaches think that way. Most think "Easy Win".

If the Athens players played hard and the kids are respectful, then I have no problem. If they acted out and the coach was laughing and allowing that behavior, then I have a problem.

People are allowed to disagree with me, I'm actually fine with it & prefer it. Just how I view it.

I hope everyone has a injury free season! Best of luck to all the teams as well!

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Kicker. wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:48 am

I feel like new soccer programs need to do what new football programs do when the start, i remember eastern pike when they started their football team played jv teams for their first 2 seasons, yes I know a new program starting and doing jv would be kind of pointless but try and see if the schools they are playing now would just play their jv against them until thy have and idea of where and what direction their program is headed
Isn't that what Piketon boys are doing this year? Just playing a JV schedule?

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

The Flush wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:14 pm
Kicker. wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:48 am

Isn't that what Piketon boys are doing this year? Just playing a JV schedule?
I didn't know they had brought back high school soccer this season, I had heard about it being in the works because of thme having a junior high team

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

8/29
Lynchburg Clay at Fayetteville (postponed)
Hamilton Township 2 Circleville 0

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Wilmington 2
Unioto 1

The Hurricane game winner is scored with 1:02 left.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

Northwest - 8
West - 0

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Wheelersburg 1 Minford 1
Valley 2 New Boston Glenwood 1
South Point 3 Ironton St.Joseph 2
Alexander 3 Logan 2

lovesoccer178
Waterboy

Post by lovesoccer178 »

South Webster 7 Clay 0

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

8/30
Jackson 3 Hillsboro 1
Eastern Brown 6 Fairfield 0
Chillicothe 16 Washington Court House 1
Miami Trace 6 Greenfield McClain 0

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

need 8/30 scores:

Southeastern at Zane Trace (postponed until 9/17)
Last edited by a_c_m on Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

8/30
Gallia Academy 2 Fairland 1

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

a_c_m wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:16 am need 8/30 scores:

Warren at Williamstown, WVa.
Southeastern at Zane Trace
Southeastern at Zane Trace got rescheduled for 9/17. Not sure why, but it was done at least a week ago.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:03 am
a_c_m wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:16 am need 8/30 scores:

Warren at Williamstown, WVa.
Southeastern at Zane Trace
Southeastern at Zane Trace got rescheduled for 9/17. Not sure why, but it was done at least a week ago.
Thanks!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

8/30
Williamstown, W.Va. 4 Warren 2

Return to “Soccer”