Southeast Girls District Contenders

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4451
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Southeast Girls District Contenders

Post by smurray » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:42 pm

4thgoal wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 am
Who are the top D2 girls teams? From what I have gathered I would put these as my top teams, but I am less familiar with the D2 side of things

Fairfield Union
Unioto
Marietta
Jackson
Circleville
Waverly tied Jackson and lost at State ranked Alexander.



mhs95_06
All State
Posts: 1231
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: Southeast Girls District Contenders

Post by mhs95_06 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:59 am

4thgoal wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 am
Who are the top D2 girls teams? From what I have gathered I would put these as my top teams, but I am less familiar with the D2 side of things

Fairfield Union
Unioto
Marietta
Jackson
Circleville
Marietta is D1 and will play in the NE district.

4thgoal
SEOPS
Posts: 5884
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:16 pm
Location: Wheelersburg

Re: Southeast Girls District Contenders

Post by 4thgoal » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:33 pm

smurray wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:42 pm
4thgoal wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 am
Who are the top D2 girls teams? From what I have gathered I would put these as my top teams, but I am less familiar with the D2 side of things

Fairfield Union
Unioto
Marietta
Jackson
Circleville
Waverly tied Jackson and lost at State ranked Alexander.
Alexander girls aren’t ranked, their boys are

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4451
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Southeast Girls District Contenders

Post by smurray » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:54 pm

4thgoal wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:33 pm
smurray wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:42 pm
4thgoal wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:55 am
Who are the top D2 girls teams? From what I have gathered I would put these as my top teams, but I am less familiar with the D2 side of things

Fairfield Union
Unioto
Marietta
Jackson
Circleville
Waverly tied Jackson and lost at State ranked Alexander.
Alexander girls aren’t ranked, their boys are
Oh, I must have looked at it wrong... wouldn't be the first time lol.

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4451
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Southeast Girls District Contenders

Post by smurray » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:00 pm

smurray wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:54 pm
4thgoal wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:33 pm
smurray wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:42 pm


Waverly tied Jackson and lost at State ranked Alexander.
Alexander girls aren’t ranked, their boys are
Oh, I must have looked at it wrong... wouldn't be the first time lol.
How about this:
Alexander beat Jackson 7-1 (not sure where it was played and they beat Waverly 4-2 (at Alexander)
Waverly & Jackson tied........................
If you list Jackson shouldn't you also include Waverly?

4thgoal
SEOPS
Posts: 5884
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:16 pm
Location: Wheelersburg

Re: Southeast Girls District Contenders

Post by 4thgoal » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:47 pm

After Jackson dropping 2 in a row, both soundly defeated, Jackson may not be in the top 5 of many D2 lists any longer. Also, since I had Marietta in there who is D1 this year, I guess I need to revisit this. Previously, the best result Waverly had was a tie with Jackson, but they had a nice win against Zane Trace last Thursday.

Fairfield Union
Unioto
Warren
Circleville
Waverly

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4451
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Southeast Girls District Contenders

Post by smurray » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:55 pm

4thgoal wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:47 pm
After Jackson dropping 2 in a row, both soundly defeated, Jackson may not be in the top 5 of many D2 lists any longer. Also, since I had Marietta in there who is D1 this year, I guess I need to revisit this. Previously, the best result Waverly had was a tie with Jackson, but they had a nice win against Zane Trace last Thursday.

Fairfield Union
Unioto
Warren
Circleville
Waverly
I’d say that’s a good top 5...

smurray
SEOP
Posts: 4451
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Southeast Girls District Contenders

Post by smurray » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:09 pm

Sounds like a good battle of two top teams tonight (at Wheelersburg)

Wheelersburg 2
Waverly 1

Hopefully the lady Tigers can return the favor at the jungle.

a_c_m
SEOP
Posts: 4391
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:25 pm

Re: Southeast Girls District Contenders

Post by a_c_m » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Division III

West

Peebles 5-1
Lynchburg Clay 5-2
Eastern Brown 4-2

East
Wheelersburg 7-0
Albany Alexander 5-1
South Point 5-2
Ironton St.Joseph 5-2

Lynchburg Clay host Peebles 9/26 and Albany Alexander 10/6.
Wheelersburg travels to South Point 9/27 and at Albany Alexander 9/29.

stacey7722
Freshman Team
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:16 pm
Location: Mason Ohio

Re: Southeast Girls District Contenders

Post by stacey7722 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:30 pm

BananaSC74 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:26 am
stacey7722 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:10 pm
PeeblesHS wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:49 pm
Who are your top teams from the girls southeast district from watching these early games and reports? What teams do you see going to Districts and possibly further this season?
Zane Trace girls played Lynchburg-Clay's girls tough in an early season Saturday morning game. Very defensive minded team. Jumped out to early 1-0 lead and then tried to park the bus, man marking lynchburgs leading scorer with two defenders. Great strategy, they just did not have enough substitutes to stay fresh and never took a shot on goal entire second half. Trace girls just got tired chasing for the entire 2nd half and surrendered two second half goals. Team was very well coached and disciplined staying with their plan. If they can get some help or sub early to save legs they could really make a nice tournament run. Was very impressed with their team, and their junior striker up front, kid played her tail off with no offensive support as they were trying to win 1-0. Not to be overlooked was Zane Trace's goaly who was standing on her head the entire game. Trace net keeper kept them in the game making ridiculous after ridiculous save after save. Their style may not play to the crowds but they will win or be in every game they play in. Zane Trace with their style of play and level of effort their kids played with will be a team to watch for in 2018.
Do you have a top five for girls soccer in D3 southeast?
1. Lynchburg Clay
2. Wheelersburg
3. Alexander
4. North Adams
5. Eastern Brown

wch125
All Conference
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:17 am

Re: Southeast Girls District Contenders

Post by wch125 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:04 pm

I would say D2 Miami Trace is a Contender in the top 5 coming in at 7-1-1 with only loss to Chillicothe and tied Athens. They seem to be playing well this year.

stacey7722
Freshman Team
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:16 pm
Location: Mason Ohio

Re: Southeast Girls District Contenders

Post by stacey7722 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:32 pm

a_c_m wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:10 pm
Division III

West

Peebles 5-1
Lynchburg Clay 5-2
Eastern Brown 4-2

East
Wheelersburg 7-0
Albany Alexander 5-1
South Point 5-2
Ironton St.Joseph 5-2

Lynchburg Clay host Peebles 9/26 and Albany Alexander 10/6.
Wheelersburg travels to South Point 9/27 and at Albany Alexander 9/29.
Lynchburg Clay vs. Peebles game goes final

Lynchburg Clay 7
Peebles 2

This was a good game that saw 5 goals scored in the first 11 minutes. Looked like Peebles was going to stay with Lynchburg early.

Peebles team was very well coached and their players played hard for the entire 40 minutes. In my oppionion they are the 2nd best team in the SHAC right now. They were very well organized and had three strikers that could legit put it in the net.

In all honesty they just arent there yet. There is a big divide between Lynchburg and the rest of the league. Lynchburg is well coached and they just have to many quality athletes. The Mustangs plays physical soccer and have incredible size all over the field. Peebles only had 14 kids total on their squad and were playing on a field bigger than what they are used to. Lynchburg continued wholesale substitutions and wore the Indians down. The main problem with playing Lynchburg is they run so many quality players at you. The second best soccer team in the SHAC is Lynchburg Clays second unit and that spells trouble for teams that dont carry that many players.

Peeble goaly kept this game from getting completely out of control. This girl had 20 plus save and stopped a penalty kick and the rebound. She was very active and aggressive even up to the top of the 18. She did not let crosses go by her and played physical making everyone aware that the 18 belonged to her. Was very impressived with the young lady.

For Lynchburg the senior Scott got to them early for 2 or 3 goals in first 20 minutes. Peebles then tried to man mark her with one and two players and that left to many open runners one on one with Peeble goaly.

In the End I think Peebles is the 2nd best team in the league and i think they will see success in the tournament, but they are not in the same discussion as Lynchburg Clay.

Someone earlier on here quoted Rick Flair and I agree. "If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man."

Post Reply