Freshman Team

What happened to Athens Soccer???

Post by saveTHEnight »

:shock:

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Re: What happened to Athens Soccer???

Post by jazzfingers888 »

I’ve been out of the loop for a while and trying to get back into it. From what I heard about the Sheridan result, I’m guessing Athens new coach has a lot to learn about the respect of the game. Why even put a 1st year program on the schedule? Again things a new coach has to learn with experience.

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

Post by AthensSoccerFan »

The coach at Athens is in his 4th year. Not sure why you think this is a new coach. I don't have an iron in the fire at this point, but I would agree with you about the results. I think it was 17-0 at the half? And I thought the final was 19-1, but maybe it was 20-1? Ouch.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Fairfield Union beat Sheridan 17-0

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:51 pm Fairfield Union beat Sheridan 17-0
I saw that too. FU was the district runner up last year. Neither Athens nor FU is off the hook for this one. WTF? All I can say is that the coach on the boys side of FU seems to lack the integrity of the coach on the girls side, who is really good.

Oh Well. First and last year for Sheridan after these coaches decided to show them how stupid they were for thinking they could put together a soccer program.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

AthensSoccerFan wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:07 pm
I saw that too. FU was the district runner up last year. Neither Athens nor FU is off the hook for this one. WTF? All I can say is that the coach on the boys side of FU seems to lack the integrity of the coach on the girls side, who is really good.

Oh Well. First and last year for Sheridan after these coaches decided to show them how stupid they were for thinking they could put together a soccer program.
Soccer fan........I don’t know you but I would advise against spouting off and making defamatory views about coaches and programs you know nothing about. The boys coach at FU you speak of is a first year coach and does NOT lack integrity as you say. He did not choose to play the game against Sheridan and played all his 25 jv and varsity players during the game and spent most of the 2nd half just passing the ball around. So, know some facts before you go spouting off. I take your comments very personally and this kind of post and lack of integrity on your part pisses me off.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I absolutely hated these scores and in my mind there is no reason why they should happen. However, I wouldn't say these coaches lack integrity as much as they just lack experience. I made my feelings known to the FU coach, and we talked about it, and I think he understood where I was coming from and also probably hadn't given as much thought to what he'd do in these situations.

Now I agree the girls coach is fantastic, BUT I bet you he had a live and learn moment as a young coach as well.

Hopefully but learn from it and move on. And I really really hope this season doesn't kill Sheridan soccer... as I said on other post, they have torn down some huge barriers in getting the program started and it's great for perry county.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Why would Athens or Fairfield Union be at fault? I mean they cant help a team sucks. Sheridan should have played JV teams to start off with

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:09 pm Why would Athens or Fairfield Union be at fault? I mean they cant help a team sucks. Sheridan should have played JV teams to start off with
I agree they should have, but I doubt Sheridan put much thought at all into what's best for soccer... if you know anything about Sheridan you'll understand what I mean.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

I said I’ve been out of the loop for a while so my mistake on Athens having a 4th year coach. I was just imagining a young kid fresh out of college who didn’t know any better. My bad. A coach with that experience should know better and just my opinion when a game is 7-0 the varsity is out. If your Jv puts in 13 then why on earth did you schedule this team lol. And one more thing take it easy on the Sheridan team bashing. It sucks starting a program...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Better beat Sheridan while you can. Don't take them long to make any program good.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

Smeltzy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:49 am

Soccer fan........I don’t know you but I would advise against spouting off and making defamatory views about coaches and programs you know nothing about. The boys coach at FU you speak of is a first year coach and does NOT lack integrity as you say. He did not choose to play the game against Sheridan and played all his 25 jv and varsity players during the game and spent most of the 2nd half just passing the ball around. So, know some facts before you go spouting off. I take your comments very personally and this kind of post and lack of integrity on your part pisses me off.
My Bad Smeltzy. I didn't know that FU had a new coach. Athens boys are currently undefeated, has made the district final 3X in the last few years and doesn't have a new coach and should know better. But whatever. I hope Sheridan survives this year and kicks some ass in a few years. I currently have a player who played for Athens Girls Soccer, but when she played club she was lucky enough to be coached (occasionally) by the head coach of Fairfield Union. He is terrific. And I wish that all of the high school coaches had that level of integrity and ability. Her club coach is currently the head coach for the Logan Elm Girl's soccer. The best coach that either of my children have ever had. So I have very high standards, set by coaches such as Falcon1 and the Logan Elm Girls coach. And regardless, it is poor form to blow out a team. Given that FU's coach was new and it was an early game that is bye, but Athens, who won district last year, lost in 2017 and won in 2016, and is undefeated has no excuse.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Just FYI I am not Casey Bischof... I'm way better looking than him. I do agree he's an awesome coach though, who FU is lucky to have. I think FU's boys coach learned something that night and moved on.

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

Falcon01 wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:19 pm Just FYI I am not Casey Bischof... I'm way better looking than him. I do agree he's an awesome coach though, who FU is lucky to have. I think FU's boys coach learned something that night and moved on.
ha ha. Sorry to misidentify you. Casey Bischof is a great coach. So is Brian Woodruff. In 2017, Casey took a group that was athletic but didn't have a lot of soccer ability and managed to win the district. And he is a great guy. :)

Rutterkickballer
Freshman Team

Post by Rutterkickballer »

Smeltzy wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:49 am

You mad bro? And ? Us Athens county boys is Rutter tough. Don’t let your bullfrog mouth get your tadpole arse in trouble. Lol

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Agreed. Hate to see good programs moving in the wrong direction.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Been a long long time since I've heard the word rutter. I thought that was just a perry county word.

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

Falcon01 wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:44 pm Been a long long time since I've heard the word rutter. I thought that was just a perry county word.
No no. It is totally Athens county. I had no idea it was Perry County too. It is a really common last name around here. In fact I think the AHS football stadium was supposed to be the Basil F. Rutter stadium (maybe it is) but there were issues with a donor who reneged on his pledge. It was rebuilt after the tornado.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

AthensSoccerFan wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:36 pm No no. It is totally Athens county. I had no idea it was Perry County too. It is a really common last name around here. In fact I think the AHS football stadium was supposed to be the Basil F. Rutter stadium (maybe it is) but there were issues with a donor who reneged on his pledge. It was rebuilt after the tornado.
It was renamed Scott Riggs Family Stadium but for some reason didn’t send all the money. He owns a big fiber optics company in Indiana. It’s back to the original R Basil Rutter Field

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:37 pm
AthensSoccerFan wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:36 pm No no. It is totally Athens county. I had no idea it was Perry County too. It is a really common last name around here. In fact I think the AHS football stadium was supposed to be the Basil F. Rutter stadium (maybe it is) but there were issues with a donor who reneged on his pledge. It was rebuilt after the tornado.
It was renamed Scott Riggs Family Stadium but for some reason didn’t send all the money. He owns a big fiber optics company in Indiana. It’s back to the original R Basil Rutter Field
Thanks. I should know that. Last year my daughter was playing at R Basil Rutter Field. And I remember when the HS was taking down the sign.

Return to “Soccer”