Southeast District - Tournament Seeding/Brackets (Updated)

rxburgfan
All State

Re: Southeast District - Tournament Seeding

Post by rxburgfan »

WWBBB wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:09 pm
The Flush wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:52 pm Where is that?
Looks like Warren Local
BINGO....every year. Could not have been safe conditions to play. Will be interesting to see if officials allowed play.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

lovesoccer178 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:17 am SW will play Northwest next year now that they were able to move to the larger SOC division. It's a good thing that they have been trying to do for years.

SW will play Lynchburg next year as well. It's probably a hour and a half drive at least, but that should help when comparing the east and west. There was decent crossover this year with North Adams leading the way in playing some SOC schools. Rock Hill scheduled some SOC schools this year playing Minford and Valley.

It's better than it has been in the past.
Not sure where you heard South Webster was joining SOC II I've seen discussion about them joining but nothing certain about it

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Kicker. wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:46 pm
lovesoccer178 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:17 am SW will play Northwest next year now that they were able to move to the larger SOC division. It's a good thing that they have been trying to do for years.

SW will play Lynchburg next year as well. It's probably a hour and a half drive at least, but that should help when comparing the east and west. There was decent crossover this year with North Adams leading the way in playing some SOC schools. Rock Hill scheduled some SOC schools this year playing Minford and Valley.

Not sure where you heard South Webster was joining SOC II I've seen discussion about them joining but nothing certain about it
SW soccer moves to SOC 2 2019

lovesoccer178
Waterboy

Post by lovesoccer178 »

It's official. The AD's from the conference have voted on it and the SOC schedule has been made.

Ironton St. Joseph joined the SOC 1 and that allowed SW to bump up.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

rxburgfan wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:20 am

In case you still don't understand kickman, basically what Rx and LS178are saying is..... know your role and SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

TAR HEEL FAN 44
JV Team

Post by TAR HEEL FAN 44 »

rxburgfan wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:55 pm
stacey7722 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:27 pm
TAR HEEL FAN 44 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:36 pm How did Wheelersburg girls get a #2 seed?? Should be a great District final between Lynchburg vs Wheelersburg if they both get there.
I agree the Wheelersburg vs. LC would be a terrific District final. Having said that, those two teams have butted heads for the District title how many years in a row now? Both top programs that in my humble opinion I think would walk through the lower part of the bracket. Alexanders only real competition will be North Adams or Eastern Brown which Lynchburg Clay defeated both by more than 4 goals and shut it down at half time. Wouldn't it be nice to put LC and Wheelersburg in opposite brackets and let them both get a chance at a District title and then match up in Regionals? I get that Alexander defeated Wheelersburg and that should count for something, maybe a lot. But they are going to be a 9-4-2 one seed in what appears to be a favorable bracket. Please don't @ me. I am not saying any of these teams are not talented and cant compete. It would just be nice to play other team and mix it up a bit. They are all talented and well coached and deserve to get what they got. There are a lot of quality squads in our district and a lot of teams with 9 plus wins. As an LC guy I am just tired of playing Wheelersburg every year, I just cant take the stress of it. lol and after all that Wheelersburg has accomplished over the past three years shouldn't they get a chance not to see LC in the Districts? Entire comment meant to be good and positive. Please no one be offended if I have not worded my expressions correctly, I know you all can be tough! lol Thoughts?
Well said. Seeding always an issue.

Lynchburg only beat North Adams 4-1. It was a good game.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

jazzfingers888 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:11 am
rxburgfan wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:20 am

In case you still don't understand kickman, basically what Rx and LS178are saying is..... know your role and SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

With this being a forum I wasn't sure if that decision that was made was 100% was going to happen my apologies to all involved

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

TAR HEEL FAN 44 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:37 am
rxburgfan wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:55 pm

I agree the Wheelersburg vs. LC would be a terrific District final. Having said that, those two teams have butted heads for the District title how many years in a row now? Both top programs that in my humble opinion I think would walk through the lower part of the bracket. Alexanders only real competition will be North Adams or Eastern Brown which Lynchburg Clay defeated both by more than 4 goals and shut it down at half time. Wouldn't it be nice to put LC and Wheelersburg in opposite brackets and let them both get a chance at a District title and then match up in Regionals? I get that Alexander defeated Wheelersburg and that should count for something, maybe a lot. But they are going to be a 9-4-2 one seed in what appears to be a favorable bracket. Please don't @ me. I am not saying any of these teams are not talented and cant compete. It would just be nice to play other team and mix it up a bit. They are all talented and well coached and deserve to get what they got. There are a lot of quality squads in our district and a lot of teams with 9 plus wins. As an LC guy I am just tired of playing Wheelersburg every year, I just cant take the stress of it. lol and after all that Wheelersburg has accomplished over the past three years shouldn't they get a chance not to see LC in the Districts? Entire comment meant to be good and positive. Please no one be offended if I have not worded my expressions correctly, I know you all can be tough! lol Thoughts?
Well said. Seeding always an issue.

Lynchburg only beat North Adams 4-1. It was a good game.
Sorry, you are correct. LC won by 3 goals and it was a good game.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

TAR HEEL FAN 44 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:36 pm How did Wheelersburg girls get a #2 seed?? Should be a great District final between Lynchburg vs Wheelersburg if they both get there.
They’ve literally never played each other in the District Finals. The last 2 years were in the Regionals, so they each had a chance to win a District Title then. LC has also played Alexander the last 2 years in the District Finals, so it isn’t like that would be a new opponent, just one you have more confidence in beating.

Not that it matters now, I thought the seeding was correct, you did not. And that’s fine, I just hope everyone stays healthy and we have some great soccer in the next couple weeks for the teams from our district.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:09 am
They’ve literally never played each other in the District Finals. The last 2 years were in the Regionals, so they each had a chance to win a District Title then. LC has also played Alexander the last 2 years in the District Finals, so it isn’t like that would be a new opponent, just one you have more confidence in beating.

Not that it matters now, I thought the seeding was correct, you did not. And that’s fine, I just hope everyone stays healthy and we have some great soccer in the next couple weeks for the teams from our district.
Thank you for the correction, my mistake. I thought they were district finals games.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Re: Southeast District - Tournament Seeding/Brackets (Updated)

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Girls Div II & Boys Div III Brackets are updated in the original post.

Post by rxburgfan »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:07 am Girls Div II & Boys Div III Brackets are updated in the original post.
Thanks for updating.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Girls Div III & Boys Div II Brackets are updated in the original post.

Girls Div III & Boys Div II Brackets are updated in the original post.

Girls Div II & Boys Div III Brackets are updated in the original post.

Div II & Div III Finalized District Brackets are updated in the original post.

Post by rxburgfan »

Brackets showing that Albany/Athens finding a way to get things done. Off season system strengthening their programs.

Return to “Soccer”