2017 Girls Southeast District schedules, scores, etc.

Falcon01
S

Re: 2017 Girls Southeast District schedules, scores, etc.

Post by Falcon01 »

You can copy and paste that to your friend....

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:33 am 17-0. I can't believe I'm going to defend Unioto but here goes.....

1) how come sportsmanship is always put upon the much better team? If my team works harder in the offseason and commits to being a much better team then why do we have to play our starters for a shorter amount of time?

2) volleyball plays to 25. No one gets mad if you beat a team 25-0 or 25-1 because you have to score 25. And no one ever asks you to give the other team points so it's 25-8 or 25-10. Is it the sports that have a clock that this is a "problem" ?

3). The adults always seem to be more concerned or bothered about these situations than the kids. I hope the fact that WCH lost 17-0 doesn't affect these kids in any way, shape or form.

4) It's easy to Shame and agree that this is terrible. So we all tend to jump on board.

5) I think it's interesting to read how shameful it is and then read in the next sentence how the writer can't wait for the Offending team to "get what's coming to them".

6). In business I don't think corporations give up deals to less fortunate or companies who haven't worked as hard or who aren't as talented.

7) back in the day when we used to play unorganized sports without adults around--- do you remember allowing the other team to score or just passing the Ball around if we were ahead by too much?

8) who decides how many goals is too many? 10 is too many but 9 is not?

Just asking for a friend.
You know what I apologize I don't want Unioto to get beat that bad, that is wrong to want see the same thing happen to another team. I am in the wrong for that.

I know how the kids feel first hand. I don't know what score you call off scoring that is going to be different for each coach but there are aspects that could be worked on to make the winning team improve for their next game.

Each sport is different in volleyball you cannot help beating a team 25-0. In soccer to an extent you can help if you are scoring 17 points. If a team is laying down and your scoring at then thats ok.

Ultimately its up to the coach to decide whats best for their team especially because its a tournament game. Its not the kids for fault for scoring.

I was frustrated once again started venting should have paused and thought about some of the things i posted before I posted them. I still do not think a team should leave starters in to score at will because they are more dominant than another team. You are leaving your starters at risk for possible injury, unless you give them specific skills to work on before you score then you should not continue to pour it on.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

You're not in the wrong at all. This is a forum where you can give an opinion, and having a daughter (I think) on the team, makes you very much someone who has the right to speak. I do agree it's the not the kids fault, they do what they are asked. To me this lays solely on the coaches.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Challenging question for sure. Don't agree with the volleyball comparison. Even though you need 25 points to win. You could at least let the other team score 16 to make it more fair. Scoring disparity is challenging. And yes teams can work on other aspects of there game. But trying to do that at times for 40 minutes is im sure hard to do. First thing sports teaches everyone is that life isn't fair and trying to fix this scenario is easier said than done.

Soccerfan1
Freshman Team

Post by Soccerfan1 »

How much is too much? 9-0, 10-0, 17-0?

If you are clearly the better team, and clearly have the game at hand, should you call the game early? Should the better team give in? Or the other team give up?

Many questions come to mind, but if the losing team is trying hard and the winning team has shifted players to other positions and have JV in & your still scoring, what do you do?

Should the coach yell out, “Miss the shot” Or “Don’t shoot the ball!” Or anything like either one? How does that make the losing team feel hearing that?

In OHSAA rules, in the second half there is a running clock rule if a team is up by 6 or more, should we extend that to the first half as well?

As long as there are great teams and less talented teams, there will be lopsided wins, but we play the game because once in a blue moon the lesser team wins....

Let them play! And remember, RESPECT THE GAME!!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I agree blowouts happen. But HOW thet happen is a pretty big deal. If your star player is scoring 2nd half goals in a 17-0 game, that's not respecting the game, that's disrespecting your opponent and moreso just padding stats.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

It’s not a huge factor anyway, but a running clock in the first half is a good idea. Once you’re up 6 the game is really over and the odds of a comeback are gone.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I'd probably be in favor of a regular season mercy rule. My only push back, is teams then trying to get to that number asap, and probably encourages coaches to leave starters in longer.

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Running Clock, soccer is pretty much a running clock. I'd say make it like softball. Like ahead by 10 with 10 minutes left in second half. Game over!
That might help.

we21
Freshman Team

Post by we21 »

Interesting that softball is mentioned. HS softball and baseball have had a mercy rule "aka 10-run rule" for years and those sports have not suffered one iota. Players, coaches, parents, fans, umps, AD's, principals, the guy selling hot dogs, not one person has been hurt by that rule. (Well, maybe the guy selling hot dogs.)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 4
Circleville 1

Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

If i know a star player is scoring unnecessary goals and i am in my last game i would be trying to hurt them out of the game. Im surprised this didnt happen.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

It is a tough question. What do you do? In a lot of soccer games in country school divisions there tends to be a lot of mismatches. No one wants to see any team or young athlete embarrassed or kids or coaches disrespecting the game. Sometimes its all a more talented team can do to keep from scoring. I know of one kid personally that doesn't get to play in many second halves of games during the season. She goes to practice every day and works really hard at her game as a reward for her work paying off in goals scored she gets to sit the majority of the games? Or in some cases an athlete will be pulled from their normal goal scoring position and played in a defensive position that they are not familiar with and risk injury for what? It is a tough question and I don't know the answer. I believe in respect the game, but I also believe it is not a coaches job to stop their own players. What is enough? I have seen teams that have a very strict hat trick plus one as the most they will let a player score in a game. At the same time watched another team have a kid score 10 goals in a game they won 18-0. It is a fine line, and what happens sometimes is you get a big early lead and then you spend the rest of the game doing none productive soccer things and start developing bad habits. If you are not getting better then you are getting worse. For my daughter and the school I support I respect the coach for the effort he takes to always be respectful to opponents and makes it a point after every game to congratulate the other teams goalie sincerely. Ultimately it is up to each adult responsible for their teams to decide when enough is enough and how to keep from continued scoring against rebuilding teams or younger teams that have not developed yet. Great topic though.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

we21 wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:56 pm Oct 12
North Adams 8 - Washington CH 2

Oct 13
North Adams 7 - West Union 0

North Adams finishes the season 12-3 overall and 6-1 in the SHAC (runner-up to the team who's name cannot be mentioned :o )
Was the Lady Mustangs just compared to the villain in Harry Potter? Lol I love it! :lol:

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

we21 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:53 pm North Adams' senior Lakyn Hupp scored the 100th goal of her career tonight.
Congratulations to Ms. Hupp on her 100th. Great athlete and a nice young lady. Respect from the team in the S.H.A.C. that can not be named.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

we21 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:46 am Unioto withdrew from its Oct. 7 game with North Adams.
North Adams will instead be playing a home match at noon with Saint Joseph Central Catholic of Huntington, WV.
Why? North Adams is a quality club and that would have been a great game? Good get ready for the tournament game.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Fairfield Union 3 Warren 0
Chillicothe 7 Miami Trace 1
Jackson 3 Waverly 2 OT

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Da man wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:12 pm If i know a star player is scoring unnecessary goals and i am in my last game i would be trying to hurt them out of the game. Im surprised this didnt happen.
Well obviously if you'd intentionally hurt a player then you certainly have no respect for the game. Hope you don't find yourself hurt. Be careful saying out loud what you might be thinking.

we21
Freshman Team

Post by we21 »

stacey7722 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Oct 13

North Adams finishes the season 12-3 overall and 6-1 in the SHAC (runner-up to the team who's name cannot be mentioned :o )
Was the Lady Mustangs just compared to the villain in Harry Potter? Lol I love it! :lol:
L-C is a great team with quality coaching and has been for a long time. They have been undefeated in the SHAC since Moses was playing soccer. No one should look forward to meeting them... just poking a little fun at them. 😃

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

we21 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:24 pm
stacey7722 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Oct 13

L-C is a great team with quality coaching and has been for a long time. They have been undefeated in the SHAC since Moses was playing soccer. No one should look forward to meeting them... just poking a little fun at them. 😃
was great, loved it!

Return to “Soccer”