2017 Girls Southeast District schedules, scores, etc.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2017 Girls Southeast District schedules, scores, etc.

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan 8
Groveport-Madison 1

Logan will play for the Sectional Title on Thursday at Olentangy.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:40 am Logan 8
Groveport-Madison 1

Logan will play for the Sectional Title on Thursday at Olentangy.
This was the first ever win in the central district tournament for the Logan Lady Chiefs.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Peebles 3
Westfall 1

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Zane Trace 3
Southeastern 1

Unioto shuts out Washington for their 9th straight shutout. Watched about 3 minutes on Facebook and it was hard to watch the effort from the losing side.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Minford 2
Chesapeake 0

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

Unioto -17
Washington CH 0

Not sure if Unioto left all starters in but seemed looked like it till the 10:00. kids would go and and come back still making a strong effort to score.
If this was the case im sure they will have there day in the tournament. You can put JV kids up front and if they score thats fine but if your starters are still in when your up 12-0 and your pushing them to score shame on you.

socfan
All Conference

Post by socfan »

North Adams 8
West Union 0

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

wchreidman wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:52 pm Unioto -17
Washington CH 0

Not sure if Unioto left all starters in but seemed looked like it till the 10:00. kids would go and and come back still making a strong effort to score.
If this was the case im sure they will have there day in the tournament. You can put JV kids up front and if they score thats fine but if your starters are still in when your up 12-0 and your pushing them to score shame on you.
Completely ridiculous. No reason at all to 1) win 17-0 And 2) let Jayla Campbell score 7 goals. I could be wrong but I think they had a 17-0 game already This year. Tonight there were girls from ch playing their last ever game, and you made a mockery of it. Completely classes and ridiculous. Coaches who do this, get no respect from me. /end rant
Last edited by Falcon01 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wchreidman
Freshman Team

Post by wchreidman »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:55 pm Zane Trace 3
Southeastern 1

Unioto shuts out Washington for their 9th straight shutout. Watched about 3 minutes on Facebook and it was hard to watch the effort from the losing side.
Hard to watch a coach leave starters in that long and push for scoring on a team already beat way down especially when your up 12-0 . Been a long year 0-13-1 , but I will say no one from the Washington just went out and let them score goals.

Unioto was the better team all around and still poured in on with starters in , you don't have to tell your team to stop scoring but there are things you can do to make sure your younger players are getting there time and getting better and your not trying to run the score up.

There is no defending the putting up 17 unless a team just laid down and gave them up and that was not happening. My daughter was one of the WCH seniors and I know the effort was there to not let them score.

It is what it is though

bball30
Freshman Team

Post by bball30 »

Alexander 3
Fairland 0

we21
Freshman Team

Post by we21 »

There is absolutely no excuse for a 17-0 score. Period. The Unioto coach should be ashamed and should be required by the school district to make an apology. This is not why we coach. It is way past time that there was a mercy rule in Ohio soccer.

At this Sunday's SE District meeting there will be a motion made that the southeast coaches let it be know to the state that we are in favor of a statewide mercy rule: 10 or more goal lead at halftime and the game is over. 10 goal lead any time during the second half and the game is over. Something has to be done to rein in these coaches who have something other than the good of the game in mind.

we21
Freshman Team

Post by we21 »

North Adams' senior Lakyn Hupp scored the 100th goal of her career tonight.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

we21 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:28 pm There is absolutely no excuse for a 17-0 score. Period. The Unioto coach should be ashamed and should be required by the school district to make an apology. This is not why we coach. It is way past time that there was a mercy rule in Ohio soccer.

At this Sunday's SE District meeting there will be a motion made that the southeast coaches let it be know to the state that we are in favor of a statewide mercy rule: 10 or more goal lead at halftime and the game is over. 10 goal lead any time during the second half and the game is over. Something has to be done to rein in these coaches who have something other than the good of the game in mind.
Lol the coach from unioto was very happy about scoring 17.. go look at their Twitter page.

Look at other schools who win a game big. Some don't even post the score. And it's not in 17-0 games.

When I was coaching at FU and we had just started our program, the MSL was all one league. We played Granville who was awesome, and they were beating us 9-0, passing the ball around, still working on things but not being disrespectful. A girl from Granville scored, and I'll never forget it... the coach pulled her, and she ran laps on the track the rest of the game. Then the coach and apologized to our girls and said there is never a reason to try to embarrass a team when you're clearly better.... was a darn good lesson for a young coach, like I was. Apparently more people need that lesson.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

we21 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:28 pm There is absolutely no excuse for a 17-0 score. Period. The Unioto coach should be ashamed and should be required by the school district to make an apology. This is not why we coach. It is way past time that there was a mercy rule in Ohio soccer.

Also, I'm sure this coach will also Sunday want Campbell up for district poy.... and will talk about all her goals... but maybe now we see how some of them are being scored. While other coaches sit players who could be scoring tons of goals, because they have class.

MarkWilliamson
Freshman Team

Post by MarkWilliamson »

Totally ashamed. All that I can say.

NotAnsonDorrance
Waterboy

Post by NotAnsonDorrance »

17-0. 30-0 the last 2 games. Please, tell me, Unioto coach...what did that accomplish? Ohhhh that’s right...stat padding! Gotta make your favorites look great for honors time when you’ve played approximately no one! But you keep on bragging about that shutout streak! You should be ashamed. Your administration and athletic department should be ashamed. Your players’ parents should be ashamed. Your players should be ashamed...and not because they scored 17 but because they have a coach that allowed it and by all accounts took great joy in doing it. Utterly disgusting. Here’s hoping you get even a small taste of your own medicine at some point along the tourney trail because, guess what?! Your team really isn’t that good.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

By the looks of this article, they were well aware of some of the OHSAA records and were aiming for them.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story ... 774798001/

we21
Freshman Team

Post by we21 »

Last night:
Eastern Brown 3 - Fairfield 0

ALLthatJAZZ
Riding the Bench

Post by ALLthatJAZZ »

Wow... the 17 to 0 score is very sad. I also saw where the boys team from River View won their opening tournament game 20-0. It's hard for me to respect a coach who does this. I respect coaches like Claxon at South Webster (boys team) who in his almost 20 years has never scored double digits on a team. Never..... ever!!! In his coaching career he's had some phenomenal teams, some of the best ever in the South East District IMO. Those teams never went double digits. Oh they went 9-0 many times but that's it. If all coaches could discover this strange thing in soccer called..... possession.... pronounced paˈzeSHin. It's kind of a new thing where you just control the ball and move it around not necessarily trying to score. Very difficult to understand for some coaches. I've even heard of some coaches saying you have to score off of a header or a volley. Again quite difficult to understand and do but also helps to provide a solution to the scoring BONANZA!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Wheelersburg 9 South Point 0

Return to “Soccer”