ADENA VOLLEYBALL

BIGTIMECOUNTRY
Waterboy

ADENA VOLLEYBALL

Post by BIGTIMECOUNTRY »

17 year win streak at home is over..what is your thoughts on this?

jumparound
Freshman Team

Re: ADENA VOLLEYBALL

Post by jumparound »

I think it's quite an accomplishment. Kudos to Adena, but when you have a good team there is always an x on your back. Kudos to Westfall too evaluate year in and year out they always give Adena a good game but Adena usually comes out in top. Westfall has worked hard to achieve it. I'm sure Laura Smith will have fixed their kinks by the next round, even though it will be a tough one to win at Westfall!

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

That's highly impressive. There is no other team possibly in all of Ohio who has had a recent streak like that. Possibly the whole country. Who knows? Nothing to be ashamed of. The streak ended to a very talented team. They should be proud to be playing in that Adena uniform!

cobweb
JV Team

Post by cobweb »

Three GREAT BIG CHEERS to the Adena Volleyball program on the many accomplishments! Hope the historians put their heads together and write the tale for us fans to enjoy.

HHH! HHH! HHH!

DadPaul08
Riding the Bench

Post by DadPaul08 »

The SVC is going to be crazy this year. Adena wins in five tonight at Huntington, and Zane Trace wins in four at Westfall...

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

17 years is amazing, and the SVC is not a soft league.
In those 17 years the SVC has put a few teams in the State
and I can't imagine the number of regional appearances
SVC teams have made over the same time span.
Yet the lady Warriors stayed perfect.
A true testament to the greatest coach in SVC history, Laura Smith. 

HHSSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HHSSoftball »

X, I have to agree with you! Laura is a great coach and has established a program that has made each SVC team better. Although the 17 year home winning streak is impressive, and something that will never be matched, the most impressive statistic is the fact that her teams went 7 years without losing a game in the SVC. Everytime the top teams in southern Ohio are mentioned, there are 3 to 5 SVC teams mentioned in that conversation. Not to mention that the SVC often has 3 to 5 teams playing for district championships and multiple teams in the regional tournament. I will go on record as saying that Adena went undefeated for 7 years in the best volleyball conference in southern Ohio and the SVC is as good as it is because every other team in the league was trying to catch the Adena program!

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

SVCsportszone.com does a podcast show called SVC Sports Talk. Last week was our first show of 2012. We talked about Adena. Here is a link to the show...http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk082712

On this week's show, we want to know what is the next best streak (obviously, Adena's volleyball streak is the best) in SVC history - here are your choices...
http://www.svcsportszone.com/svcwinstreaks.html

I will give mine on this week's show (show will be posted on same link as the above show). I would love to hear your pick - call 740-569-3254 to be a part of the podcast. Just wait for the beep and give your response.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

I gotta go with Unioto baseball or Zane Trace softball records.
The reason is real simple, like in volleyball both softball and baseball represent the league well when it comes to tournament time. Long tournament runs by multiple teams in a season for me is the tale tell sign of a strong league.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Talk of streaks as well as plenty of volleyball including interview with Laura Smith on this week's new show . . .

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk090312

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Gotta go with Adena's mark. Adena had to go toe-to-toe with some extremety talented Westfall teams, along with Unioto and Huntington being in the mix. SVC does have a strong tradition in volleyball, baseball and softball.

Return to “Volleyball”