Aleta Aces

allaces1
Freshman Team

Aleta Aces

Post by allaces1 »

I know that tryouts for Aleta will be sometime in November. What is their practice schedule like? Will they start in December?

bettis
Varsity

Re: Aleta Aces

Post by bettis »

What a great program. I coached against them this last spring. Goodluck to everyone trying out.

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

The Aleta teams usually practice 2 times a week and don't start until January somtime. If a girl is still playing basketball she won't practice until her season is over.

Aleta runs a very good program and the teams always do well.

hillbilly
Waterboy

Post by hillbilly »

Can someone tell me what the age group is for Aleta Aces? Where do they practice and who is the coach?

h2o
Riding the Bench

Post by h2o »

The Aleta Aces tryouts are usually after the highschool season. They use local Highschools for practice. Mostly Alexander. Practice is usually twice a week and they start at the end of basketball. Age groups range from 6th grade up.Very Good training if your daughter is serious about volleyball. I know the Alexander staff usually coaches and some of the other High school coaches as well as OU players.

hillbilly
Waterboy

Post by hillbilly »

Thanks so much! Will be waiting for date and time.

t_squared
Waterboy

Post by t_squared »

The Aleta Aces is a great club program! Brad does a very nice job.

you know me
Waterboy

Post by you know me »

Aleta is probably the best club program around this area! Each age group always seems to be pretty decent! Great program, great coaches, and the girls seem to really enjoy it!

DawgDave
Waterboy

Post by DawgDave »

You got that right.

It has been criticized, but I don't see anyone doing it better in the region.

It really encourages high level play, kids LEARN - probably more than in their high school/ middle school programs, coaching is knowledgeable and very encouraging, and they shoot for very competitive tournaments. I think when a club player returns to their school they miss the quality. :-D

Does anyone know how many ALETA teams finished in the top 30 of their brackets last spring?

Return to “Volleyball”