Marietta over Jackson - SECTIONAL CHAMPS!

backinblack
Riding the Bench

Marietta over Jackson - SECTIONAL CHAMPS!

Post by backinblack »

The Marietta "Lady Tigers" defeated the Jackson Ironladies in 3 games (25-19, 25-14, 25-19) on Saturday at Sutton Gymnasium to claim the Sectional Championship Title!!

You'd have to go back 33 years (1975) to find the last time the Lady Tigers ever won a Sectional Final in volleyball, so IMHO any win from here on out is just a bonus...or icing on the cake...and the girls appear to be peaking at the right time!!

CONGRATULATIONS to a wonderful group of young ladies & best of luck in the districts!

Marietta will take on Sheridan at 7:30p at Southeastern High School directly after the Chillicothe/Logan Elm game at 6pm. (Hey...it's an early dismissal day for Marietta, too, so it would be great to see some of the students make the trip!)

Keep believing, Lady Tigers & Good Luck on Wednesday!! :122245

P.S. Congrats to the Ironladies on a great season under a new coach (& Coach Sue!) & best of luck to the departing seniors!!

ironman02
SEOP

Re: Marietta over Jackson - SECTIONAL CHAMPS!

Post by ironman02 »

Congrats to Marietta.

Tough loss for the Ironladies, but they should be very proud of what they accomplished this season. As backinblack said, good luck to the departing seniors.

t_squared
Waterboy

Post by t_squared »

Awesome job Tigers! Good luck on wednesday

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

good thing the jackson parents always act with so much class

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Ah, you gotta love those winning fans that get on here and worry about everything else except the game they just won. You can spot 'em from a mile away.

etta09....I would advise not painting the entire group with a broad brush because of one. We know what we're talking about here.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

Keyser_soze78 wrote:Ah, you gotta love those winning fans that get on here and worry about everything else except the game they just won. You can spot 'em from a mile away.

etta09....I would advise not painting the entire group with a broad brush because of one. We know what we're talking about here.

good thing no marietta parents have ever punched a cop over a volleyball game....and they did lose in 3 games so its not like one call made a difference.

run521
Waterboy

Post by run521 »

Good job lady Tigers, best of luck this week!

tigerland
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerland »

etta09 -Surely you didn't join this forum just to WOW us with that classy post?!? :lol:

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

no u pretty well summed it up. i mean jackson does have a history of this. for instance a girls basketball game i believe two years ago they started another fight after a game on the court

tigerland
Riding the Bench

Post by tigerland »

:?: What did I sum up?

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

that is the only reason i joined this particular forum

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I know most of the Jackson volleyball parents and they are very quality people. It is sad if a punch was thrown over a volleyball game......but I wasn't there so I don't have a clue what happened.

Great season Jackson and fine first year Coach!

Good Luck to Marietta.

Pointing out an entire group of fans as unclassy for the doings of one fan is more unclassy than 1 fan out of dozens getting out of hand.

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Ironman92....Good post. I agree 100-percent.

Good luck to Marietta the rest of the way.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

i never said that all jackson parents had no class....and it would be different if this were an isolated incident but sadly as i pointed out earlier with another group of parents starting a fight over a girls basketball game it is not. also i know that other parents were putting down players on their own team and went after marietta's coach after the game due to a call that a referee made. so yes many of the parents from jackson may be great people but a few have given a bad reputation on multiple occasions.

jackson1
Freshman Team

Post by jackson1 »

Ok Etta, why don't you tell the whole story about the basketball game. You neglect to mention the student section taunting the players on the bench. Or the fact that there was no administrators from the school to settle the things or control the students. You neglect to mention the refs Marietta "found" would get abused calling pee wee games. So tell all the facts if you are gonna spout off.

And in closing, Marietta has its share of "classy" soccer fans. Had the opportunity to see one "classy" gentlemen insulting our players the other night.

So Etta grab a hand full of rocks on your way into your big glass house.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

ok first off there is a major difference between a student section taunting the other teams players and parents or any spectators getting violent after the game. this is expected out of student sections and i am sure that the players on the bench never did anything to entice the student section to taunt them. in my eyes parents are held to a much higher standard than students are. students are kids parents are adults who are supposed to set a good example for these kids. most people i know would not consider punching a police officer setting a good example for kids. as i already mentioned i know that not all the parents from jackson are this way but the few that are really give a bad reputation to the entire group especially when it occurs on two separate occasions.

secondly, although i do agree that there should be administration at the games they should not have to worry about violence among the parents after the game. and i don't remember the students being the ones throwing the first punches after the game. and once again which is worse the fact that the administration was not there to prevent the fight or the fact that it happened in the first place

thirdly, you cannot pin a ref doing a bad job in a game on the school hosting the game. especially in tournament play i am almost positive that the school is not even in charge of finding the ref. and even if they are this does not justify the actions after the game. and the sad thing is the parent did not come after the ref at first the came after marietta's coach who had absolutely no say in the call the ref made. if you are going to confront somebody about the call, why not confront the person who made the call.

lastly, i have been to almost every soccer game this year and i know exactly how the students and parents act. 90% of the time it starts by a simple "ooo" after a bad play and things are continued when players on the field talk back to the student section and in many cases decide to be profane themselves and give them the middle finger. so don't try to pin this on us because everybody i know would rather have somebody say something mean to them than punch them in the face.

so no marietta fans and students are not perfect but i think we can all decide who's fans have acted worse in the past.

so i think i'll leave the rocks on the street and let my glass house stand

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

CONGRATS

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

[color=#FF4040]good luck tonight, think big and go all the way![/color]

MHStiger
Waterboy

Post by MHStiger »

Marietta beats #1 seed Sheridan at the District Semi-Finals in 5 games winning the last game 15-13.
Congrats TIGERS!!!!
Next game 4:00pm Saturday vs. Logan Elm for the District Championship

Return to “Volleyball”