ALL OVC VB TEAM?

VB Fan
Waterboy

ALL OVC VB TEAM?

Post by VB Fan »

Does anyone know who received the honor of All Ohio Valley Conference (Volleyball) or who was named player and coach of the year? I have yet to see anything in the Ironton Tribune but of course that is unlikely unless you walk down there and glue it to the page for them.

its a game
Waterboy

Re: ALL OVC VB TEAM?

Post by its a game »

How about the TVC hocking and Ohio divisions

coach456
Waterboy

Post by coach456 »

NO VOTING HAS BEEN DONE YET, IT SHOULD BE HAPPENING SOON.

its a game
Waterboy

Post by its a game »

all league voting should already be done?
district voting ? when?
is that ovc or tvc or seoal?

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

In the OVC its easy to pick Coach of the Year.The OVC Champ. team's coach automatically gets it.....So it will be Sharon Vanoy from River Valley.......... :12224

VB Fan
Waterboy

Post by VB Fan »

From an earlier post the district results were posted under the District all star subject and lists the participants and location. It seems the conference results should be out also. River Valley coach deserves coach of the year as referenced earlier with winning the conference. I believe this is the 7th year in a row winning the ohio valley conference. That streak needs broken.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

I'm tryin'........In 7 yrs. Sharon is 68-2 in the OVC , both losses to SP......... :12224

VB Fan
Waterboy

Post by VB Fan »

68-2 is beyond impressive. Although I did not see the earlier RV teams this years team was beatable but still more disciplined than the other conference teams. With the level of volleyball I have seen from RV, South Gallia, Alexander this year it is obvious that the ovc girls dont take the sport as serious as the teams from Scioto, Athens, Gallia counties. It is not for the lack of athletes but lack of depth of girls knowledgeable of the sport and its fundamentals.
ABUCK 76 what is your thoughts on this 68-2 run?

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Well, we're the only team to beat them.....You are right. V-ball has always been the third sport at OVC schools, even when RV wasn't there..........We'll try and give them a run for their money next year. We were young and rebuilding this year......Lose two good seniors for next yr., but we'll try............ :12224

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

Didn't South Point lose to SG this year? Who is the coach? Last year was a different coach? I think their old coach returned this year. Kind of a beach type guy.

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

VB fan, what made the difference in the gallia teams? Support from the admin, maybe?
Last edited by allaces1 on Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Yep, we lost to SG....Yep, I'm back, and thx for the beach type guy :122245 .........hey , ya gotta enjoy....... :12224

allaces1
Freshman Team

Post by allaces1 »

What clubs are your girls playing for coach?
Wouldn't mind seeing some of them at Crown City's tryouts.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

I've tried to get them to. But they're either Basketball or softball girls playing V-Ball. Any extra time , they put in their favorite sport. I have one girl that doesn't play b-ball. Middle hitter. Brooke Lucas. Soph. has huge potential........I'll tell her about it............ :12224

VB Fan
Waterboy

Post by VB Fan »

ABUCK76. Your team definately had better athletes than RV. Again you were young and error prone. You lose one of the best players in the OVC if not the best which will be hard to replace. Our girls at CG played you guys tough at home but werent close at sp.
Southern Ohio needs its own league/club team like what is available in Huntington at River Cities Thunder. I for one would be a volunteer but consistant gym time is an issue. If I understand correctly a hs coach can be the director but the team coaches would be parent volunteers. I believe if you look at all of the club teams in the area you may see a strong correlation between annual program success and whether a club team is local? Looking at the River Cities Thunder team it had last year some from Russell a few from CG, several from Fairland and many from Gallia County. I have talked to coaches at CG and Ironton and they agree something local is necessary. What can be done locally?

VB Fan
Waterboy

Post by VB Fan »

All Aces.
The difference I saw with South Gallia is that they had depth. They had several athletes to choose from. They were a little raw but good. I would think those girls are solid in B-Ball and Softball. I watched them play CG. Their anticipation and athleticism won the encounters. CG had some good vball players but many of the schools top female athletes did not play. They consider themselves basketball players. The new coach at the school has some great tenacity and drive but lets hope the girls realize the joy of competition is short lived and they should participate and enjoy each sport but take them seriously and represent their schools and communities.

VB Fan
Waterboy

Post by VB Fan »

Any results yet on ALL-OVC? All District results were published.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Sharon Vannoy will be announcing tommorrow . We had meeting tonight. Ericka Leighty and Courtney Koukos were All - OVC and Hannah Huron was Honorable Mention All OVC from South Point. ........ :12224

VB Fan
Waterboy

Post by VB Fan »

Ericka Leighty player of the year? I know this usually comes from the winning team but she was probably one of the best players if not the best all around I saw this year.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

No ,she was not player of the year , as the OVC does not name a player of the year............... :12224

Return to “Volleyball”