Tournament Draw this weekend

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Tournament Draw this weekend

Post by Ironman92 »

Wkkj.com

Sports---local sports stories

Eastern Pike a #2 seed....awesome. I'll just assume the #2 has a clearer path to the state than the #1 and Coach Day wanted the 2.

jumparound
Freshman Team

Post by jumparound »

Nope....assumed wrong. There is no guarantee where teams will be in regionals. It's called politics.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Waverly did indeed get their well deserved #1 seed.Best of Luck!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

jumparound wrote:Nope....assumed wrong. There is no guarantee where teams will be in regionals. It's called politics.
Oh...I've been in the meetings in other sports...always something ridiculous.

Why would those schools side with SW? Are they mad because EP kicks their tails every year and don't wish them the fairest run?

So EP and Eastern Meigs will face in the district finals and SW will get someone they should beat instead of someone they likely wouldn't.

jumparound
Freshman Team

Post by jumparound »

No Eastern and Eastern wouldn't play each other until regional finals if they both get there. Sw will play eastern pike in district finals.

jumparound
Freshman Team

Post by jumparound »

There were two sectionals. Eastern pike was in a sectional draw with a lot of tvc schools including eastern Reedsville Webster was in the clay as the next best team

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ah....I get it. Eastern Pike is in the same sectional like their boys basketball team and lumped in against all the teams on the far eastern side of the district and they sided with Eastern Meigs who is in their league and Eastern Pike was alone.

Garbage.

Best of luck to the Eastern Pike girls.

supermama
Freshman Team

Post by supermama »

Congrats to Eastern Reedsville on your number 1 seed! You girls have worked hard all year and now it's time to start the second season! Go Eagles! We love you girls and have all the faith in you.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

Ironman92 wrote:
jumparound wrote:Nope....assumed wrong. There is no guarantee where teams will be in regionals. It's called politics.

Why would those schools side with SW? Are they mad because EP kicks their tails every year and don't wish them the fairest run?

So EP and Eastern Meigs will face in the district finals and SW will get someone they should beat instead of someone they likely wouldn't.
Hey before you go off the deep end eastern pike was second to eastern Reedsville and south Webster will face eastern pike in the district finals. As far as eastern beaver kicking south websters butt goes, I seem to remember a very close season opener last year and a very tight district final even though south Webster was missing a very big part of their team. Had they been fully health beaver would have had to pay admission to get into the regionals.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Esully63 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

Hey before you go off the deep end eastern pike was second to eastern Reedsville and south Webster will face eastern pike in the district finals. As far as eastern beaver kicking south websters butt goes, I seem to remember a very close season opener last year and a very tight district final even though south Webster was missing a very big part of their team. Had they been fully health beaver would have had to pay admission to get into the regionals.
What? South Webster is an excellent team. But I'm talking about Eastern getting seeded unfairly due to sectional location and league affiliation. SW got what they deserved as far as their seeding....you guys would've faced EP or EM in the district finals....whereas the difficulty level for the district finals for EP is significantly tougher.

Doesn't matter....EP (if they survive SW) will be better for it in the regionals.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Esully63 wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:

The butt kicking was speaking of the SOC schools with Eastern Pike...meaning Eastern defeats them soundly and they were angry enough to vote against them.

All that was the only reasoning I could get....but forgot EP was put into the other sectional...making that thought null and void.

lovevball8
Freshman Team

Post by lovevball8 »

Ironman92, SW's coach doesn't operate that way. She respects the game and the kids who play it. She would vote for the best team, regardless of whether her team "got their tail kicked". Other coaches, not so much...

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

lovevball8 wrote:Ironman92, SW's coach doesn't operate that way. She respects the game and the kids who play it. She would vote for the best team, regardless of whether her team "got their tail kicked". Other coaches, not so much...
Go get um "Lovevball8"! I will back you up, South Webster has a class act for a coach, great kids and a bright future. The only thing they are missing is a student section and student support at the games!

number18
Waterboy

Post by number18 »

go waverly you are no.1 seed!you deserve it.thanks for the support black panther.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

You're welcome...I don't support anything unless I believe in it...Hope to see a few games down the stretch and into the tournament.Good Luck!

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

In D4, Eastern Beaver should've been seed 1. No questions asked. But in the long run, aka Regionals, they will get the better end if the deal. Beaver will get to play Newark Catholic, who they beat last year. Reedsville will have to play Shekinah Christian, who they also beat last year. Overall Beaver got the better end of the deal I think. But we will see.

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

Lets go Reedsville Eastern! One game at a time. You can do it!!

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

run-n-gun wrote:In D4, Eastern Beaver should've been seed 1. No questions asked. But in the long run, aka Regionals, they will get the better end if the deal. Beaver will get to play Newark Catholic, who they beat last year. Reedsville will have to play Shekinah Christian, who they also beat last year. Overall Beaver got the better end of the deal I think. But we will see.
Eastern Beaver should have been #1 seed? Reedsville has one loss early in the season, plays a tougher schedule, beat Beaver to move on to the final four last year and has made a pretty consistent habit of knocking Beaver out of the tourney whenever they meet! Could you explain why you feel Beaver should have received the #1 seed over Reedsville? Lets not forget You cried Beaver should have been #1 seed last year over Reedsville and we see where that went! I am not saying Reedsville is better, they may get to play each other and find out, but I am saying "There is no logical reason to take the #1 seed away from Reedsville.". Enough sour grapes, two years in a row complain complain, let just play.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

lovevball8 wrote:Ironman92, SW's coach doesn't operate that way. She respects the game and the kids who play it. She would vote for the best team, regardless of whether her team "got their tail kicked". Other coaches, not so much...
I never said a darn thing about SW's coach. I was trying to make a scratch of sense as to why SW would be over EP.....I was grasping with the small school coaches going against for about 2 minutes until I realized EP was in the other sectional.

South Webster's coach does an excellent job and has a great program....I have zero negatives to say. I wish her and her team the best of luck in the tourney.

And no I don't think the small school coaches would do that either....just couldn't figure it out.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Esully63 wrote:
run-n-gun wrote:In D4, Eastern Beaver should've been seed 1. No questions asked. But in the long run, aka Regionals, they will get the better end if the deal. Beaver will get to play Newark Catholic, who they beat last year. Reedsville will have to play Shekinah Christian, who they also beat last year. Overall Beaver got the better end of the deal I think. But we will see.
Eastern Beaver should have been #1 seed? Reedsville has one loss early in the season, plays a tougher schedule, beat Beaver to move on to the final four last year and has made a pretty consistent habit of knocking Beaver out of the tourney whenever they meet! Could you explain why you feel Beaver should have received the #1 seed over Reedsville? Lets not forget You cried Beaver should have been #1 seed last year over Reedsville and we see where that went! I am not saying Reedsville is better, they may get to play each other and find out, but I am saying "There is no logical reason to take the #1 seed away from Reedsville.". Enough sour grapes, two years in a row complain complain, let just play.
I just feel they're more deserving. Not saying Reedsville isn't. You can only play the games on your schedule. It's up to you to win the games. Reedsville does have a tougher schedule. But at the same time, can you hold Beaver accountable for the poor excuse of a conference they play in?

But looking ahead, I highly doubt these teams meet in Regionals again. One, if not both, may those their first game. Over the summer, I heard Beaver played both Shekinah and Reedsville. From sounds of the games, Shekinah will be a handful at Regionals for Reedsville.

Anyways, good luck to all teams, and hopefully the Easterns can keep a private school from state.

Return to “Volleyball”