Re: All-District?

Post by Ironman92 »

I like the D4 1st team lol...but deserving

getaclue
Riding the Bench

Post by getaclue »

Ironman92,
Add Miranda Clark, Eastern, to that D4 1st team list. She also made it but her name was not there.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

getaclue wrote:Ironman92,
Add Miranda Clark, Eastern, to that D4 1st team list. She also made it but her name was not there.
Is this list complete? Are there players missing and what about POY's? I have been checking the district 14 website and they still have not posted anything for 2012. I sure hope this list is accurate, could be hurtful to some if it is not, situations like "Miranda Clark" being left. Does anyone know when district 14 will release the official honors list? I have just checked the district 14 web site again and they still have not posted for this year. I also noticed that all first and second teams in all divisions last year were 6 members each. Miranda would make seven, something sounds amiss.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Every team in District 13 is out....let's see that list.

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

:0)
Last edited by middlechild on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

bdubya
Varsity

Post by bdubya »

Ironman92 wrote:Every team in District 13 is out....let's see that list.
Just as soon as we receive it, we'll list it.

Again, the coaches chose the teams and have the results.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

C'mon coaches....why the secret? Lol

All-state awards are being put out.

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

Last edited by middlechild on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Is there a problem with Janet winning?

I don't see a player of the year chosen?

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

Last edited by middlechild on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ok....problem with Howie winning? Lol

But yeah....Eastern had to have had the best player. Who won it?

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

Last edited by middlechild on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

middlechild wrote:How can the Eastern coach get Coach of the Year and an Eastern player not get player of the year. Slap in the face.
Grow up, best team does not always have the best player. I see other conferences and district were player of the year was not on the winningest team. I would hate for the kids to think "We didnt win the conference there is no way I will be considered for POY." Even worse would be "We won our conference I have got a lock on POY." Player of the year should mean exactly that, they were the best player that year, not they were on this team or their team record was... Once you step outside the district level these honors become very weak as the voting coaches know little about players outside their area so the voting usually swings to the areas that have the greater number of pole voters. Within district voting were coaches pretty much know the top talent within their district I would hope that they would vote fairly for the player that truely deserves it most and not "Oh coach Z's team kicked everybodys butt his nomonee should surely be POY.". Not always the case, the POY could be found on the weakest team in the league.

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I'm not sure too many coaches in the TVC like Easterns volleyball team. Jealousy

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

Super Trooper wrote:I'm not sure too many coaches in the TVC like Easterns volleyball team. Jealousy
That would be sad if an Eastern girl deserved POY and didn't get it out of jealousy! As players, coaches, and fans its sometimes hard to draw back from that dislike of rivals and see things as they are. I dislike our rivals, don't care for some coaches methods or style, but I always respect their talents and abilities. I don't want to upset anyone and what I am about to say is for illustration only and I am not trying to disrespect anyone. For example... Howie is a very load coach, he could be up 24-0 and throw a fit about an unforced error his team just made. I do not like his style, but I respect him because year in and year out he gets results. I just wish, before voting for 1st team 2nd team etc... , coaches would distance themselves from their emotions and vote on abilities not likes and dislikes. It's tough, I know, to forget personalities and rivalries but I beleive the athletes deserve to receive awards based purely on abilities, no politics no emotional issues just ability.

hoopitup
Freshman Team

Post by hoopitup »

Is someone going to post it?

middlechild
Freshman Team

Post by middlechild »

I'm just going to say God Bless You Esully63. :0)

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

middlechild wrote:I'm just going to say God Bless You Esully63. :0)
I'm not sure I deserve that but "Thank You" and God Bless you too!

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

I agree with Esully63 that athletes deserve to receive awards based purely on abilities, not politics and emotional issues. Too many coaches seem to do this in high school because they are either friends outside of the school arena or work with a player's parent in the school system. It's really not fair to the athletes who put in the extra time playing on club teams, summer leagues and attend the summer high school scrimmages to better themselves. Those athletes usually want to take it to the next level of college play. Coaches should vote on abilies not personality confilcts. Also, some of the better players could have higher stats but some coaches set them out to allow the bench to play more in less competitve games to improve the team as a whole. In saying that, Eastern does have some girls who are very talented and I'm sure we will see some of them take it to the college level.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

START TIME wrote:I agree with Esully63 that athletes deserve to receive awards based purely on abilities, not politics and emotional issues. Too many coaches seem to do this in high school because they are either friends outside of the school arena or work with a player's parent in the school system. It's really not fair to the athletes who put in the extra time playing on club teams, summer leagues and attend the summer high school scrimmages to better themselves. Those athletes usually want to take it to the next level of college play. Coaches should vote on abilies not personality confilcts. Also, some of the better players could have higher stats but some coaches set them out to allow the bench to play more in less competitve games to improve the team as a whole. In saying that, Eastern does have some girls who are very talented and I'm sure we will see some of them take it to the college level.
Start Time, as far as your last statement, I agree both Eastern Pike and Reedsville have some very talented players and could actually have the POY. My only issue is the attitude that they were the best team it's a slap in the face if they don't get the POY. I beleive we are in agreement that is not the best way to look at it. I see in several district honors that there are several POY's that did not come from conference winning teams. One example is Jackie Kellogg, and I think we all can agree she is top shelf. I am not saying the coaches are getting it wrong because I see cases like this every year but the fans need to realize that the coaches know these players better than they do and then place their trust in the coaches to vote appropriately.

Return to “Volleyball”