New OU volleyball coach

full of it
Riding the Bench

New OU volleyball coach

Post by full of it »

Is there a possibility of Brad Jeffers of Alexander getting the job? He has connections at OU and great recruiting skills.

sball32
Riding the Bench

Re: New OU volleyball coach

Post by sball32 »

full of it wrote:Is there a possibility of Brad Jeffers of Alexander getting the job? He has connections at OU and great recruiting skills.

Oh now we all know he has an A+ in that category. :lol: :lol:

Sorry, but I don't see it happening. No chance. They will hire a coach with some college experience, not high school. Just my opinion.

bcnu
Freshman Team

Post by bcnu »

full of it wrote:Is there a possibility of Brad Jeffers of Alexander getting the job? He has connections at OU and great recruiting skills.

Now that is funny............ I needed a good laugh

Daisy
Waterboy

Post by Daisy »

Will Alexander lose their assistant coach? If so, I'm sure she will be greatly missed. She brings so much to their program, Jeffers will have a hard time replacing her.

sball32
Riding the Bench

Post by sball32 »

Do you mean Coach Carlston's Wife, Sara? Is that who was the assistant to Jeffers? And if so, I assume he will have to find another assistant.

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

But his connections are leaving town...

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I just spit liquids all over my laptop :lol: :lol:

sball32
Riding the Bench

Post by sball32 »

G W McLintock wrote:

But his connections are leaving town...

Exactly GW. And LOL Orestes.

freethrow
Varsity

Post by freethrow »

I heard Jeffers resigned at Alexander? Any body know anything about that

Daisy
Waterboy

Post by Daisy »

I just talked to one of the Alexander players this weekend. She only said they were losing their assistant coach, nothing was said about Jeffers. He would have to be crazy to quit with the team they have returning.

IMK01
Riding the Bench

Post by IMK01 »

Yes, he would be crazy to leave Alexander now, with the team he's recruited so far, plus, doesn't he have more recruits coming in this year? ;-)

Orestes - I hope you don't have to buy a new laptop now :lol:

interception
Waterboy

Post by interception »

What part of OPEN ENROLLMENT do you people not understand??? Your green eyes need to blame the state for allowing this and you should take your thoughts to them and see what happens. It starts with open enrollment and then each superintendent has to allow transfers, etc. The coaches are down the list on this. If kids had to sit out a year if they are athletes even with open enrollment you wouldn't see this happening so much but until things are changed at the state level it will continue. It doesn't just happen at Alexander.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

I agree with interception.

If things stay the same we too will be "moving in".

sball32
Riding the Bench

Post by sball32 »

Well these kinds of things haven't happened around here recently that I'm aware of. This is the first time i have heard of any illegal recruiting in SEO. Also, Jackson does not have open enrollment with Alexander. If I'm not mistaken, it's like 35-40 minutes between the two. I'm saying this because two of them came from Jackson, didn't they?? Either way, it's illegal to recruit if you're a public school. We're allowed to discuss it, but no one has stepped up and said anything yet. If this continues for a year or two, I'm guessing someone will slip a word to the state, and it will end. :roll: :roll:

interception
Waterboy

Post by interception »

Evidently I've missed some late breaking news. So, Alexander has been found guilty of illegal recruiting? From what I understand there have been individuals from Alex contact the state yet the program is still growing. Obviously the state didn't find any wrongdoing or they put it down to some disgruntled parents. Really, I'm not saying I agree with all the move ins because I don't but what I am saying is that you can't totally blame the coach because many other people have to sign off on this. To me you should want to oust the superintendents because they are ALLOWING this to happen! Ultimately it all comes down to money! I am sure that there are still "true" Alexander girls still playing. Also. doesn't the coach also coach a club team? I am also sure that there must be three Alexander players on this team.

sball32
Riding the Bench

Post by sball32 »

interception wrote:Evidently I've missed some late breaking news. So, Alexander has been found guilty of illegal recruiting? From what I understand there have been individuals from Alex contact the state yet the program is still growing. Obviously the state didn't find any wrongdoing or they put it down to some disgruntled parents. Really, I'm not saying I agree with all the move ins because I don't but what I am saying is that you can't totally blame the coach because many other people have to sign off on this. To me you should want to oust the superintendents because they are ALLOWING this to happen! Ultimately it all comes down to money! I am sure that there are still "true" Alexander girls still playing. Also. doesn't the coach also coach a club team? I am also sure that there must be three Alexander players on this team.

First of all, I want to say nice post. I'm assuming there wasn't enough parents that went to the state to complain about the recruiting, or the state didn't want to deal with it(my guess) and therefore didn't conduct an investigation. But maybe that didn't even happen(any proof they went there, or just heresay??) If it wasn't for the coach though (he was the one that GOT the girls to come, not approved them, you have a point there). And yes, there are a few "true" Alex girls still playing, but 4 or 5-from what i hear-quit last year, for obvious reasons. I heard there weren't many Aleta Aces(Jeffers' club team) teams this year, like 2 or 3 for 2 or 3 age brackets. Matchpoint came down here and started a league for SEO and took most of the players that used to play Aleta i think...

Orestes
S

Post by Orestes »

I don't think it's necessarily illegal for a coach to "suggest" that a player would be a nice addition to the roster. It's just unethical.

The steps to successfully avoid being sanctioned by the OHSAA....

1) Be a "smooth criminal" aka talk well and nicely to people's faces (CHECK)
2) Do not "actually" violate any rule. (Possibly CHECK)
3) Coach a sport with very little fanfare (CHECK)
4) Get "in" with heads of the main competition (CHECK)
5) Win a lot (CHECK)

BTW, the laptop is ok. Thankfully. :lol:

IMK01
Riding the Bench

Post by IMK01 »

Orestes,

Good list. It will be interesting to see how many "newly transferred" players Alexander has this year. And also if the two 8th grade "transfers" from Fed Hock who will be freshmen in the fall get quality varsity playing time as they were supposedly promised.

Also glad to hear your laptop is OK :lol:

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

I doubt they get serious playing time. Alex returns alot and will be very good next year. These girls would have to be extremely talented to see much Varsity time.

Snowman
Freshman Team

Post by Snowman »

Let's get back on topic. Any news on who will be the new Ohio U volleyball coach? Or athletic director?

Return to “Volleyball”