ALEXANDER POST MISSING AGAIN?

admar
Riding the Bench

ALEXANDER POST MISSING AGAIN?

Post by admar »

What's the deal? I was looking at it around 7:30 this morning and it all seemed good on there. Why is it getting deleted so much. Freedom of speech. Everyone has an opinion and I don't recall seeing any that was out of line( maybe one)

h2o
Riding the Bench

Re: ALEXANDER POST MISSING AGAIN?

Post by h2o »

that "one" could do it .

admar
Riding the Bench

Post by admar »

h2o wrote:that "one" could do it .

Thank you for the info---guess its not meant to have an Alex post on here without it being taken on in a short time. We all have opinions and I guess we need to think before we type at times for some of us. Oh well. Good luck to the Spartans on Sat. Do they know yet, who they play and what time will the game takes place and where? Probably a home game!

Guy in the Stands
Waterboy

Post by Guy in the Stands »

Great advice h20-

You should follow it and quit being so sanctimonious.

h2o
Riding the Bench

Post by h2o »

people have been bashing these kids for 2 years. i felt it was time for someone to state some facts rather than a lot of false info and jealous comments. what these girls have accomplished has never been done in this area before and may never be done again !! (regardless of what happens this year in the tournament)they deserve the truth to be known !! if that is sanctimoneous than i am guilty as charged. i do wish the best to all the local teams in the tournament !!

Guy in the Stands
Waterboy

I feel the same obligation as well. No argument that the " Alexander " team has done impressively well. And I'm glad that the kids have had a great experience. But the effort is not truly legitimate given that it is a compiled all-star team.

Yes, I'm jealous. If Athens retained the three recruits, one can only imagine how good of a team it could have been. Perhaps we'd be cheering Athens on in the tourney-

h2o
Riding the Bench

Post by h2o »

do you really,honestly think that those three kids would even be close to the level of players that they are presently, if they had been in the Athens system ? remember els wasnt from athens originally and played setter her 8th grade year !! irwin and mccoy also were setters in 8th grade ????? they might of been good but athens has tons of good players. Athens loses in 4 to chilli rather than 3...maybe. just trying to be real guy, not trying to argue.

Quagmire
Riding the Bench

Post by Quagmire »

I saw a rainbow this morning and followed it to its end.
It was raining gum drops and marshmellows.
I said, is this heaven? They said yes, If your a volleyball player.
Whats it called, I asked? They said Alexander highschool silly.
I said, I have heard of such a place but never believed in it.
And a man on a throne said, " Are you unhappy, scared of your class mates, tired of a second class education?
"Yes", I answerd!
He said, Then join our quest in search of the holy grail.
Where will it lead us, I asked.
To the state volleyball finals! he answerd.
How can this be? I asked.
He said, see the wine you drink. It once was water. See these 3 hitters, they once were setters.
They then walked into the light and fulfilled all their dreams.
I want to convert! I told him.
He said, Climb aboard the band wagon and join the many who have come!

Guy in the Stands
Waterboy

h2o-

It is ok to disagree and argue. Isn't that the point of this?

No question that the Gang of 3 blossomed under the guidance of Coach J. Never have suggested otherwise. He is a hell of a good coach. I just have an issue with the way that he has gone about building the program.

Athens has good players but none of the same quality of JE. She is a special player, the only one from around here to maybe have a shot a playing in college somewhere other than a D3 private. She would have been the best player on Athens' squad as a Frosh.

Contrary to what you've try to sell, even though she is from out west originally, she transferred in to Athens in sixth grade. She did her junior playing for the "man", JV. She was handpicked by Coach J for two years on his Aleta team. Interesting how Coach J always got the pick of the litter when he was an eigth grade/14's coach. He's no fool-

interception
Waterboy

Post by interception »

Quagmire be very very careful what you continue to say on this forum. Keep in mind that us old timers have good memories when it comes to athletics in southeastern ohio. I would think that you of all people would be the last person to throw stones or to talk about the morals of anyone. Days have passed but memories remain.

mainetime
Waterboy

Post by mainetime »

So anyway, who does Alexander play and what time for tournaments?

BH1
Waterboy

Post by BH1 »

Believe Saturday 4:00 -Crooksville

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Good luck Spartans.

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

Guy and quag, Why don't you just let it go. What is done is done. The truth of the matter is that Alex has had great players for the last 6 or 7 years. That has more to do with Alexander's sucess than the coach period. I don't care how good the coach is if you don't have great players than you aren't going to be any good.

fighting_falcon
Freshman Team

Post by fighting_falcon »

birdman
So you are saying the coach had nothing to do with developing those players, they just came into the program being good?

Birdman
Riding the Bench

Post by Birdman »

you are looking into the post way to much. I didn't say he wasn't a good coach. I said the players are talented and they have probably worked hard. A coach does not have a sucessful record and not have gifted players on their team.

t_squared
Waterboy

Post by t_squared »

I saw Alexander play in the beginning of the season and they looked very impressive. I'm sure they've just continued to get better. I think Coach Jeffers is a very good coach and Good Luck to them in the tournament!

Binary
JV Team

Post by Binary »

Can they win it all this year?

lovevball8
Freshman Team

Post by lovevball8 »

Without question. Absolutely!

Return to “Volleyball”