Congrats to Unioto - SVC Champs

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Congrats to Unioto - SVC Champs

Post by warningtrackpower »

Unioto wins the SVC - my take on SVCsportszone.com of this run to the tite...

http://www.svcsportszone.com/2014unioto ... lteam.html

Xtoxxviii
All State

Re: Congrats to Unioto - SVC Champs

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Nicely done Warningtrack,
You took it out of the park with that read.

Some talking points to think about for this weeks show:

Senior night at the U, short sweet and the way they should be.
We had 7 seniors and still got the game off around the 6 p.m. mark.
These long drawn out presentations have grown old to the majority of fans and to be honest I don't think it's fair to the visiting team to sit through some of these extended versions of senior night, especially if the schedule works out to where a team has to visit more then one opponent on senior night.
If they get much longer the SVC may have to look at coming up with rules regarding the length of these type of activities. Like the one Unioto senior memento said "LETS PLAY BALL!"
Leave the five page, 10 minute oracles for the after game mixers.

In your opinion(s) which SVC Sport has across the board the best set of coaches/programs
Is it Cross Country with the likes of Paxton and Sheppard,
Softball, Redman, Medved ect....
Football, Volleyball, Boys Basketball, golf, girls softball, tack, girls basketball, baseball?
Which one do you guys choose and what do you weight your choices on, is it conference wins, tournament wins, players now at the college level, numbers in programs, general progression of programs ect.....

Most of the gyms in the SVC have names:
Piketon = Oven
ZT = The big Pit
WF = The Thunder Dome
SE = The Larry
Adena = The Big Blue WigWam
PV = The Jigger
Unioto = The Meat Locker "Coined by one Ron Von Hagen" after the chilly temperatures the gym was being kept at earlier this year.
Huntington= ? Does Huntington have one? If not what should it be?

Will you guys be covering any sectional volleyball games?

X

iknow
Freshman Team

Post by iknow »

Great point about the length of the senior night programs. I'm pretty sure the other night I heard a comment from the family dog. I think it was describing their season...

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Congratulations to the Unioto girls on their championship season. It just doesn't happen, alot of work goes into driving a league title. It started back when these seniors were in middle school. They found their chemistry on the court and worked out all the pieces till it flowed like a smooth machine. Enjoy this as when you are older it will sink in how special this was. Congrats from your former rival coach at Chillicothe but your lifelong friend.

BudLytle
Riding the Bench

Post by BudLytle »

Best set of coaches in SVC has to be volleyball! Smith, Koker, and Magill are established veterans with tons of success. Dresbach at SE has be a long time asst and did a nice job as head coach this year. Rodgers at Westfall is a GREAT young coach. Dont think any other sport in the SVC has this depth of good coaches with proven success.

As for Huntington's gym name: Have never heard one, but how about "The Township Hall!"

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

itsaboutthegame wrote:Best set of coaches in SVC has to be volleyball! Smith, Koker, and Magill are established veterans with tons of success. Dresbach at SE has be a long time asst and did a nice job as head coach this year. Rodgers at Westfall is a GREAT young coach. Dont think any other sport in the SVC has this depth of good coaches with proven success.

As for Huntington's gym name: Have never heard one, but how about "The Township Hall!"
I agree volleyball is very impressive,
But so is Baseball, Cross Country and I think Softball more than holds their own across the board.

Township hall
I like it
Here are some other brain storming ideas
Carrol's Court
Kellough's Keep
Haubeils Hold
Grubbs Grotto
Grays Garage
Bridenbaughs Burrow
Haulsworths Helm
The Light-EL House
The Bears Den
The Tracey (In honor of the great Tracey Depugh and the Huntington Hall of Fame slight he received)
Depughs Depot
Tri spoke wagon wheel (772, Rozelle Creek, Blain Highway)
Ralstons Run
Uhrigs Yard
Hartwoods hardwood

iknow wrote:Great point about the length of the senior night programs. I'm pretty sure the other night I heard a comment from the family dog. I think it was describing their season...

iknow-
The X nominates you to be the SVC senior night adviser.
I will be your associate if the pay is good.
IKnow you would have no qualms with keeping it real and cutting a lot of this fluff out.
If your wanting to give middle school stats on the consolation tournament game your little precious participated in, that's fine but do it at the after game party where 58% of the people present will care enough to retain what's being said. As it is almost 99% are only remembering how long it took to get through with it and on to what we are really there to do.

Speaking of middle school...
Warningtrack here are the results from the first day of SVC 8th grade volleyball action

Tournament seating
#1-Adena
#2-Southeastern
#3-Unioto
#4-Huntington
#5-Piketon
#6-Paint Valley
#7-Zane Trace
#8-Westfall

1st Round
Adena over Westfall in two
25-13, 25-20

Huntington over Piketon in two
25-23, 25-20

Unioto over Paint Valley in two
25-12, 25-21

Southeastern over Zane Trace in two
25-19, 25-19

2nd Round
Adena over Huntington in two
25-11, 25-19

Southeastern over Unioto in Three
16-25, 25-21, 25-18

Consolation game will be
Huntington vs Unioto 5:30 Monday

Championship game will be a 20 minute rolling start after the consolation game concludes:
Southeastern vs Adena
Exciting young players to watch in this match:
From Southeastern
Gobel, Hice and Skeens
From Adena
Delong, Kerns and Petiford

The 7th grade tournament will be held at Adena on Tuesday, they will use both gyms and get the tournament done that night.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

While we wait on the official list later this week, I have posted my annual SVCsportszone.com's All-SVC volleyball team...20:30-34:12 is discussion on the formation of the teams including Jenna Hutton's injury situation, then the teams are released from 34:12-59:15...

Here is the link - just click, hit play arrow, and FF to your favorite part

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk101314

Fans, also check website for look at Adena 8th grade tournament title

Return to “Volleyball”