SOC 2 - 2014

SHAQ25
Waterboy

Re: SOC 2 - 2014

Post by SHAQ25 »

Burg sweeps Waverly in three. Pirates are looking sharp. Tournament time!!!

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

ESully, thx and good luck to Webster in the tourney . West beat Oak Hill Thursday--finish the season 13-8 (8-6 SOC)----Take on Fairland in the playoffs-stay focused and work hard this week. Take nothing for granted, playing for a big sectional championship.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

ClevelandBrowns#1 wrote:ESully, thx and good luck to Webster in the tourney . West beat Oak Hill Thursday--finish the season 13-8 (8-6 SOC)----Take on Fairland in the playoffs-stay focused and work hard this week. Take nothing for granted, playing for a big sectional championship.
Thanks for the wishes in our post season play. Luck would come in handy but what we really need is some passion. Individually we have a lot of talent but we seem to be having trouble maintaining intensity. Team chemistry is just not there this year. Maybe that luck your sending will spark something. I have seen teams like this before just all of a sudden click and start playing the way they can. A fan can only hope.

Esully63
Freshman Team

Post by Esully63 »

SHAQ25 wrote:Burg sweeps Waverly in three. Pirates are looking sharp. Tournament time!!!
Well for once I will have to agree. Burg has been the most consistent and definitely the strongest team I have seen in Div III this year. Scrappy on the defense quick to turn around to offense. My advise for the tourney's.

Number one and always my top advise "Keep Swinging", keep the hitters swinging, you can not win with tips as you progress in the tourney. If you tip, it better score or you are just saying "Come on and attack me again.". Will your hitters get block? If they are swinging they will but if they continue to swing they will find the openings.

Number two, get the block up early and often and be prepared for your opponent to go to the tip game. If you can force them to tip you can beat them regardless of how good their hitters are. You have got to get those OH/ RH involved in the blocking in the middle as well as the outside.

Finally watch the setting and pushing, tourney officials will not be as lenient as SOC officials with the double hit and lifts, and never push center back, always go corners.

Oh well, those are my pet peeves, nothing mind blowing. Good luck in the tourney.

Return to “Volleyball”