Chillicothe head coach

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Chillicothe head coach

Post by boo33vb »

Chillicothe head coach position is available. Middle school, freshman and jv all had sucessfull seasons in 2013. Alot of up and coming talent. Varsity graduates 5 with 6 returning letter winners. Great time to build with a shot at winning the league next year as Washington C.H. loses 3 key players to graduation. Contact Will Brown, Athletic Director to apply.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Re: Chillicothe head coach

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Here is where Chillicothe should start:
Paul Tanedo  Long time SOVC Coach and former Chillicothe assistant 
Or 
Victoria Monroe, Spiketown coach and former Peebles Coach

Of course Bret Wrightsel would be the X's 1st choice
but I understand and respect his decision on taking a different role in the program.

Do the numbers look like CHS will be D2 again next year?

Keep us posted Boo

DadPaul08
Riding the Bench

Post by DadPaul08 »

Schools remain in the same division for two years, before the recount

jumphigh
Varsity

Post by jumphigh »

Would jackie whittle be a good fit?

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Chillicothe will remain D2 for 2014 season. Jacquie Whittle is rumored to be going back to school so if true she is out of the picture.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

boo33vb wrote:Chillicothe will remain D2 for 2014 season. Jacquie Whittle is rumored to be going back to school so if true she is out of the picture.

Miss Whittle would be a great hire but I don't think she would leave PV for CHS. 

How soon will the Cavs fill this position?
Will it be this winter or next spring?
Hope they don't wait till summer.

Some good coaches are available hopefully the Cavs land a top notch one.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

X, i have spoken to 3 coaches that are interested and all are quality people and coaches. Job has not been posted yet but i think they intend to fill it this winter ( smart move ) as administration has been busy with the crossover from fall to winter sports. Looking forward to sitting in our gym/lawn chairs in club ball and complaining about the referees and coaches. :) just kidding. This will be my 1st time sitting on the sideline in 18 years so i don't know how to act, you and Walsh gotta help me. You might pack some duct tape and firm rope to tie me down. Never mind, the Mrs Boo will be there with a firm staredown in case i get redfaced. You know the drill i'm sure. Happy Thanksgiving to you and family.

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Chillicothe job has now been posted on the OHSAA and OHSVCA web sites as apparently nobody in school system applied. Opens it up to anyone with a good volleyball background and meeting qualifications per CHS board and admin. Go Cavs!

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

I understand the Waverly coach was district coach of the year. I also understand the Waverly team was good last year. Maybe she would be a good fit.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

From the OHSAA Web Site

Head girls volleyball coach:
Chillicothe High School. Interested candidates should email letter of interest, current resume with win/loss record, at least three references to chillicothecoachsearch@gmail.com or mail to 421 Yoctangee Pkwy, chillicothe 45601. Deadline is 1/24/14 with review to start immediately.

What's the word Boo?

Who is on the short list for this position?

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

X, good to hear from you and will see you soon as our club season has arrived and we will be traveling around OHIO soon. Its no secret that 2 known candidates are Ashley Vollmar Cade, former CHS MVP from around 2003 or 04' and recent JV coach and Greg Tracey, former Southeastern and Unioto assistant coach. Both have excellent backgrounds in volleyball and are well educated, diverse, hold degrees in athletic fields and are great people both for the school and our community. I am close friends with both so i will refrain from any endorsments. I have asked but not been told if there are any other candidates. We will know soon as the Jan 24th deadline is upon us. I can guarantee a healthy Chillcothe vs Unioto rivalry will be back as these two understand what its about. Good, spirited volleyball and street credibility. I love the volleyball in ROSS county, its got to be one of the most competitive counties in the state for volleyball. Kudos to all the high school programs and the two clubs that are in ROSS county. Our kids are fortunate and it is thriving. Go Cavs!

levelheaded
Waterboy

Post by levelheaded »

i heard the Neff girl from Unioto Transfered to Chillicothe over Christmas break
if so thet should give CHS and new coach a trimendus roster boost.
i think she would of looked better in Kelly Green :mrgreen:

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Fence Post, i think somebody told you a "fib" as i don't see Neff ( assume its Karee ) transferring from a regional team that only graduates one or two seniors. Unioto will be the team to beat on everyone's schedule next season. Chillicothe has talent but will be young. Development is key. I see Lauren Price, Emma Roderick, Anna DeGarmo, and Malia Berry as four starters returning. Developing some solid middles will be 1st on the agenda. Have some good underclasswomen at middle position, but the speed at the varsity level is so much faster than jv and 9th. Gotta make a Hannah Day, Brittny Strawser, Alyssa Oates or Katelyn Martin out of somebody. Go Cavs!

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Fence Post wrote:i heard the Neff girl from Unioto Transfered to Chillicothe over Christmas break
if so thet should give CHS and new coach a trimendus roster boost.
i think she would of looked better in Kelly Green :mrgreen:
Not Karee Neff that transferred.

BLACKATTAXXX
Waterboy

Post by BLACKATTAXXX »

Whats the word on the coach??

RonVonHagen
Riding the Bench

Post by RonVonHagen »

Let's hope the administration gets the process going sooner rather than later. Not enough kids in the program are playing club and having a coach on board can get these kids in the gym and start working on their skillz...

miggyt
Freshman Team

Post by miggyt »

Greg Tracey will be recommended at Monday's board meeting. Assistants will be Bret Wrightsel (yep, THAT Bret Wrightsel) and Amanda Stewart (jr. high coach).

boo33vb
Freshman Team

Post by boo33vb »

Recommendations so far are:

Head Varsity Coach, Greg Tracey
Varsity assistant ( unpaid ), open
Junior varsity ( paid ), open
Freshman ( paid ), open
8th ( paid ) Bret Wrightsel
7th ( paid ) Amanda Stewart

Other 3 positions will be filled by March.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

Good to see CHS moving forward on the coaching staff.

Fence Post:
The Cavs did land a solid transfer from the U.
Allison Neff.
Allison Played all the way around the horn on the two previous Unioto SVC
Reserve Champion teams.
A Rock solid consistent server who was called on several times in varsity
Action to do so.
A great young lady both on and off the court.
Boo, our loss is your Cavs gain.

Ready for the "bag chair" season yet?

levelheaded
Waterboy

Post by levelheaded »

So I was kind of right.

Return to “Volleyball”