SVC in postseason play

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: SVC in postseason play

Post by danicalifornia »

Adena falls in 5 to put a wrap on a great season for the SVC.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Re: SVC in postseason play

Post by Xtoxxviii »

danicalifornia wrote:Alter took Game 1, 27-25. 3 straight hitting violations did the Lady Shermans in the finish the game. Either tickytack calls or our officials need to make the same calls throughout the season. .

Personally I do not have a high enough VolleyBall IQ to question the hands call today.
I will tell you I had three different people with what I consider high volleyball IQ's tell me we needed to clean our hands up or it would bite us in the tournament. I also had an official tell me the same thing prior to today.
Something for the Tanks to work on for next season.

As for today, we clearly had on the glass slipper and gave Alter  all they wanted in sets 1 and 3. They were not expecting to have the battle they had today and if we could have won one of those  sets I think we would have took them in five. Up to this point in the tournament Alter had only allowed one team to reach the 20 point mark on them in a set.

I think every Alter fan asked a Sherman fan just where exactly is our school, what league are we from and what club programs the girls played for. 
They were impressed, and needed the challenge going into the State for like I mentioned above they had steamrolled all other tournament opponents to this point.

All in all it was a great season and I hope everyone realizes the accomplishments and the enjoyment this group of girls brought many  a fan.

THANKS TANKS!

P.S.
It was great seeing coach Ridenour go all Bobby Knight on a chair at the end of set one :mrgreen:

Return to “Volleyball”